The other mob

MisterC

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think this is a valid point.

Neil Lennon both in his first and second stint had a better win % than Rodgers. Postecoglu did too.

He had a brilliant first season, but his 2nd season they only finished on 82 points and the season he left 87.

Rodgers was good, but I do think it's exaggerated a bit how good he was, especially when you consider we put up little fight during his time.

I was talking about that fat pricks team not Rodgers side 

38 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I’m not sure you can say he’s a step down. Sure the fat man had them playing good football and winning trophies but I think he remains less proven as a manager as Rodgers who has managed in EPL and had previous success with them. 

Yeh depends how you weight their careers. Some people really rate managing in the EPL. Postecoglou was successful at 4 places before celtic but at a lower level which I think is as impressive. 

But reason I think it’s a step down at least short term is a) recruitment b) play style. They’re going to have to learn a new style again and Rodger’s did throw up an 82 point season and had 0 competition (I get he also had a great first season). With the style Postecoglou played it was hard to see them dropping any points outside of us.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Some laugh if he goes there and we win the first old firm and go ahead by a few points, they’ll start shiteing the bed again

That’s it, if Postecoglou started next season badly he’d have a lot more leeway. The knives will be out for Rodgers more than any other appointment. He fails here too and he’s finished.

47 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think this is a valid point.

Neil Lennon both in his first and second stint had a better win % than Rodgers. Postecoglu did too.

He had a brilliant first season, but his 2nd season they only finished on 82 points and the season he left 87.

Rodgers was good, but I do think it's exaggerated a bit how good he was, especially when you consider we put up little fight during his time.

Fuck me our points total this season wins both those titles, I think it points more to the standard just now being poorer, I remember Hearts beating them 4-0,that result just isn't out there these days, Hearts were a far better side back then than they are now

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Fuck me our points total this season wins both those titles, I think it points more to the standard just now being poorer, I remember Hearts beating them 4-0,that result just isn't out there these days, Hearts were a far better side back then than they are now

I’m not sure if they are, genuinely look at the starting line up for that game. Barring Lafferty, I’d argue most of the current day Hearts side get in ahead of them 

29 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I’m not sure if they are, genuinely look at the starting line up for that game. Barring Lafferty, I’d argue most of the current day Hearts side get in ahead of them 

You’d take Shankland over Lafferty, and it’s not even a question

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

That’s it, if Postecoglou started next season badly he’d have a lot more leeway. The knives will be out for Rodgers more than any other appointment. He fails here too and he’s finished.

It's mad to think if Gio had started better, Ange probably would have been sacked in the Feb. 

Just now, maverick1200 said:

It's mad to think if Gio had started better, Ange probably would have been sacked in the Feb. 

Gio started well with results, we fell apart when he tried to implement his own system. There was a point he had the same away record as Pedro.

8 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Gio started well with results, we fell apart when he tried to implement his own system. There was a point he had the same away record as Pedro.

Was it not the enforced early break the bheasts lead that fucked it.

30 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Gio actually won his first 9 games in the league(away to Hearts, Hibs and Livi)… Then drew 2 in January and lost to celtic at the start of Feb… from there the wheels just fell off. Gerrard had 3 draws and a defeat to Dundee Utd in the 11 games he managed that season.

How bad celtic were and what happened with Gio kinda masks how shite our own start to the season was. We were our own worst enemy for the entire duration of the 21/22 league season. It just went from bad to worse really.