*****Official Hearts vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

39 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

A quick breakfast then off to Tynecastle. Hopefully a good win but in reality I think it will be a struggle.

I have that feeling as well - if we win, it will be great for our moral & hopefully we kick on from there.

But if we lose, they will probably regain those 3 points they lost against ST Mirren, Gio will be closer to that door and we will be back to a "fuck sake mood "

20 minutes ago, SPWF said:

If we don’t batter these cunts, with a vastly improved performance and tempo, then it’s confirmation Gio has to go. We can go top with a win, albeit likely only temporarily, but if that’s not a big enough incentive for the players then I despair. 

Even when we have been flying we still needed to win ugly there at times so your first sentence is way off for me.

Three points, up the road, and no injuries and Gio gets pass marks from me for the day 

23 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

I have that feeling as well - if we win, it will be great for our moral & hopefully we kick on from there.

But if we lose, they will probably regain those 3 points they lost against ST Mirren, Gio will be closer to that door and we will be back to a "fuck sake mood "

Anything but a win and Gio is done in my eyes.

25 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Nervous. One of those games that feels like an opportunity to really kick start the season, that we routinely make an arse of.

In Gerrard’s first few seasons this was always the type of occasion where our arses collapsed.

If we can’t go there and get 3 points and go top, Gio is fucked IMO. 

I think we will get a slim win. It's usually hard work up their and they give their all.

We will win and hopefully go on a good run and put some pressure on the filth. They don't cope well with pressure in the league on top of midweek European games.

1-2. Tav and Colak to score. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

In Gerrard’s first few seasons this was always the type of occasion where our arses collapsed.

If we can’t go there and get 3 points and go top, Gio is fucked IMO. 

Sounds dramatic to read too much into one of our toughest away games, but letting them off the hook 1 game after their defeat has all the hallmarks of runners up.

Hopefully it won't turn out that way. I really have no feeling on what side will turn up, or even what Gio's line up is going to be.

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

If we don’t batter these cunts, with a vastly improved performance and tempo, then it’s confirmation Gio has to go. We can go top with a win, albeit likely only temporarily, but if that’s not a big enough incentive for the players then I despair. 

its all about the tempo and how we approach the game for me. if it's the same boring approach then im with you. Gio can do one. 

7 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

3-5-2

Drop Kent 

I don't disagree but I don't think he will do that. I think he will do a 4-2-3-1 with Kent and Morelos part of the three Morelos on the right.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Gio has basically laughed at people when they’ve asked if he’d ever play the two together. It’s not going to happen. 

You may be right and it may just be wishful thinking on my part.

After the International games it is good to get back to league games.

I just have no idea what to expect from the team today, we never seem to do well after having a break and the pressure is on to get the 3 points, the players need to step up no matter who Gio picks.

Let's hope we can do this today. 🤞🤞