*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

Starting XI we will learn an hour before kick off. I have no idea what Gio will do and so I must just leave it up him as I don't expect a call from him asking for my advice.

If we score first then we may just get 1 or 3 points from this tie. However we might get hammered. No bet from me on the outcome as it's too hard to call.

McGregor

Tav.       Goldson.      Davies.     Borna. 

Lundstram.        Jack.     

Kent.                Tillman.                 Matondo.  

Alfie 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'd rather have somebody that doesn't turn as slow as the titanic as our number 10. Dress that up any way you want. He'd be the clear weak link in our midfield and would get picked apart. 

I can see the debate over whether Tillman should start or not. But slow? Not sure where this comes from?

I would be delighted if we avoided embarrassing ourselves if I’m honest.

I just don’t think the team has it in them to make a mark in Europe this season.

We are a shadow of the side that beat Dortmund away.

We are far to weak & slow without the Nigerian princes in the team.

Id love Gio & the players to prove me wrong but even if they play their absolute best I just don’t think our players have the attributes to get anything at this level.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

McGregor

Tav.       Goldson.      Davies.     Borna. 

Lundstram.        Jack.     

Kent.                Tillman.                 Matondo.  

Alfie 

You and your bloody Matondo!

At least you are one of only a few who pick an attacking team.

24 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Two attacking players out of eleven though, really? That’s a lineup that’s going to get pelted for the full game. Would you not want even Matondo as an extra out ball on the right or a number 10 even if it’s only down to Arfield and Tillman now.

We are getting pelted the full game anyway. There’s a case for Matondo coming on as an out ball but we are going to see little of the ball 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You and your bloody Matondo!

At least you are one of only a few who pick an attacking team.

Thought he was no bad the other day. They play a high line. Pace in behind them could be vital but aye ultimately want us to just have a go. If there was an alternative to Matondo who wasn't Scott Wright I'd be all ears but.

Would like us to set up the way we did against Dortmund away, for whatever reason Gio seems to be lightyears away from willingly setting us up like that. 

It’ll be an interesting game. If we can hold our own and take a bit of dig and fight to them in the first 20 minutes I’d be happy. I’d hate for us to sit back and invite wave after wave of pressure, it’s clearly not worked for us in the past, bar RB Leipzig away. 

32 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I would be delighted if we avoided embarrassing ourselves if I’m honest.

I just don’t think the team has it in them to make a mark in Europe this season.

We are a shadow of the side that beat Dortmund away.

We are far to weak & slow without the Nigerian princes in the team.

Id love Gio & the players to prove me wrong but even if they play their absolute best I just don’t think our players have the attributes to get anything at this level.

Physically and athletically we are miles ofc it.

59 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If it turns out to be that then I will feel gio is actually copying my suggestions at this stage because it’s about the third time this season it’ll have happened :lol:

I hope you didn't prompt Gio to play the team that took the field at the piggery.  :confused9:

29 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Thought he was no bad the other day. They play a high line. Pace in behind them could be vital but aye ultimately want us to just have a go. If there was an alternative to Matondo who wasn't Scott Wright I'd be all ears but.

Sakala? Not blessed there, are we. Its only been a problem for 4 or 5 year.

46 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We are getting pelted the full game anyway. There’s a case for Matondo coming on as an out ball but we are going to see little of the ball 

How about you shut up and you and @TamCoopz can wank each other off and talk about one legs and golf, you know because you’re both wee virgin gimps?

53 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I can see the debate over whether Tillman should start or not. But slow? Not sure where this comes from?

Comes from watching him mate. I dunno how the fuck you could come to any other conclusion after watching him. 

He turns at a snails pace and holds on to the ball far too long. Tonight he'll get absolutely no time on the ball, like Ajax away where we'd have been as well starting with 10 men. 

27 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Sakala? Not blessed there, are we. Its only been a problem for 4 or 5 year.

Aye it's been a problem area. I don't dislike Sakala as much as most but he's also very limited. We seem to try bringing in fast players with nothing else. Hate saying it but an Abada or a Jota would run riot for us. 

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Comes from watching him mate. I dunno how the fuck you could come to any other conclusion after watching him. 

He turns at a snails pace and holds on to the ball far too long. Tonight he'll get absolutely no time on the ball, like Ajax away where we'd have been as well starting with 10 men. 

It's no all about pace, especially in a number ten/supporting role. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye it's been a problem area. I don't dislike Sakala as much as most but he's also very limited. We seem to try bringing in fast players with nothing else. Hate saying it but an Abada or a Jota would run riot for us. 

Aye but they're a pair of pricks. Sakala loyal :UK: