Mcgregor

GOAT

At the moment we are just in the unfortunate position of not being able to replace a No1 by signing an out and out No1 for a decent fee from abroad or whatever.

We can't just chuck McCrorie in ffs, that would be proper bat shit. And I for one would rather McGregor over McLaughlin for this season.

We are clearly hoping, and it's a massive amount of hope, that McGregor can carry us for one more season. 

It's a terrible situation as he clearly looks frail and I hate to see it but it is what it is.

We could all see last season mcgregor was on the slide. 

Those in charge should have said thanks for the service but it's time to move on. 

Instead we banked on McLaughlin being no 1 and went back to mcgregor when it backfired. 

We simply have to have a reliable no 1. It's just a question do we move in January or the summer.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We could all see last season mcgregor was on the slide. 

Those in charge should have said thanks for the service but it's time to move on. 

Instead we banked on McLaughlin being no 1 and went back to mcgregor when it backfired. 

We simply have to have a reliable no 1. It's just a question do we move in January or the summer.

If we wait until the summer then we need to accept we'll drop more points. 

7 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Why is that? 

The 2 big pressure games he was required to play in he passed with flying colours. As it stands he can't be much worse and I don't want to get to the point where everyone is forgetting how good a GK McGregor is/was. 

Two words. Mental fatigue. It would probably kick in after a few games and no one wants that. 

Aye, in at the deep end stuff might work, and I'd love it to.

Bit risky for me though mate.

3 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Two words. Mental fatigue. It would probably kick in after a few games and no one wants that. 

Aye, in at the deep end stuff might work, and I'd love it to.

Bit risky for me though mate.

I don't see any risk. McGregor is horrific. 

Even if McCrorie is bad, he's no worse than what we've already got and at least at 24 he can improve whereas McGregor will only get worse.

6 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

At the moment we are just in the unfortunate position of not being able to replace a No1 by signing an out and out No1 for a decent fee from abroad or whatever.

We can't just chuck McCrorie in ffs, that would be proper bat shit. And I for one would rather McGregor over McLaughlin for this season.

We are clearly hoping, and it's a massive amount of hope, that McGregor can carry us for one more season. 

It's a terrible situation as he clearly looks frail and I hate to see it but it is what it is.

Why? He's nearly 25, has made over 100 career appearances and has been in national squads. He's not an 18 year old playing in the b team.

2 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

We don't have a massive amount of money for signings, so to me it makes sense to see if McCrorie can step up.

If he can that's money that can be used elsewhere.

See I think if McCrorie was going to step up he would have done it by now. 

He’s not a kid anymore and the jersey has been there for the taking this season.

He should be the cup keeper though. Crazy that a 35 year old McLaughlin is when McCrorie is at an age where he needs games so we can decide either way.

It’s a bigger gamble keeping McGregor in than McCrorie.

Flip a coin each game to whether he gives a goal away.

McCrorie doesn’t even need to perform to a particularly high level to be worth it. Just do the basics and it will be an improvement.

McGregor gives me the fear if he’s playing against celtic. They’ll be targeting those balls in behind knowing he can’t come for them

Had a Google for some stats on goalkeeping in the SPFL. The stats back up exactly what we're seeing on the park so I'm certain that is an area that the club are well aware that they need to address. As a club we have the lowest save percentage in the league which is absolutely shocking. Looking at individual keepers McLaughlin's stats are worse than McGregor's although still clearly far too low down that list. 

Screenshot_20221222_130552_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d2681a64fd5035e48f93d61d9fed3e94.jpg

Screenshot_20221222_130804_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6fc6e54ed6a7a0e7da6e0ff635dee719.jpg

20 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Why on earth can’t we ‘chuck’ McCrorie in.

Not as if he’s an 18 year old rookie, he’s 24 ffs

If he’s not good enough now he’s never likely to be and that’s taking into account keepers can be late developers.

If reports about teams down south sniffing around then he’s got something about him.

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

See I think if McCrorie was going to step up he would have done it by now. 

He’s not a kid anymore and the jersey has been there for the taking this season.

He should be the cup keeper though. Crazy that a 35 year old McLaughlin is when McCrorie is at an age where he needs games so we can decide either way.

I don't feel he got a lot of chances to be honest. When he played really well against the scum at home, he should've had a run of games to see if he can be our n°1 one day, that never really happened. 

We are not at the training ground, maybe he doesn't take his chance but I don't feel it's enough to write him off.

44 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Why on earth can’t we ‘chuck’ McCrorie in.

Not as if he’s an 18 year old rookie, he’s 24 ffs

If he’s not good enough now he’s never likely to be and that’s taking into account keepers can be late developers.

If reports about teams down south sniffing around then he’s got something about him.

I just think if he was good enough he would be playing by now. 

6 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

If it wasn't for all the injuries we've had to defenders, then he might well have been given the gloves earlier.

However given the number of forced changes in defence the managers possibly thought it would be unwise not to make unforced ones.

However the time has come to roll the dice. Especialy as Goldson is now back.

12 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I think there’s always a point when it’s your time. As we gave him a new contract, I’d sincerely hope that at 24 he’s ready.

What I would say is it’s better to bring him in when we have a settled defence, playing well.

Im 99% sure Beale will stick with McGregor though.

23 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I joked yesterday that if you take a shot at McGregor you've got a 50% chance to score, mad that it's actually true.

image.thumb.png.3e321cf2caf34eb4c80c36d193290828.png

During 55 season I think his save rate was 85%. Only Martinez had a comparable save rate in the top European leagues.

Then it had dropped to 66% last season. And now mid 50s.

Worrying and predictable decline given his age. But surely now it’s a no brainer to make the switch to McCrorie