Mcgregor

GOAT

• 2 weeks later...

McGregor was a great keeper and a good Rangers (but the comments he made in 2012 when he left are airbrushed).  that aside he like Steve Davis WAS a very good player and was one of the best keepers we've had.  He was atrocious in many games last season and definitely cost us points so very possibly a league title. I'd have released him at the end of last season.  We probably didn't because we had no money to sign a replacement - why we have no money is another question.  I have never rated McLauchlin always felt he was nothing more than a journeyman SPFL keeper.  We needed to sign a new keeper a central midfielder a right winger/right midfielder and a striker. 

The signings of Lawrence, Davies and Colak look decent but the others were wasted cash. 

5 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Sat down on his arse for the second time in 4 days, last night's goal was even worse than Saturday. Pathetic.

Wasn't the biggest problem but another reminder of a complete and total failure in recruitment. 

What goal you blaming him for the first I assume?

If so a bit harsh as he is totally unsighted by King.....I'm not even sure if the finish was meant but I'm not sure even if he wasn't unsighted that he could have got it....you obviously think he goes down to easy but that is a split second from being blinded to the ball nestling in the net

3 hours ago, bob1873 said:

McGregor was a great keeper and a good Rangers (but the comments he made in 2012 when he left are airbrushed).  that aside he like Steve Davis WAS a very good player and was one of the best keepers we've had.  He was atrocious in many games last season and definitely cost us points so very possibly a league title. I'd have released him at the end of last season.  We probably didn't because we had no money to sign a replacement - why we have no money is another question.  I have never rated McLauchlin always felt he was nothing more than a journeyman SPFL keeper.  We needed to sign a new keeper a central midfielder a right winger/right midfielder and a striker. 

The signings of Lawrence, Davies and Colak look decent but the others were wasted cash. 

What were McGregors comments in 2012? I’ve heard McGregor was one of the players who was very annoyed with how everything played out

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

What were McGregors comments in 2012? I’ve heard McGregor was one of the players who was very annoyed with how everything played out

The only thing I remember was him spending his nights on Twitter arguing with people about how the truth will come out

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Did he not say we were liquidated when he done an interview after signing for Besikitas?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

The only thing I remember was him spending his nights on Twitter arguing with people about how the truth will come out

I’ve just googled it and all I can find are articles about him saying he doesn’t want to leave and wants the best for the club.

I will admit I had a dislike for him for quite awhile after he left and didn’t want him back, but since he’s came back I’ve heard a lot about how he never wanted to leave 

11 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What goal you blaming him for the first I assume?

If so a bit harsh as he is totally unsighted by King.....I'm not even sure if the finish was meant but I'm not sure even if he wasn't unsighted that he could have got it....you obviously think he goes down to easy but that is a split second from being blinded to the ball nestling in the net

I still haven’t a clue what king was doing.

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

8D251CC2-D9E9-4DE8-8F29-27CE5C9CBCD2.jpeg

Tbf I can’t really hold that against him. When you Google stuff from around that time it was literally plastered everywhere that we were liquidated.

Its the Naismith and Whittaker interview I’ll never be able to forgive. They just banged on about owing no loyalty to the club, despite Naismith laying on our treatment table earning a wage half the time he was here