Leon King

ElBufalo20

I was concerned we had him 4th choice CH with no intention of playing him.

He's since played and looks an outstanding talent. 

Hopefully more clubs become interested, and when he and Rangers decide its time for him to go South then we maximise his transfer value. 

Ie, a successful trading model.

16 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Deemed a wonderful prospect yet we sign players like Souttar and only play King sporadically. We got a good few for Patterson because we played him, same with Bassey. They got good fee for Tierney etc as he played. If we rate him he needs to be playing. Otherwise he will go and we won’t get much.  

It's always puzzled me why young players from the academy / B Team don't get played more. We bring in players of a similar age for big fees or expensive loans but don't seem to trust our own home grown prospects.

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

It's always puzzled me why young players from the academy / B Team don't get played more. We bring in players of a similar age for big fees or expensive loans but don't seem to trust our own home grown prospects.

It’s the 15 minutes at the end of games that we’re comfortable in that frustrate me. I get we want to keep players fit but it’s a perfect opportunity 

Difficult situation for King to come into, but I’ve not been impressed with him at all this season.

Some awful moments in the league cup, powderpuff against Dundee Utd, gave away a pen at Anfield and was really awful last night.

Young boy and well thought of apparently, but not seeing it. 

20 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

A manager with anything about him would’ve went to a back 3 when Goldson went off. To try cover Goldsons loss with an extra centre half.

Agree in principle but the reality is it would involve Sands coming into 3rd CH or him going into midfield and Lundstram moving there.

Neither option is one that imo would have strengthened us. 

20 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Maybe last night's performance should be a reminder to everyone in future when they are so quick to proclaim young players as destined for greatness. He wasn't at fault for the loss, but he was so far out his depth it was hard to watch.

Yes i would agree, but i also think with 20 to 30 first team starts he will grow into a a solid CB.

That last night is quite literally the best forward line he is ever likely to face.....unless we come back next year and face Man City!