***** The Official Napoli v Rangers Champions League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Maybe but Sparkle he's a man down in general play outside the SPFL. Limited ability to hold it up and for a relatively tall guy he's not particularly strong.

He was on for about half an hour and I think touched the ball less than 5 times. Won no free kicks. Misplaced a pass in our half that led to a chance for them.

As soon as Arfield and Colak came on our foothold in the game went.

That is a big problem with Colak. He was getting it tight at the start of the season until his goal spell arrived. The step(s) up in the CL has highlighted it all over again.

Having said that, Napoli are a special team. Lots of skill and a HUGE desire to win. They made all of our players look terrible, worse than they probably are even.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

And???

That quoting a season where we played a ridiculous amount of games has absolutely fuck all bearing on this season! If we’re needing 2 full rest days between games in November then we’re absolutely not being managed well. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's clearly tactics mate am no saying Kent can't do more but I think the are told stay wide Wright's is worse than Kents didn't really notice it during the game 

Wright's was worse I agree.

Think with Kent too there are defenders blocking the ball across so it would need to have been some ball to get anywhere near him but still he should be busting a gut to get there.

I think it's lack of fitness as much as desire, the players know they can't make lung busting runs for a <20% chance of getting the ball.

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye because not resting worked out brilliant at the end of the 2007/08 season eh?

The 2007-2008 team at least put in maximum effort and probably ran themselves into the ground during that tight run in to justify their need for rest 

They cunts tonight basically just had a stroll round a park in Italy

2 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

A big difference when you consider one was a team that had been challenging on two fronts at the end of a very successful season, the other is playing like a shower of shite every time it takes the park and is less than half way through the league season and out of Europe already! The fuckers clearly aren't as fit as Napoli were, nor Liverpool, nor Ajax.

It's not different at all but agree our fitness levels are shocking this season.

Also we're technically not out of Europe BTW.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

Did anyone expect us to get anything in this game? That performance was no worse than a Gers away trip in the 90s or through the 00s. The squad hasnt been refreshed and it's showing. Ross Wilson must go.

We might have gotten beat but it's the lack of effort and the fact that we really had nothing to lose and that spastic goes 5 at the back at 2-0 down.

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

King wouldn’t be playing if Goldson was fit, and rightly so. Lundstrum deserves to be dropped so either we play Davis, Kamara or take the opportunity to look to the future.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough. 

I already said that King is only playing through circumstances.

If Davis or Kamara started before Lundstram can you imagine what the match thread pre-match would look like? Kamara is a strange one though.

Good enough old enough. I agree but right now I'm not sure McCann is good enough though.

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

That quoting a season where we played a ridiculous amount of games has absolutely fuck all bearing on this season! If we’re needing 2 full rest days between games in November then we’re absolutely not being managed well. 

😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yilmaz was the only thing nearing a success.

Tillman was probably the best of a bad bunch then was taken off bizarrely. If only he could find. A rocket to put up his arse he might be a decent player.

Kent, Without miserable. Alfie canny hit a barn door. Lundstram annoyed me to fuck with that yellow card. Sands was pretty grim. 

That yellow was deliberate which is the most worrying part for me. Wasn’t in a dangerous position and knew exactly what the consequence of it would be vs Ajax

We did better in the 2nd half, no doubts. But we're miles behind teams like this.....financially and, more importantly, technical ability on the ball.

Our players seems to get their ability coached out of them, and in place, told where to ping balls in the hope that someone makes decent run, and the defenders miss the ball.

Counted numerous occasions first half where their midfielders had the ball, but facing their own goal. Rather than pass it back, they twisted and turned and beat our players. 

We have Sands who continually passed it backwards. Tav then pings a ball down the line to no one. 

The only player who looks good with the ball at their feet is Tillman, but he's slower than a week in the jail. Kent just runs around like a headless chicken. He can beat a man but he's no fuckin idea where he's going. 

We need a proper footballing coach, not someone who just tells the players where to ping the ball just in case.....

Turned it off when the second went in. First time in my puff I've ever done that. The documentary on Amazon Prime about the music of James Bond was a far more enjoyable watch.

Don't mind seeing us take a beating, but can't abide a lack of dig and desire. No way we've gone from Europa League finalists to that in so short a time. Major clear out needed. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I already said that King is only playing through circumstances.

If Davis or Kamara started before Lundstram can you imagine what the match thread pre-match would look like? Kamara is a strange one though.

Good enough old enough. I agree but right now I'm not sure McCann is good enough though.

Yes and I was agreeing with you re King.

How do you find out? Trust GVB to give him a chance only when he’s ready

22 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I  could point out numerous posts in the match thread if I could be arsed looking back, I can't but if you are so desperate for quotes then I suppose I eventually could if pushed. 

I think you've seen people praising Morelos and then different people slating Yilmaz defensively.

Will be surprised if you find posters who have done both.