Fall from grace for Kent and Morelos

plymouthranger

4 hours ago, Stonybridge said:

The management team lack the dynamic to communicate with the better players, it may be the injury situation is making it hard to be draconian but my fear is that Gio and team don’t have the courage to set boundaries. 

Apart from Gio binning morelos from the squad for the PSV away game, but it clearly doesnt have an affect given gerrard tried the same thing to morelos

Every Rangers manager who's worked with Morelos has had problems with him at some stage, his fitness issues are completely on him, you only need to look at him compared to the first half of 2019-20 when he was IMO the best player in the country to see how out of shape he actually is, only Alfie can get himself in the best shape he can possibly get into and until then he'll not do Rangers or himself any kind of justice.

On 28/10/2022 at 13:58, Stonybridge said:

The management team lack the dynamic to communicate with the better players, it may be the injury situation is making it hard to be draconian but my fear is that Gio and team don’t have the courage to set boundaries. 

He's a Champions League winner and World Cup finalist. Shut up FFS.

Kent just looks shorn of confidence and has done all season whether that’s because he knows he’s away or not is a tough one to gauge. I’d like him to stay.  Alfie is clearly the type of player who needs to play himself fit and the fitter he gets the better he gets. He’s recovered from the first serious injury of his career missed out on two finals etc again Id like him to stay, but he won’t stay as second choice striker.  

17 hours ago, Bourne2Win said:

If they are not going to sign extensions to their contract, then they need to be moved on in January. 

Agreed, provided any money we receive for their sales in january is immediately reinvested in the playing squad.

Truth is i can't see there being much interest in either unless their form dramatically improves. I'm sure Alfredo's temperament is the main reason he's not been snapped up by an EPL side, and Kent's lack of goals as part of a 3-man attack won't have clubs beating down our doors for his services either.

On 30/10/2022 at 09:46, .Williamson. said:

Kent was better yesterday, but most of the team were. 

He needs to stick to the basics and stop trying to do step overs to beat a man all the time. Just get the ball into the box.

We didn't lack crosses into the box when we were playing against Livingston so it's not just about getting the ball into the box. I think both want to stay but suspect that contract talks are not going as well as both players were hoping for and that's possibly affecting their performances, when both are on their game they are probably our 2 best players. 

Just seen a video 3 years ago we beat hearts in league cup semi. Kent and Morelos both electric in second have and combined for an exquisite goal. 

It's no wonder we are struggling when you see them and that quality to now. Helander scored the opener and Jack Kamara both on form. Tav borna etc it's a huge drop we have had.

I'll probably get slaughtered but the first half of that season was the best we have played in our return, better that 55 which was more controlled and defensively solid. Travesty how we folded in Jan.