Fall from grace for Kent and Morelos

plymouthranger

If Gio started Morelos every game. He’d probably find form again. But we don’t have that luxury-that’s what pre season is for.

I’d like to see Kent centrally. And I’m sure he’d be better playing with players like Lowry, Roofe, Hagi when they return. 

It's almost November and Morelos is still not fit to play 90 minutes, this tells you all you need to know about his desire to play for us. With Roofe now fit I would make him third choice. 

Kent on the other hand is fit and undoubtedly has talent but he is being picked on past performance rather than recent form. I would like to see him move central and play behind Colak or Roofe and give either Sakala or Matondo a run of games on the left.  His step over and cut inside has been sussed by all, but perhaps the option of going either way from a central position would make him more of a threat.

39 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

It's almost November and Morelos is still not fit to play 90 minutes, this tells you all you need to know about his desire to play for us. With Roofe now fit I would make him third choice. 

Kent on the other hand is fit and undoubtedly has talent but he is being picked on past performance rather than recent form. I would like to see him move central and play behind Colak or Roofe and give either Sakala or Matondo a run of games on the left.  His step over and cut inside has been sussed by all, but perhaps the option of going either way from a central position would make him more of a threat.

I’d like to see him central. His best attribute is his initial burst of speed and balance where he can stand up defenders 1-1. He’d probably win a load of fouls and would be hard to pick up. He’s pretty pish at getting to the bye line and fizzing in crosses.

Think he’s also the type of player that is pish around other pish players. Think he will be a lot better when we get 2-3 of our more creative/attacking/good ball players back in the team. 

Remember saying before pre season that both Kent and Morelos should have been told theirs your new contract I have 24 hours to sign if not both will be sold in the summer window.

Got absolutely slaughtered for it but I stand by what I said. 

Both should have been sold if they refused new contracts

34 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Remember saying before pre season that both Kent and Morelos should have been told theirs your new contract I have 24 hours to sign if not both will be sold in the summer window.

Got absolutely slaughtered for it but I stand by what I said. 

Both should have been sold if they refused new contracts

Allowing any player to run their contract down to a year is terrible management. They’re not stupid. They realise that any transfer fee accrues to the player at that point. Ie if a player is worth 10 million in transfer fee. If he is out of contract he can effectively demand that value in wages for himself. Really mental we allowed this to happen to 2 of our most sellable assets 

41 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I’d like to see him central. His best attribute is his initial burst of speed and balance where he can stand up defenders 1-1. He’d probably win a load of fouls and would be hard to pick up. He’s pretty pish at getting to the bye line and fizzing in crosses.

Think he’s also the type of player that is pish around other pish players. Think he will be a lot better when we get 2-3 of our more creative/attacking/good ball players back in the team. 

Thats just excuses for kent, everyone used to say under gerrard he was poor at times because he was coming inside and facing two men

Now under gio he's out wide and only facing the fullback, he's still shite and now its because he should be central

Bascially he's fucking chucked it and cant be arsed, doesnt matter where we play him now

7 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Neither of them has kicked their own arse domestically for 18 months, how much longer do we get behind them? 

That just isn't true.  Morelos was contributing well until his injury towards the end of last season.   Kent hasn't done much to be fair though.

Morelos was the source of any creativity against Napoli.  We aren't getting the best out of him due to an extremely poor manager.  

Ross Wilson should be hounded out for allowing Kent and Morelos to be into the last year of their contracts.  As much as I think we would be better keeping Morelos both he and Kent should have been either signed up or sold.   Actually in Kent's case definitely sold.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats just excuses for kent, everyone used to say under gerrard he was poor at times because he was coming inside and facing two men

Now under gio he's out wide and only facing the fullback, he's still shite and now its because he should be central

Bascially he's fucking chucked it and cant be arsed, doesnt matter where we play him now

Not saying he’s a world beater. But he’s a better play than Sakala, Matondo, Wright or Arfield on the wing. Not like he’s taking the place of someone with quality. So if we harbour any hopes of winning the league we need to get a tune out of him. 

As bad as he’s been he still has 5 assists and a goal in 9 games in the league. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Honestly felt like last season we could take on the world, and they were a big part of it.

Now they are absolutely awful. Can’t believe how much they’ve let their performances / attitude fall through the floor, Morelos in particular. 

Morelos has played 7 and a half hours of football since the end of March. 

He needs a run of games but given Colak's form and Gio's refusal to play both, this is unlikely to happen

He won't find form or sharpness sitting on the bench

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some agreement with them and Villa to join in January on the cheap prior to Gerrard getting bagged and now they are so out of touch finding it hard to get back up to speed - drop them completely from the first team and get shot of both in Jan anyway as they are a waste out there and just causing more anxiety in the support with their 'performances' which further reflects on the team on the pitch.

As said previously, Ridvan in place of Kent if not dropping Borna  - Roofe now understudy to Colak and only brought on when needed.

As an aside, actually thought Borna was ok when moved to CB last night. Better than I thought he'd be.