Fall from grace for Kent and Morelos

plymouthranger

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace for us, than these two right now? 

Mental to think 2-3 seasons ago they were our most valuable assets and looked destined to eventually secure moves to top clubs. Morelos in the autumn of 19/20 single handedly bulldozing his way through the likes of Porto, Feijenoord etc and Kent in 20/21 slaughtering teams with 28 goal contributions in 52 games. 

Can anyone think of a player so beloved whilst at us, who’s fallen this far from grace? I think your going back to Gascoigne (in very different circumstances), unless anyone can think of anything otherwise? 

For all parties involved, this needs to be the end of the road for these two…

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace for us, than these two right now? 

Mental to think 2-3 seasons ago they were our most valuable assets and looked destined to eventually secure moves to top clubs. Morelos in the autumn of 19/20 single handedly bulldozing his way through the likes of Porto, Feijenoord etc and Kent in 20/21 slaughtering teams with 28 goal contributions in 52 games. 

Can anyone think of a player so beloved whilst at us, who’s fallen this far from grace? I think your going back to Gascoigne (in very different circumstances), unless anyone can think of anything otherwise? 

For all parties involved, this needs to be the end of the road for these two…

I would have argued last season that Kent was still the best player in Scotland on his day. I have been waiting in hope that they both sign extensions... but now I'm in the same boat as you - has to be the end of the road. 

13 minutes ago, MillarNotMiller said:

I would have argued last season that Kent was still the best player in Scotland on his day. I have been waiting in hope that they both sign extensions... but now I'm in the same boat as you - has to be the end of the road. 

Not sure I can agree with that point. 

For comparison, domestically last season Kent scored 2 goals in the league. He was out scored by the likes of Nicky Clark, Andy Halliday, Danny Mullen, Luke McCowan and many many others. 

Considering he plays for us and the equivalent players for them (Abada, Kyogo, Jota) all scored 3-4x more goals than him, I think it’s safe to say Kent was nowhere near the best player in the league. There were players for Dundee and Ross County who produced more than him…

Hopefully they both go in Jan for some fee. I dont see them improving, and i think the league will be gone by January anyways. Hopefully someone is stupid enough to give us 5m for Kamara as well. And to think that two months ago we were full of hope for the season, especially with the CL football. Gio and Wilson have absolutely fucked up everything. 

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Kent is a 10 being played wide and GVB decided to pick a fight with morelos over something that could've been kept in house. 

GVB hasn't a clue and his man management is horrendous 

Kent would be awful centrally in my opinion. He’d just run into trouble 

Kent was very good in 55 season. 13 goals, 9 assists and a few penalty wins is about as good a return as we’ve had in a winger for some time. 

But like many others he’s gone backwards. Our absolutely chronic midfield doesn’t help.

Morelos needs to play every week. He’s not naturally got that ball control/finishing ability. So he’s useless playing a bit part role.

Scary thing is the total vacuum in attacking quality without them. With the exception of Lowry. Colak, Tillman, Matondo, Wright, Arfield, Davis are sadly miles off what Morelos and Kent were at their best.

1 minute ago, NitshillBear said:

Players are out of form FFS. Stop pishing your pants and get behind them.

Neither of them has kicked their own arse domestically for 18 months, how much longer do we get behind them?