Leon King take a bow

Vision

11 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Thing is it’s not even necessarily the physical aspect. Teams aren’t just bullying him 

Agree, it’s always been & always will be a position that requires experience and/or an unusually high level of ability if you’re a teenager. 

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

But the thing is he isn’t doing well,you can’t use his age as an excuse for his awful performances lately.

I get what you’re saying, he’s made a lot of errors that have led to chances and goals.

But I think most are positional errors that in time he’ll improve on.

For large parts of games he does exceptional things particularly for his age, as a player the ingredients are definitely there.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I get what you’re saying, he’s made a lot of errors that have led to chances and goals.

For large parts of games he does exceptional things particularly for his age, as a player the ingredients are definitely there.

Really not seeing that.

Standard defending and a few slide tackles, offset with some howling defending. Hate to put the guy down, but there’s been fuck all that’s exceptional from him.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Really not seeing that.

Standard defending and a few slide tackles, offset with some howling defending. Hate to put the guy down, but there’s been fuck all that’s exceptional from him.

To be fair, he’s put in some cracking challenges and has done ok in parts of games. That being said, i’m not even sure he’s a really a centre half. His positioning can be miles off and he makes really basic errors in areas that even a 19 year old shouldnt. 
Its a bit soon to be writing the boy off, but you look at someone like Porteous…unpopular I know, but at his age he was miles better than King. 

He's been hung out to dry, thrown in a flailing side with no consistent partner. That kind iof grounding can ruin a young player forever.

On the other hand I haven't seen anything at all to suggest he will make it. Doesn't appear to be any part of the game he excels at.

I didnt/don't rate Patterson though and he brought in a nice fee, so I'm accepting of the fact I could be wrong.

15 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Any examples of these ‘exceptional’ things he’s doing?

13 hours ago, WWTC said:

To be fair, he’s put in some cracking challenges and has done ok in parts of games. That being said, i’m not even sure he’s a really a centre half. His positioning can be miles off and he makes really basic errors in areas that even a 19 year old shouldnt. 
Its a bit soon to be writing the boy off, but you look at someone like Porteous…unpopular I know, but at his age he was miles better than King. 

That's bollocks mate

Hibs "kid" Porteous will be 24 in March and has spent much of his career undermining his own talent by acting like a bellend thug (on and off the pitch) and thus being a liability

He's only just starting to show signs he may be able to concentrate on his game but still gets involved in diving/cheating and reckless challenges most weeks. An infuriating cunt who lacks discipline and professionalism if your his manager

At the same age as Leon King (18 turning 19) he made 10  appearances - 6 league (3 starts) 1 Challenge Cup and 3 League Cup group for Hibs

Leon has played 18 already including 6 CL and 9 SPFL

How you can deduce that Porteous was miles ahead of King at the same age from that is mystifying

14 hours ago, WWTC said:

Porteous at 18 was nearly always an unused sub and then had an injury that kept him out for a lengthy period of time

2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

That's bollocks mate

Hibs "kid" Porteous will be 24 in March and has spent much of his career undermining his own talent by acting like a bellend thug (on and off the pitch) and thus being a liability

He's only just starting to show signs he may be able to concentrate on his game but still gets involved in diving/cheating and reckless challenges most weeks. An infuriating cunt who lacks discipline and professionalism if your his manager

At the same age as Leon King (18 turning 19) he made 10  appearances - 6 league (3 starts) 1 Challenge Cup and 3 League Cup group for Hibs

Leon has played 18 already including 6 CL and 9 SPFL

How you can deduce that Porteous was miles ahead of King at the same age from that is mystifying

Hold on a minute mate, i’m not suggesting he wont be better than him when he’s 24, and i’m not saying he’s a great player now or anything like that. All i meant that at 19 Porteous for me looked like a decent player. He was (overly at times ofcourse) aggressive and was decent on the ball, whilst playing for not a particularly great Hibs team. For me, at 19, he looked a better player. Kings being played based on necessity, and nothing more.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Porteous at 18 was nearly always an unused sub and then had an injury that kept him out for a lengthy period of time

He’s probably not the best example, although he was always highly thought of and when he played you could see there was something there, but my point is sort of being lost amongst the detail. I know he’s young, i know he’s being chucked in at the deep end and i know he’s played x amount of spl and champions league games. He’s been compared by some to Patterson in terms of ability and potential fee’s and for me thats baffling. As early as it is in his career, do i think he’ll go on to be regular cb at us? Not a chance.

8 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Hold on a minute mate, i’m not suggesting he wont be better than him when he’s 24, and i’m not saying he’s a great player now or anything like that. All i meant that at 19 Porteous for me looked like a decent player. He was (overly at times ofcourse) aggressive and was decent on the ball, whilst playing for not a particularly great Hibs team. For me, at 19, he looked a better player. Kings being played based on necessity, and nothing more.

King's still 18, he'll be 19 in January

The season that Porteous was 18 (19 in March) by this point of the season he had played 

1 challenge  cup v Elgin

3 League cup v Montrose, Arbroath and Ayr U

85 minutes across 3 SPFL games

He then didn't play again until the end of Jan (10 mins v Motherwell) and 2 full games v us and Kilmarnock in Feb

That was his total for the season at the same age as King is now

I don't know how many of these games you attended (wouldn't imagine many were on tv) but you stated that he was miles ahead of King at the same age

I was simply pointing out that this was bollocks and I'd guess, other than possibly v us, you almost certainly had never seen him play

53 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

King's still 18, he'll be 19 in January

The season that Porteous was 18 (19 in March) by this point of the season he had played 

1 challenge  cup v Elgin

3 League cup v Montrose, Arbroath and Ayr U

85 minutes across 3 SPFL games

He then didn't play again until the end of Jan (10 mins v Motherwell) and 2 full games v us and Kilmarnock in Feb

That was his total for the season at the same age as King is now

I don't know how many of these games you attended (wouldn't imagine many were on tv) but you stated that he was miles ahead of King at the same age

I was simply pointing out that this was bollocks and I'd guess, other than possibly v us, you almost certainly had never seen him play

We’re not splittinh hairs over 3months mate, and as ive said in a previous post perhaps Porteous isnt the best example. But even at a young age he was in around the hibs side through ability, and was a regular for scotland u21’s. We’re not getting away from the fact King looks, at the moment, average at best. Do you see him being a regular in the Rangers line up in the near future? When we have a full strength defence you think King, so far, looks like he’s got the ability to be a mainstay?

Patterson looked ready for the first team and didnt look out of place. I cant say the same about King. 

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

We’re not splittinh hairs over 3months mate, and as ive said in a previous post perhaps Porteous isnt the best example. But even at a young age he was in around the hibs side through ability, and was a regular for scotland u21’s. We’re not getting away from the fact King looks, at the moment, average at best. Do you see him being a regular in the Rangers line up in the near future? When we have a full strength defence you think King, so far, looks like he’s got the ability to be a mainstay?

Patterson looked ready for the first team and didnt look out of place. I cant say the same about King. 

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm drawing a direct comparison when they were 18 turning 19 which is what you believed you were doing when you said Porteous was "miles ahead at the same age"

That's clearly bollocks 

I think the plan for King this season would have been to play League Cup and Scottish Cup early rounds and bleed him into league games when opportunities arose playing beside Goldson or Davies who could talk him through the game and help him develop

I doubt the plan was to throw him into CL group stage games, in one of the toughest groups, against some of Europe's top attackers who regularly make experienced international defenders look "average at best", beside different partners who he hadn't played alongside and expect him to look "above average"

It's extremely rare for a very young CB to become a mainstay in a team expected to win every week and compete in Europe, CB being a position where experience is often crucial so I don't expect him to stay in the side when/if Souttar, Goldson, Davies, Helander are all fit. The last few weeks have been unprecedented in terms of injuries and I'd like to think he will be taken out and protected at the earliest opportunity

Long term he is very highly rated by many in the game and has every opportunity to forge a successful career. He also appears to have a great attitude and temperament so I'm hopeful he will push on, I'll not write him off just yet

2 hours ago, WWTC said:

That’s it for me. King does. Just isn’t ready yet. 

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm drawing a direct comparison when they were 18 turning 19 which is what you believed you were doing when you said Porteous was "miles ahead at the same age"

That's clearly bollocks 

I think the plan for King this season would have been to play League Cup and Scottish Cup early rounds and bleed him into league games when opportunities arose playing beside Goldson or Davies who could talk him through the game and help him develop

I doubt the plan was to throw him into CL group stage games, in one of the toughest groups, against some of Europe's top attackers who regularly make experienced international defenders look "average at best", beside different partners who he hadn't played alongside and expect him to look "above average"

It's extremely rare for a very young CB to become a mainstay in a team expected to win every week and compete in Europe, CB being a position where experience is often crucial so I don't expect him to stay in the side when/if Souttar, Goldson, Davies, Helander are all fit. The last few weeks have been unprecedented in terms of injuries and I'd like to think he will be taken out and protected at the earliest opportunity

Long term he is very highly rated by many in the game and has every opportunity to forge a successful career. He also appears to have a great attitude and temperament so I'm hopeful he will push on, I'll not write him off just yet

Clearly Leon Kings Da. 

You’re gettin bogged down with the “same age” part a bit too much now. Porteous at 19 was Scotland u21’s first pick CB. Do you think Kings good enough for that soon? 

Long term he’s very highly rated in the game? By who? His agent? 

I’ll ask again, long term does King look like hold down a place at CB in your Rangers team?

take the champions league out of it, he’s hardly been a standout in the spl either has he?

18 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Clearly Leon Kings Da. 

You’re gettin bogged down with the “same age” part a bit too much now. Porteous at 19 was Scotland u21’s first pick CB. Do you think Kings good enough for that soon? 

Long term he’s very highly rated in the game? By who? His agent? 

I’ll ask again, long term does King look like hold down a place at CB in your Rangers team?

take the champions league out of it, he’s hardly been a standout in the spl either has he?

Who is ahead of him at Scotland U-21? :lol:

Stop making up absolute shite.