Leon King take a bow

Vision

2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Make or break for an 18 year old playing alongside a 22 year old CDM at CL level??

He's an excellent prospect who wouldn't be playing at all if Goldson, Hellander, Souttar and Davies weren't all injured, far less being thrown in next to an inexperienced player playing out of position.

He needs support and encouragement, not thrown to the wolves

He's levels above McCrorie

Aye he is a good prospect, no doubting that & likely wouldn't be playing but people have been screaming for Lowry & to a lesser  extent McCann for months, if a players good enough it shouldn't matter, especially up here.

He'll either show enough & be a starting CB for the new manager, whenever the board pull the trigger with Gio or he'll go back to sitting on the bench 

He's a young lad thrown into the deep end in a campaign where our senior players have been AWOL and we've been humiliated in every game we've played. 

I'm more worried about the impact this experience may have on his development than I am about sticking the boot into him for any of this.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sands was playing the ‘Bassey’ role of stepping into midfield to try help press.

King was to stay back, like Goldson did.

3 or 4 times in the first half Sands stepped in to drive up but only option that opened was a square pass to Davis that then went directly back to King or via Barisic to King, rinse and repeat.

Biggest problem area to me, is the midfield personnel and how it’s set up but that was evident under Gerrard, it’s just deteriorated further.

Whether GvB is to be retained or otherwise, we need to bring in at least one midfielder with pace and athleticism in January, we should also be going to Lowry and McCann rather than Arfield and Davis.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, thrown in at the deepest of deep ends.

Teams a shambles all over the park, and we’re brutally exposed at CL level. Was at the game so didn’t see Ally going in on him, which I think is a bit harsh. 

Hopefully he comes good, but the biggest red flag was his inability to deal with Dundee Utd & Aberdeen level strikers. 

He got turned inside out at the Aberdeen goal which obviously wasn't great but after that if we're being fair to the boy he really came on to a game and dealt with everything really well. The slide tackle near the halfway line which I think was near the end of the first half was brilliant and timed to perfection. 

I can’t remember if it was his first or second stint at us but I remember Craig Moore being man handled by advocaat at the side of the park. The same Craig Moore eventually became our captain and rock at the back. Give king a chance ffs. It’s not his fault he’s up against these world class players this early in his Rangers career. 

26 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Sorry to say but this fella won't make it at us. Not his fault, been absolutely thrown in. But miles off it.

That’s a ridiculous thing to say

Calvin Bassey couldn’t jump for a header in Prague and had far more exposure to senior football, he was hopeless

The rest is history

You cannot say Leon King won’t make it based on his appearances this season that’s so reactionary it’s not even funny

If Davies is fit then play 3 at the back till the break , Tav at right back is causing the two man defence to be isolated and under pressure too often , play Tav right mid or not at all ,he's costing us too much defensively.That would help King  in the short term it's too much to ask King and Sands to repel the quick counters caused by our style of play at the moment.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The Wee man will come good 18yr old playing against Europe's very best I get the scatter gun is out but to write him off is absolutely wild. 

Agreed , two young defenders exposed by our porous midfield and AWOL right back too often. Horrible to turn on an 18 year old ,better to turn on Wilson and his recruitment.

3 minutes ago, mark1963 said:

Agreed , two young defenders exposed by our porous midfield and AWOL right back too often. Horrible to turn on an 18 year old ,better to turn on Wilson and his recruitment.

I just hope he can take the positives from a horrible situation and no let it ruin him completely. We all remember watching bassey in Prague and look how that's turned out

Maurice Ross, Bob Malcolm, Alan Hutton and even Barry Ferguson comes to mind. We aren’t the most patient of fan base when it comes to giving young guys a chance to develop without screaming at their every mistake.

The guy has shown some promise - has had a brutal set of results but at least he’s pulling up the socks and giving his best. Invaluable experience playing against some of the best and will only aid his development in looking back at where the mistakes were made. The full backs offer very little cover & he was getting drawn out of position trying to plug the gaps.

Far too early to be saying he's not going to make it with us, but at the same time he'll need to take it on the chin along with the rest of them, the boy has plenty time to become the player we all hope, the first goal looked really bad but I'm sure we won't see anything like that again from him.