Things that are doing my nut in

KeyserSoze

We have for as long as I can remember been the worst team in the world at taking throw ins 

Our insistence on having our full backs (neither of them that great at throw ins) taking them is baffling. A quick throw will always be the way forward 

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from our horrible application to the game of football here’s stuff that does my tits in

Out swinging corners 

It’s a very difficult technique to header a ball goal-wards from an out swinging corner. Why do we insist on this. Tav on the right Borna on the left. 

Throw in’s 

Numerous times (for a long time) Tav and Borna take our throw ins - I watched Tillman last night being told not to throw it in as he would take it. Is nobody else capable?

Free kicks, same two, Borna and Tav - usually Tav - is there nobody else that can take a fee kick?

How many times have we had two balls on the pitch? Slowing the game up  - get them ball boys told ffs  

All this stuff leads to “waiting” - waiting on Borna, waiting on Tav slowing everything down

it’s as if the majority of our players are so fucking robotic no cunt can think of a different “in game” decision that would benefit us. 

it’s ripping my fucking knitting 

I can’t disagree with any of this. Only time the throw ins/free kicks should apply is when we are under the cosh and holding onto a lead. 

50 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Those stats wont include reasoning like how the defending team set up; teams set up for zonal marking are more vulnerable to out than in for example. Or if Tav, for example, takes an inswinging corner we have a right back as far out position as probably possible. 
They probably will only include direct goals aswell. But to the op’s point, i do actually prefer in swinging corners

I’m guessing then corners  ( any corners) have little advantage overall.  
which is why I’m always confused when we start cheering and clapping at one 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Exactly it’s not even a thing up until last night.  No one has ever gone into a champions league campaign discussing who has had the worst record. I can guarantee no one new it was dinamo Zagreb who had the record before us cos no one has ever cared.

It’s the click bait social media generation that are making this a big thing.

It’s no surprise that us and Pilzen had the worst records this season given the gulf in quality of those groups for pot 4 teams.

I can guarantee you Zagreb supporters as well as Hajduk Split's knew as would be a stick to hit them with

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Also……

Borna and Tav standing over a free kick with their hands clasped over their mouths talking to each other - as if Ajax employ a fuckin lip reader to work out it’s going over the bar or straight into the keepers arms.  

tits

Probably debating whether to pass it back to the keeper and don't want the support to know. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don't understand cheering corners. The corner to goal ratio for most teams is generally very low.

I dread it when we give corners away though. We have so many CBs injured and our team isn't very tall. Defending corners is an  obvious weak point of ours. 

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Maybe when we get them . They're certainly heart in your mouth stuff when we concede them .  

On 02/11/2022 at 12:05, gmcf said:

Totally agree.  

Could understand if we regularly scored from corners but they're shit . And when did we last score from a free kick ? 

I'd add that we can't shoot without having to stop the ball first . How many scoring opportunities do we pass up because we can't shoot first time .

:tu:

Spot on mate ... its the biggest ballbreaker for me .... with Alfredo on form he is the one who can do the business ... but sadly he has been abysmal for too long now .... how I miss someone like McCoist (and others of the past .... too many to mention) ..... deadly in all aspects of what a dead cert reliable striker should be.

🇬🇧

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Spot on mate ... its the biggest ballbreaker for me .... with Alfredo on form he is the one who can do the business ... but sadly he has been abysmal for too long now .... how I miss someone like McCoist (and others of the past .... too many to mention) ..... deadly in all aspects of what a dead cert reliable striker should be.

🇬🇧

Scary to think we had Hately, McCoist and Johnston all in the same team. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

The thing is Bobby , it could be rectified on the training field.  Ballbreaker indeed 

99% of our throw ins are the exact same, a full back throws it to a player really close, who hits it straight back to the full-back who then panics at the pressure from the opposition and turns backwards. That's when it works, when it doesn't  the pass back is knocked out the park despite being about 2 yards away at most. Very rarely do we do anything creative or attacking with a throw in.

11 minutes ago, Spectre said:

99% of our throw ins are the exact same, a full back throws it to a player really close, who hits it straight back to the full-back who then panics at the pressure from the opposition and turns backwards. That's when it works, when it doesn't  the pass back is knocked out the park despite being about 2 yards away at most. Very rarely do we do anything creative or attacking with a throw in.

I remember long throws up the line and a header knocked on to the guy behind.  
thing of beauty that.  

Much better than throwing it two yards bouncing off someone’s knee/ankle/hip

Dead balls are hopeless. It's almost impossible for Tav's corners to be delivered so high. 

Playing 100 passes in injury time it's like nobody has told them we're already over time. 

Man Utd did the same earlier. They needed a goal the ball got played back and rather than deliver the ball 

The slow pedantic way we play forward. Fair play to Them they attack as soon as they can. I find it hard to watch at times. 

I can feel everybody's pain regarding corners, free kicks, hitting a moving ball etc.

I actually hate when a corner is given for and against us.

We now have NO physical threat in the box at all. Goldson, Helander and Balogun gave us a threat and scored a few vital goals either directly or indirectly. I presume Soutter would also give us an edge.

I like Sands as a player and he can play but he is not the sort of player to dominate in the air. King is still learning his trade and the rest are lightweight.

I was raised on Ronnie McKinnon, Bomber Jackson, Derek Johnston etc. We have had some excellent centre halves since then as well. A good big one will always beat a good wee one was a maxim used by an old coach of mine back in the day. Not always true but not far away from it.

No surprise that MON filled his Tim team with huge players that brought success until Big Eck brought in Big Marv.

We need some bigger  more athletic players with lots of aggression and of course skill. Plenty of these type of players in Croatia, Serbia, even the English Championship.

Club either backs Gio and gives him cash or go for Beale.

Actually. The more I think of us waiting on Tav getting the ball and throwing it 3 or 4 yards to one of our players the weirder it gets.  

Why is it always Tav, it’s not like it’s a special “flicky” throw or anything it’s just a daft fucking throw.  

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I remember long throws up the line and a header knocked on to the guy behind.  
thing of beauty that.  

Much better than throwing it two yards bouncing off someone’s knee/ankle/hip

I said this the other night, I'd rather that and gain some yards than the shite we offer currently. It's embarrassing how we go about throw ins for and against.