Things that are doing my nut in

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep, and not just at throw ins either. Main thing I noticed playing against the other teams in our Champs League group, any time one of their players had the ball, they usually had at least two options for an easy pass. Most times we have the ball there's rarely someone giving an option looking for the ball. Our running off the ball has been non existent, players too far apart, meaning we get quickly closed down when looking for a pass and lose possession. Annoying as fuck! 

This coupled with a lack of anyone centrally willing to just dribble with the ball into space. I get the whole “the ball will always move quicker than you” argument for passing but sometimes just bringing it out yourself means someone has to eventually commit to challenge the ball carrier and the opposition shape is effected.

We are so shit at it though that at one point last night Sands decided to at least try and brought it forward 20 yards, no one moved for him so he had to make a sideways pass to Davis, who then gave it back to Sands, who then brought it forward another 10 yards and then had to pass it back to Davis as still no one was moving.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Also……

Borna and Tav standing over a free kick with their hands clasped over their mouths talking to each other - as if Ajax employ a fuckin lip reader to work out it’s going over the bar or straight into the keepers arms.  

tits

See this in every game now, don't actually get what it's all about 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Out swinging corners 

It’s a very difficult technique to header a ball goal-wards from an out swinging corner. Why do we insist on this. Tav on the right Borna on the left. 

agree with  most of what your saying  - the above could  be as simple as if they swapped sides they would be out of position to track back on a counter, though surely someone else capable of taking corners if that's the case (wingers for example - nah that will never catch on)

9 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

The media are also one of the big things doing my nut in. 

I agree its unacceptable for a Rangers manager, but honestly did anyone actually know who were the worst CL team before we set the record last night? Media have it plastered everywhere today. 

No doubt it will be reported as another brave and inspired 5-0 defeat for the scum tonight. 

Exactly it’s not even a thing up until last night.  No one has ever gone into a champions league campaign discussing who has had the worst record. I can guarantee no one new it was dinamo Zagreb who had the record before us cos no one has ever cared.

It’s the click bait social media generation that are making this a big thing.

It’s no surprise that us and Pilzen had the worst records this season given the gulf in quality of those groups for pot 4 teams.

7 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Exactly it’s not even a thing up until last night.  No one has ever gone into a champions league campaign discussing who has had the worst record. I can guarantee no one new it was dinamo Zagreb who had the record before us cos no one has ever cared.

It’s no surprise that us and Pilzen had the worst records this season given the gulf in quality of those groups for pot 4 teams.

And yet 5months ago we were a couple of penalties away from being a Pot team. 

I still hear people especially in the media saying we couldn't handle it in the champions league even though the team who could only beat us with the last kick of the game in May's Europa league final will be playing champions league football after Christmas ... go figure!

I think we got the best of both managers last season of course the 3 years of improvement with Gerrard but added to that a quick brush up with the new boss to make everything look bright and new again ... problem is once that shine had worn off the longer Gio has been here the worse he's got :ang:

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

In this backwater it will be a thing spoken with venom and hate for years,and you could hear the collective sigh of relief last night.
The whole continent of Europe will not give 2 fucks.

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure it’s petty because these little things are fine margins in a game. Sometimes taking a new decision or dealing with something differently can add an advantage. 

if I was an opposition manager about to face Rangers I would know exactly who was doing what when.  
We’re way too predictable 

Best possible historic example of this would be Weiss taking that quick free kick through to Jelavic. Made it happen. Just saying 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why?

It’ll likely involve a stupid amount of statistics but as much as I prefer the inswinging corners, outswingers can be just as effective. It depends on the player taking them, what he’s hitting into blah blah. 

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from our horrible application to the game of football here’s stuff that does my tits in

Out swinging corners 

It’s a very difficult technique to header a ball goal-wards from an out swinging corner. Why do we insist on this. Tav on the right Borna on the left. 

Throw in’s 

Numerous times (for a long time) Tav and Borna take our throw ins - I watched Tillman last night being told not to throw it in as he would take it. Is nobody else capable?

Free kicks, same two, Borna and Tav - usually Tav - is there nobody else that can take a fee kick?

How many times have we had two balls on the pitch? Slowing the game up  - get them ball boys told ffs  

All this stuff leads to “waiting” - waiting on Borna, waiting on Tav slowing everything down

it’s as if the majority of our players are so fucking robotic no cunt can think of a different “in game” decision that would benefit us. 

it’s ripping my fucking knitting 

You read my mind and I was going to start a thread but you beat me to it 🤣

not sure if you noticed last night that Tilman’s head actually went down after Tav demanded to take the shy, someone needs a rocket up their arse for this shit 

5 minutes ago, WWTC said:

It’ll likely involve a stupid amount of statistics but as much as I prefer the inswinging corners, outswingers can be just as effective. It depends on the player taking them, what he’s hitting into blah blah. 

As I said it takes a serious technical ability for anything to come of an out winger.  Something none of our players have. 

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Inswinging or our outswinging corners make no difference to us as I couldn't tell you the last time we scored from a corner possibly against Dortmund in Germany. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

You read my mind and I was going to start a thread but you beat me to it 🤣

not sure if you noticed last night that Tilman’s head actually went down after Tav demanded to take the shy, someone needs a rocket up their arse for this shit 

😂

Tillman also threw his arms down like a fucking 5yr old when he fucked up a stupid 5yrd pass.  

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

As I said it takes a serious technical ability for anything to come of an out winger.  Something none of our players have. 

The percentage of conversions difference between them will be little or none. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why?

@WWTC already replied but simple table from https://sqaf.club/inswinging-vs-outswinging-corners/ analysing corners in the top 5 leagues in the 19/20 season

It’s not exactly a huge advantage of goal % for in-swinging corners and I would speculate if you break it down further out-swinging will give more opportunities for knockdowns / headers back across goals.

DF57B6B9-FB4B-4467-9DF6-1ED37B4522DA.jpeg

1 minute ago, rossco87 said:

@WWTC already replied but simple table from https://sqaf.club/inswinging-vs-outswinging-corners/ analysing corners in the top 5 leagues in the 19/20 season

It’s not exactly a huge advantage of goal % for in-swinging corners and I would speculate if you break it down further out-swinging will give more opportunities for knockdowns / headers back across goals.

DF57B6B9-FB4B-4467-9DF6-1ED37B4522DA.jpeg

Those stats wont include reasoning like how the defending team set up; teams set up for zonal marking are more vulnerable to out than in for example. Or if Tav, for example, takes an inswinging corner we have a right back as far out position as probably possible. 
They probably will only include direct goals aswell. But to the op’s point, i do actually prefer in swinging corners