Things that are doing my nut in

KeyserSoze

25 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

We have to the worst team in the world at throw ins. Serious lack of movement and more often than not ends up with the opposition winning possession

Yep, and not just at throw ins either. Main thing I noticed playing against the other teams in our Champs League group, any time one of their players had the ball, they usually had at least two options for an easy pass. Most times we have the ball there's rarely someone giving an option looking for the ball. Our running off the ball has been non existent, players too far apart, meaning we get quickly closed down when looking for a pass and lose possession. Annoying as fuck! 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure it’s petty because these little things are fine margins in a game. Sometimes taking a new decision or dealing with something differently can add an advantage. 

if I was an opposition manager about to face Rangers I would know exactly who was doing what when.  
We’re way too predictable 

You could work out our gameplay tactics and set pieces after watching us play one match.

We don't mix things up. Makes it easy for the opposition.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

We were a serious threat at set pieces for a long period under Gerrard albeit more with the 55 squad. Culshaw had drills for everything.

Now we have players refusing to take throw ins and looking like schoolboys when we have any sort of offensive free kick

True, but unless a corner was taken short is was invariably an outswinger.

We got a free kick last night on the halfway line next to dugouts, think Kent was fouled, Barisic took it quickly and played it back to either the CH or Keeper ( not sure) but I remember a lot of folk booing around me, it was a chance to get the ball up the park, we are fuckin terrible at positive decision making and would rather play safe.

Agree with with a lot of that....the lack of quality and awareness is what is really doing my head in at this level, take last night's game in isolation and compare

1 The two goals in the first half were both conceded by a similar ball inside the channel, the first goal catches Tav out and the second Sakala.....the annoying thing was that they weren't the only two times Ajax tried that tactic....they did it on both sides about 6 times but we aren't aware of this ball as we continued to get caught out

2 Look at the difference in close range passing, Ajax can string 4/5 perfect passes about which totally bamboozle our players, we try to huff and puff and generally look like we are playing with a hot tattie 

3 The quality of the final ball is absolutely terrible, I actually lost count of the amount of times that we fail to get a delivery past the first man from both flanks....maybe Ajax are masters at reading the game then I think how poor we are domestically at this also.....this is something that needs addressed but I guess it comes down to Quality....the reality is that players like Arfield, Sakala, Kent, Wright, Tav & Borna are hitting and hoping the majority of the time

4 The killer pass, we just don't have the ability to play a killer pass....look at the pass Tadic puts in for the 3rd goal the ball in from the left for the goal that was chopped off....we simply do not have players of that ability to pull passes like that off...on the odd occasion maybe.....week in week out forget it

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I am 100% sure we have stupid players who have no real football intelligence. 

Scott Wright laid a ball back last night to no cunt....yes no cunt...he then has the audacity to spin and start running....somewhere in his head he had convinced himself that by achieving that feat that somewhere someone would pop up and give him the return pass....if that isn't zero intelligence then fuck knows what is

19 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Thought I was the only one getting triggered by the ball boy situation :lol:

Iirc Tillman was urging the ball boy to hurry up as we had a corner- the wee arsehole just limply dropped it in front of him. 

it seems a stupid thing to get all on a rage about but these small things are important 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Scott Wright laid a ball back last night to no cunt....yes no cunt...he then has the audacity to spin and start running....somewhere in his head he had convinced himself that by achieving that feat that somewhere someone would pop up and give him the return pass....if that isn't zero intelligence then fuck knows what is

Seen that 😂

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Iirc Tillman was urging the ball boy to hurry up as we had a corner- the wee arsehole just limply dropped it in front of him. 

it seems a stupid thing to get all on a rage about but these small things are important 

A bit fucking harsh. They are wee kids.

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

He does this all the time - it's basically his signature move. He just turns around, puts his head down, and sprints 30 yards in a straight line like Connor Goldson is still here to ping a long ball over the top to him. And by the time he stops and turns around to look where he is, he's either offside or we have already lost the ball.

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Spooky if you thought about making this thread at that moment, as I did as well. Every time we get a set piece, it takes us ages to get the ball back in play......by which time the defence is well sorted. We need to be sharper. Tillman had the chance to chuck a quick one in, but by the time Tav had taken it, Ajax were all set up.

Same with corners and free kicks! 

Honestly alomst word for word what I wanted to post.

Fools seldom differ 😎

All of the above, it's not rocket science, but the one that does my nut in in when we have played against the better teams in the CL we can't even make simple 5yrd passes in a straight line to a teammate and needlessly giving up possession, it's mental.

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wee arsehole :lol:  he's a ballboy mate ffs.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from our horrible application to the game of football here’s stuff that does my tits in

Out swinging corners 

It’s a very difficult technique to header a ball goal-wards from an out swinging corner. Why do we insist on this. Tav on the right Borna on the left. 

Throw in’s 

Numerous times (for a long time) Tav and Borna take our throw ins - I watched Tillman last night being told not to throw it in as he would take it. Is nobody else capable?

Free kicks, same two, Borna and Tav - usually Tav - is there nobody else that can take a fee kick?

How many times have we had two balls on the pitch? Slowing the game up  - get them ball boys told ffs  

All this stuff leads to “waiting” - waiting on Borna, waiting on Tav slowing everything down

it’s as if the majority of our players are so fucking robotic no cunt can think of a different “in game” decision that would benefit us. 

it’s ripping my fucking knitting 

Agree with most of this apart from the corners. Thats clutching a bit and i cant be bothered going into why. 

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He does this all the time - it's basically his signature move. He just turns around, puts his head down, and sprints 30 yards in a straight line like Connor Goldson is still here to ping a long ball over the top to him. And by the time he stops and turns around to look where he is, he's either offside or we have already lost the ball.

We lost the ball with him straight away:lol: