Things that are doing my nut in

KeyserSoze

I don’t know what it is about Gio if it’s stubbornness or just nothing else to turn to but you are right it’s predictable it’s slow and it’s ineffective.

Managers should be going over the opposition with scouting and data team to find their weaknesses and look to exploit it rather than just say, we will just play our way and it will be fine.

The game kicks off and we lose a goal because we can’t defend for shit……we will just play our way and it will be fine.

I keep hearing that the players and manager will learn but there is no evidence of this with any aspect of our play. We give away goals from awful defending in open play and awful defending at corners. We look so weak at attacking set pieces as well….just what are they doing daily at training?

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Agree with that.

We are hideously slow. There’s times McGregor gets the ball and we could have a quick break but we decide to slow it down and let the opposition get their shape back again

He takes his time, makes a pass she should’ve made long before he actually does, then goes nuts at everybody else. He annoys me far too much

22 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure it’s petty because these little things are fine margins in a game. Sometimes taking a new decision or dealing with something differently can add an advantage. 

if I was an opposition manager about to face Rangers I would know exactly who was doing what when.  
We’re way too predictable 

Petty on the scale of issues at the club but yeah agree on the fine margins.

We don’t play with a lot of freedom, don’t know if that’s tactical, confidence, form or a mixture but again in agreement we are too predictable to set up against.

Shys. I was in Govan for last nights game, midway thru first half, we had some joy down our right, and got a Shy roughlyin line with 18yrd  box. Sakala picks ball up at side of pitch, Arfield starts to make a run between 2 defenders on edge of box, Bassy was standing in front of Sakala at this point as well.

If Sakala takes quick throw towards Arfield into box, he takes out 2 defenders straight away and Arfield may have got on end of ball or not, but it would have forced the tracking defender who was slightly behind him on his goal side  to challenge him or jockey him or  win ball, put it out for a corner or whatever.  Puts pressure in defender and who knows what might come from it. 
Instead, Sakala threw ball to Tav who had out his hands out for it, he then shys it back to Sands near half way line and ball went square to King. Arfield had to check his run obviously.
And I got a little more deflated in my seat! Schoolboy stuff And utterly soul destroying. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from our horrible application to the game of football here’s stuff that does my tits in

Out swinging corners 

It’s a very difficult technique to header a ball goal-wards from an out swinging corner. Why do we insist on this. Tav on the right Borna on the left. 

Throw in’s 

Numerous times (for a long time) Tav and Borna take our throw ins - I watched Tillman last night being told not to throw it in as he would take it. Is nobody else capable?

Free kicks, same two, Borna and Tav - usually Tav - is there nobody else that can take a fee kick?

How many times have we had two balls on the pitch? Slowing the game up  - get them ball boys told ffs  

All this stuff leads to “waiting” - waiting on Borna, waiting on Tav slowing everything down

it’s as if the majority of our players are so fucking robotic no cunt can think of a different “in game” decision that would benefit us. 

it’s ripping my fucking knitting 

All of it is down to the coaching and our style of football is so negative and boring, it's frightening how much we have regressed. 

The two balls on the pitch has infuriated me a few times this season :lol:

corners . Defending or attacking we are fucking hopeless at either. 

we get a corner and genuinely feel nothing . We concede one and you fear the worst . Even if we don’t concede it’s tends to be from a game of pinball in the box which has eventually been put out for a throw in or another corner after some sheer panic and confusion in the box  . Very rarely do we ever actually confidently deal with a corner whipped into the box. 

48 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Agree about the corners, was the same under Gerrard.

We were a serious threat at set pieces for a long period under Gerrard albeit more with the 55 squad. Culshaw had drills for everything.

Now we have players refusing to take throw ins and looking like schoolboys when we have any sort of offensive free kick

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from our horrible application to the game of football here’s stuff that does my tits in

Out swinging corners 

It’s a very difficult technique to header a ball goal-wards from an out swinging corner. Why do we insist on this. Tav on the right Borna on the left. 

Throw in’s 

Numerous times (for a long time) Tav and Borna take our throw ins - I watched Tillman last night being told not to throw it in as he would take it. Is nobody else capable?

Free kicks, same two, Borna and Tav - usually Tav - is there nobody else that can take a fee kick?

How many times have we had two balls on the pitch? Slowing the game up  - get them ball boys told ffs  

All this stuff leads to “waiting” - waiting on Borna, waiting on Tav slowing everything down

it’s as if the majority of our players are so fucking robotic no cunt can think of a different “in game” decision that would benefit us. 

it’s ripping my fucking knitting 

Totally agree.  

Could understand if we regularly scored from corners but they're shit . And when did we last score from a free kick ? 

I'd add that we can't shoot without having to stop the ball first . How many scoring opportunities do we pass up because we can't shoot first time .

Corners are well documented in here but the throw ins really annoy me as well. 

Always either rushed and short or waiting ages then just throw it back towards our own half. 

Needing a Rory Delap style approach. Watched that Wrexham doc and they have a player that does the same thing. Every throw in is as good as a free kick for them.