Kenny Mclean

Craiggybear

Being talked about in the Gio thread so might as well make a dedicated thread for it here. Story now being picked up by MSM online. Looks like there is something to it. 

"Rangers want to sign Norwich City midfielder Kenny McLean in January, but could agree a pre-contract for a summer move according to Daily Express."

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/11/20/Rangers-want-to-sign-kenny-mclean-from-norwich-city-could-agree-pre-contract-ahead-of-january-move/

Sure it’s been said in the Gio thread but Wilson needs to be sacked before he can do any further damage to the club.

This signing doesn’t even fit his “player trading “ model as he’d be signed with no potential resale value

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sure it’s been said in the Gio thread but Wilson needs to be sacked before he can do any further damage to the club.

This signing doesn’t even fit his “player trading “ model as he’d be signed with no potential resale value

Every signing can’t be for resale value that’s not realistic 

20 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Depressing and unsurprising. Looking forward to signing Lewis Ferguson on a bosman in 10 years time too.

Got an Arfield Doranns Murphy type of signing written all over it.

Shows a real lack of scouting and leadership on the transfer front. 

Arfield was a good signing. McLean would basically be his replacement. 

41 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I was going to post the exact same what happened to trying to make profit on players 

1 hour ago, Craiggybear said:

Being talked about in the Gio thread so might as well make a dedicated thread for it here. Story now being picked up by MSM online. Looks like there is something to it. 

"Rangers want to sign Norwich City midfielder Kenny McLean in January, but could agree a pre-contract for a summer move according to Daily Express."

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/11/20/Rangers-want-to-sign-kenny-mclean-from-norwich-city-could-agree-pre-contract-ahead-of-january-move/

1568554455352.jpg

Kenny McLean coming in after we signed a few really exciting players would be acceptable.

A kinda sensible addition that I'm guessing meets some of our home grown quota? Think he came through our youths, so hopefully qualifies as club trained.

Him being linked as our only known target is somewhat more depressing.

It just looks like padding out the squad with yet more players who are not 'difference makers'.

Got to hope that if he does come in that he surpasses this thought though.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Kenny McLean coming in after we signed a few really exciting players would be acceptable.

A kinda sensible addition that I'm guessing meets some of our home grown quota? Think he came through our youths, so hopefully qualifies as club trained.

Him being linked as our only known target is somewhat more depressing.

It just looks like padding out the squad with yet more players who are not 'difference makers'.

Got to hope that if he does come in that he surpasses this thought though.

He is a good player and the potential is there, but again he's someone who's had injury issues in the past year. 

Broke his toe this year, out for 3 months last year with a knee injury. With our luck this season with injuries I can't decide if its worth a punt or not. 

But I agree with you about it being depressing.... we've made it to the WC break but still dont know what happening with Gio and only known target so far is a player turning 31 who is not long back from injury. 

tenor (1).gif

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Yip McLean is a good player and would add to our midfield if we could get him in January. If not a pre contract is fine and he can join in the summer. 

I'd also sign John fleck who I believe is also out of contract next summer 

Good plan. Personally I’d exclusively sign midfielders in their thirties who haven’t looked the same player since a few seasons of injuries.

7 hours ago, Kylegib said:

I was going to post the exact same what happened to trying to make profit on players 

So do you want 10 Matondo's in the lineup? It's not an over whelming signing by any chance but he's performed consistently well at a higher level than Scottish prem for a few years now and I'd rather have him than David or arfield and I'd have him in our starting xi too, in the league. 

24 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why is being an Arfield type signing being used as a negative? He shouldn't be a starter now but he's been a briliant signing 

Fair point I like Arfield too. It’s just that oh he’s a Rangers fan on a free transfer let’s sign him not much thought in it.

In saying that I see McBurnies contract is up and he’s banging the goals in again so I’d probably take him!

Quite unpalatable, but the benchmark should be ‘would he get in celtics team at the moment’.

Might be a bit of a upgrade on Jack, Davis and Arfield - but don’t think being a wee bit better than them is enough.

Need to focus more on bringing in nailed on first 11 players, rather than youth players, squad options and guys past their best.