John Park - Rangers Recruitment

Given our recent poor transfer dealings, the next few windows are likely to be increasingly important to getting us to where we want to be.

Robertson has rightfully taken the brunt of the blame, but there are others who have maybe went a little under the radar in the process.

Andy Scoulding was head of recruitment until this summer when he moved to Spurs. At this point we brought in John Park.

I would attribute this summers signings more to Scouldings last actions rather than Park given he was just in the door, but might be wrong.

Park had a previous spell at Celtic where he identified players such as Van Dyke, Wanyamma and Dembele, who were certainly big successes.

Hopefully from this transfer window onwards we can start to get a better hit rate on our successes.

Beale or whoever our next manager is certainly need them to, as I don't think any manager will achieve much with this squad without properly addressing the issues within in.

I’m hoping Park can pick up the slack but it seemed like the club went to pains to emphasise he wasn’t a direct replacement for Scoulding - leaving us without a proper chief scout. We badly need one because, without him, Wilson will just fill in the blanks by extending players who’re too old and signing people we’ve played against. 

VVD and Wanyama and whoever else he braught in but what about the absolute dross they have signed over the years also?

Was he apart of the Duffy deal or that wee lassie from Argentina? 

Some fucking dog shit Celtic have signed over the years never mind Wilsons new additions.

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Pretty sure it was like 2 months ago.

July apparently.

Still giving him the benefit of the doubt that the majority of players they brought in were in the works before he joined.

In saying that Colak, Davies and Ridvan I still have hope for, and I really like Tillman.

Then there is Matondo...

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

VVD and Wanyama and whoever else he braught in but what about the absolute dross they have signed over the years also?

Some fucking dog shit Celtic have signed over the years never mind Wilsons new additions.

Apparently Rogers brought in some guy called Congerton or something and Park left as he arrived.

Park went from Celtic to Blackburn, but no idea what their recruitment has been like up till this summer.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

July apparently.

Still giving him the benefit of the doubt that the majority of players they brought in were in the works before he joined.

In saying that Colak, Davies and Ridvan I still have hope for, and I really like Tillman.

Then there is Matondo...

Tillman will be a superstar if he has the right players around him which he does not currently.

Ridvan will be brilliant i think and a great age to evolve.

Colak is already the real deal and experienced striker but just not getting the right service.

Matondo ... Absolute dug shite.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

July apparently.

Then there is Matondo...

You are being extremely fuckin generous /optimistic about our new signings  ! 

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

You are being extremely fuckin generous /optimistic about our new signings  ! 

I think some of them will go on to settle and be decent for us.

Colak is miles better than Itten for example, I think most of us would pick him ahead of Morelos these days, but he is a second choice striker level. Need a new first pick.

Davies has been part of a defense that has been crippled with injury and never settled. I actually think he will stroll it at SPFL level when him and Goldson get regular time together. They are not however CL level and it's anyone's guess how he will do in Old Firms.

Ridvan looks good, but I don't know if he is settled. That's a difficult thing to judge, so if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

Tillman is quality and will show that if our new manager gets the team playing right.

Lawrence looked great until a freak injury. Can't blame anyone for that, as there was nothing to suggest it would happen.

Souttar is the opposite, you can blame everyone for that! He is however Scottish trained, and we do need them for Euro rules. There are fuck all other Scottish trained players about who are realistic signings who are not utter dog shit. Would still probably swap him for McCrorie back from Aberdeen though, as pish and fit is better than pish and injured.

Matondo is a weird one. In pre-season I thought he was finally the answer. Then in competitive games, it's like Sam has quantum leaped into him every time he stands on the pitch.

2 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Tillman will be a superstar if he has the right players around him which he does not currently.

Colak is already the real deal and experienced striker but just not getting the right service.

From what we seen of Lawrence he looked a very good addition. 

4 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Some fucking dog shit celtic have signed over the years never mind Wilsons new additions.

Nah he left in 2016

7 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Tillman needs to played in his best position (CAM) if he is to show his best… But he won’t as he didn’t fit Giovanni van Bronkhorsts system and doesn’t fit Michael Beales system either… nor will Lowry unfortunately 

7 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Some fucking dog shit celtic have signed over the years never mind Wilsons new additions.

No

8 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

If Park played any part in our recent recruitment then he’s fuckin hopeless too ! 

He joined us halfway through July. Exactly what part of the recent recruitment could he have been part of? 
Park was a great appointment and something we’ve needed for years. A far cry from john brown having “an eye for a player” ffs.

22 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Watched the USA v Ingerlund game and thought Tillman would be perfectly at home in that American team.

Great prospect.

PS great to see wee Claudio in the crowd watching his boy 🇺🇸

33 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Watched the USA v Ingerlund game and thought Tillman would be perfectly at home in that American team.

Great prospect.

PS great to see wee Claudio in the crowd watching his boy 🇺🇸

Seen that mate

Loved Claudio, They where saying last night young Gio could have played for England also.