Tav

Number5

6 minutes ago, ItaliaSyksey said:

A weak pathetic loser and captain and even worse defender. Cost us again today but get's a pass from some coz he's been here so long. An awful footballer. Whilst he and his like are here the club cannot and will not progress. 

He has some credit in the bank because he’s been one of our best players in the past few seasons. 

Having said that. He relied a lot on his pace to get him out of trouble, for his defending and also his first touch isn’t the best.

Clearly his legs/fitness/health aren’t where they need to be. And it’s a risk he might never get back to his best. 

Not a natural leader for me. But easily good enough to be here if he rediscovers his form.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Blind faith has nothing to do with it, it’s reality. Beale is currently trying to rebuild confidence in the dressing room, not destroy it. 

That goal essentially cost us any chance at the league.

Tavernier doesn't lack confidence (ego), it is the talent that is the problem.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

That goal essentially cost us any chance at the league.

Tavernier doesn't lack confidence (ego), it is the talent that is the problem.

Don’t even think it’s the talent. It’s the fitness. He’s never been a skilful player. But always been a phenomenal athlete. And at his best like having two players. But he’s gone from our best to arguably worst athlete. Isn’t getting up and down the wing. Slow off the mark.

37 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And that right there is the problem 

It would be a problem if Devine was a clear and better alternative.

Tav is past his best now, but his replacement isn’t at the club atm. If they were they would have already displaced him because he’s been dog shit this season under two managers. 

There’s a weird mentality on here that whenever senior or regular players start playing poorly certain people start hyping up squad players or youngsters who they have barely even seen as some sort of hiding in plain sight right under our nose like solution when the reality is they probably aren’t, because if they were they would already be playing regularly.

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

He's had a poor season and was shocking at the first goal. However, for those who say he's just a shite footballer and continually hurl abuse at/and about him have a look below and fuck up.

FTMJNPCWUAAv_94.jpg

Some of the takes are embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

He's had a poor season and was shocking at the first goal. However, for those who say he's just a shite footballer and continually hurl abuse at/and about him have a look below and fuck up.

FTMJNPCWUAAv_94.jpg

Even the EL know he's a honking defender so had to make him a wingback in the TotS 

For me he has always been a poor defender, there is no getting round that, it is fact. People always banging on about his ‘insane’ stats - well I’d like to see his stats for errors in matches. It ain’t good enough and sentimentality aside we have to be ruthless. That first goal was so poor and we see that kind of thing regularly. 

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Meh.

You won’t find a bigger Tav fan than me, but football is a what have you done for me lately business and he’s been garbage this season.

We have too many players coasting on good will from things they did months, and in some cases, years ago.

Yeah, he has been poor. As has the whole team, but some just want to have their pet hates and seem to revel in it when they play badly (not referring to you).

The whole team has been let down by the board and management this season and that's at the root of the team's and players' performances, imo.

Carrying an injury doesn't help, either, tbh. 

31 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The same shouts were said last year with Patterson when Tavernier was poor, Patterson’s now doing well in England and Tavernier’s struggling for us.

We’ll never know about Devine until we give a him a real chance in his actual position.

Sticking with Tavernier costs us.

Last season we knew how good Patterson could be though because he had been in for Tav few times previously and put in some really good stuff during the 55 season.

I said this last year at some point but with the way things are in football now we need to start moving guys like Tav on when they are at their peak and then play Patterson so we get fees for both. We've do things the wrong way about.

We talk about player trading and Ajax models - that is it.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Last season we knew how good Patterson could be though because he had been in for Tav few times previously and put in some really good stuff during the 55 season.

I said this last year at some point but with the way things are in football now we need to start moving guys like Tav on when they are at their peak and then play Patterson so we get fees for both. We've do things the wrong way about.

100%. 

52 minutes ago, left winger said:

Did you cheer much when their first went in?

Nope, but once again i cringed at the fact that 2 players who shouldnt be near our team the now, once again cost us

You can have your sly digs all you want, but you know im right, tav has nevet been a good defender and it was masked by his attacking stats, now they are poor as well, he is being shown up for the bang average player he is, but some refuse to admit it for whatever reason

The sooner we replace him and barisic for players who can defend the better we'll be

45 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The same shouts were said last year with Patterson when Tavernier was poor, Patterson’s now doing well in England and Tavernier’s struggling for us.

We’ll never know about Devine until we give a him a real chance in his actual position.

Sticking with Tavernier costs us.

I’m not saying don’t look to replace Tav, I’m just reluctant to hype Devine as a stick on replacement too. The same shouts have also been made about countless other youth players who ultimately turned out to either be nowhere near good enough too, or nowhere near as good as people on here make out. Not everyone is going to be a Patterson. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m not saying don’t look to replace Tav, I’m just reluctant to hype Devine as a stick on replacement too. The same shouts have also been made about countless other youth players who ultimately turned out to either be nowhere near good enough too, or nowhere near as good as people on here make out. Not everyone is going to be a Patterson. 

I’m not saying he’s a stick on replacement, but he should be given a run of games in his position. He’s played well enough in his limited game time, out of position. 

4 hours ago, ready1873 said:

He's rotten. We need winners at Rangers he is a nice guy and a decent player but has zero winning instinct. A serial loser tbh. 

Agree, I just don’t get it. He is a rank rotten defender and an imposter of a Rangers captain. Never up to the mark.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nope, but once again i cringed at the fact that 2 players who shouldnt be near our team the now, once again cost us

You can have your sly digs all you want, but you know im right, tav has nevet been a good defender and it was masked by his attacking stats, now they are poor as well, he is being shown up for the bang average player he is, but some refuse to admit it for whatever reason

The sooner we replace him and barisic for players who can defend the better we'll be

Tav has been decent defensively throughout his career with us, not the best, but decent. He has, for the most part, been excellent going forward, has scored loads of goals - very important ones and has led the team by example on numerous occasions(as he is meant to). Overall, he has been a great signing.

Looking at how we play, though, we want attacking fullbacks. And with the best will in the world, we can’t afford quality attacking full backs who are also quality in defence. As with many other players it’s no surprise that their performances dip when those of their team mates also dip.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It would be a problem if Devine was a clear and better alternative.

Tav is past his best now, but his replacement isn’t at the club atm. If they were they would have already displaced him because he’s been dog shit this season under two managers. 

There’s a weird mentality on here that whenever senior or regular players start playing poorly certain people start hyping up squad players or youngsters who they have barely even seen as some sort of hiding in plain sight right under our nose like solution when the reality is they probably aren’t, because if they were they would already be playing regularly.

Nathan Patterson disagrees. 

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Devine isn’t a patch on Patterson tbh. Either in the first team, or how he’s done in the youth setup.

Need to sign a RB, but don’t think we will. There’s probably other areas that need more immediate action.

GK, CM, CF all need urgently dealt with. 

Some weird revisionism on here. 2 years ago he was the PFA player of the year. Last year he was voted our Player’s player of the year and EL team of the season.

He’s been one of our best and consistent performers. And his defending has been decent.

His fitness has been rank this year, for whatever reason. Injury or age. And he’s not the same player. But people claiming he’s always been pish are delusional.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Some weird revisionism on here. 2 years ago he was the PFA player of the year. Last year he was voted our Player’s player of the year and EL team of the season.

He’s been one of our best and consistent performers. And his defending has been decent.

His fitness has been rank this year, for whatever reason. Injury or age. And he’s not the same player. But people claiming he’s always been pish are delusional.

He was phenomenal last season, but that was last season. As a big a drop off as you’ll see in a player.