Tav

Number5

32 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Great defensive header when he took a sore one and his penalty was superb. Leads by example and is always available to receive the ball. But yes his standards in overall play have dipped from his previous levels. Still better than anything else we have available.

Absolutely spot on.

Though the wee fannies calling for a currently mediocre Devine to replace him won't see that.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Any other captain in the league puts there first goal into row Z, probably taking the player too 

There was an opportunity in the first half when that little Jap had done Sakala and Tav had a open goal to ruin him and he backed out.

That's the difference for me.

He's still important to us however it's clear to see he isn't the same player he was 18 months back. He's lost pace and that was his big attribute.

We need Devine to start slotting in more regularly to get an idea if he will be the long term solution.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Absolutely spot on.

Though the wee fannies calling for a currently mediocre Devine to replace him won't see that.

:lol: 

He cost us more than anyone today by being pathetic at the two goals, he’s been absolutely dreadful all season, I’d take mediocre over that.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

He cost us more than anyone today by being pathetic at the two goals, he’s been absolutely dreadful all season, I’d take mediocre over that.

There are few on this forum who know less about football than you.

Absolute mess of a poster.

17 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Absolutely spot on.

I'd expect every single player on the pitch to do that.

Surely you dont get bonus points for bleeding for the cause, should be a given?

22 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Any other captain in the league puts there first goal into row Z, probably taking the player too 

Someone in the match thread made the point that if we had held on today people would have been talking about his great penalty, and thats the issue with tav and a few others, they make glaring errors but all is forgotten when something goes their way

Rarely agree with FAE but Tav was rotten today man. Won 2 duels max, cost us at both goals (Alfredo to blame as much for the first) he's been a passenger all season. 

Boots are too big for devine to fill but it's definitely an issue. 

13 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Should have done better for the first goal although Alfie dropped him in it he should of got something on the ball to take it away from maeda and at least delayed him 

Should have punted maeda into fucking orbit, we dont need "nice" captains we need fucking animals in OF games

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I'd expect every single player on the pitch to that.

Surely you dont get bonus points for bleeding for the cause, should be a given?

Look, he was very poor for their goal. Maeda then beat him for pace a couple of times afterwards and put dangerous balls in.

After that he had Maeda in his pocket and started to intercept and tackle better. Great pen to put us in front and very good defensive header to keep us there.

Nowhere near his best but as much as I want to see Devine do well he's still levels below our captain.

Doesn't matter how much or how many times you look at it....he should have taken the booking, at the very least,

Horrendous, horrendous defending.  If Beale wants to be taken seriously as the Rangers Manger, he should drop Tavernier for the next few games, club captain or not.

Cant pick players simply because they can score a penalty

We all know the leagues gubbed so whats to lose?

Devine can come in and cover that position, just as well, if not better at the moment.

I'll trust all the managers he has played unders judgement over my own or other forum posters tbh. 

He is highly respected behind the scenes as well. He has had more bad days creeping into performances no doubt but he remains one of our better players in the squad and should be one of the last names on the 'push out the door list' 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Look, he was very poor for their goal. Maeda then beat him for pace a couple of times afterwards and put dangerous balls in.

After that he had Maeda in his pocket and started to intercept and tackle better. Great pen to put us in front and very good defensive header to keep us there.

Nowhere near his best but as much as I want to see Devine do well he's still levels below our captain.

We all know the score. If we could invest in a 25k a week RB it wouldnt be Tav.

He's served his time and it's time for him to move on before his legacy (which is split) is ruined.

He's been terrible all season. Ia he injured? Is he careting too much bulk/muscle?

The fenians backed off. You put Maeda up against Tav he changes the game 75% of the time, surely you know this? 

Theres been loads of times over the years where Tav has changed opinions but I don't Tavwill spiral upwards again?

Unfortunately, this is another example of where our business model has been a bit daft. Folk don't like it on here but you have to look to move on players at the height of their value and Tav's was 2 seasons ago, even more so when we had a ready made replacement.  You then move the replacement on when he's targeted 1/2 years later and then rinse and repeat.  

We sold the replacement and kept the older model, albeit we had to take the money for Patterson at that time. 

It's that sort of conversation the board should have been having with SG as soon as 55 was won, we took the (now) stupid decision to keep everyone from that squad and, 2 seasons later, they look fucked and their values have dropped to negligible amounts. 

15 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I'll trust all the managers he has played unders judgement over my own or other forum posters tbh. 

He is highly respected behind the scenes as well. He has had more bad days creeping into performances no doubt but he remains one of our better players in the squad and should be one of the last names on the 'push out the door list' 

Why trust their judgement blindly, tav is the least successful top flight captain we have ever had iirc,