So far, how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?

Bad Robot

how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. So far, how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?

• £2.0 Million
    • £2.5 Million
    • £3.0 Million
    • £3.5 Million
    • £4.0 Million
    • £4.5 Million
    • £5.0 Million
    • £5.5 Million
    • £6.0 Million
    • £6.5 Million
    • £7.0 Million
    • I wouldn’t sign him

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We might make a profit but we will not win the league with him in midfield.   

Tillman definitely splits fans opinions. For me, he is talented but he has to do much more than show an odd glimpse of skill. He gets caught with the ball and disappears in most matches.  Im far from convinced by him and for what it’s worth I’m not a fan of Hagi either ! 

Ha just making the point that. 3million for a 34 year old is a worse deal that 5 million for a 20 year old (assuming same ability etc).

If they only played till they’re 35. Then the first guy has cost you 3 million a year. If the 20 year old plays till he’s 35 then his transfer fee has cost you 333k a year. (Assuming he’s contracted to you for the whole period).

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's mental. Folk want him to be the total package and have no flaws. If he  was he wouldn't be near us.

Raw potential is what we aim for and folk will just need to accept it. 

We’ve also had people bemoaning the lack of an X Factor, or somebody who can pull a moment of brilliance out of nowhere for years now and Tillman offers that.

He’s not a perfect player, but he’s got a lot of tools and potential, and he’s already contributing despite his flaws and lack of experience. He’s only get to get better, more savvy and more influential as he plays more games.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Do we actually have scouts??? 

I just baulk at the price of £5 million for a player we hope develops drive and energy.  He's basically an expensive project player when we need the finished article.   In games where he can't be bothered we need to have signed someone else to come off the bench.

Got your message mate,and it took a while as it was over my head.
Just had a squint through some comments and for the people who were offended i would just like to apologise.
Would like to point out it was nothing to do with racism and the both celebrations together reminded me of the old fable hear no evil,see no evil and speak no evil.

Rangers days of buying complete players are gone.

We need to accept that any player will have weaknesses that need to be worked around. Or else project players that need to be developed.

Tillman is technically very good. Bit slow and appears lazy at times. But plenty of raw ingredients to coach into a decent player.

Easier to get Tillman to put himself about and run more than it ever will to teach Wright or Sakala to be technically proficient players.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

i think you know what i mean, am no repeating it but it was a fucking stinker 

Scroll back a half dozen posts and i said it had fuck all to do with racism.
When i posted it i never even saw what you saw.
I feel like it's getting where people will walk a couple of miles to be offended at the OO walking past the end of a street.

He's got 4 assists and 5 goals in the league so far. Wondering what the people claiming he's too big of a risk and would only pay 1-2mil expect from a foreign 20 year old kid?

He's obviously not the finished article, but he can only improve and already good enough for this level. If we don't sign him permanently it's almost certain that we'll live to regret it.

10 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Scroll back a half dozen posts and i said it had fuck all to do with racism.
When i posted it i never even saw what you saw.
I feel like it's getting where people will walk a couple of miles to be offended at the OO walking past the end of a street.

aye defo to do with the orange walk, fucking behave yourself