So far, how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?

Bad Robot

how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. So far, how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?

• £2.0 Million
    • £2.5 Million
    • £3.0 Million
    • £3.5 Million
    • £4.0 Million
    • £4.5 Million
    • £5.0 Million
    • £5.5 Million
    • £6.0 Million
    • £6.5 Million
    • £7.0 Million
    • I wouldn’t sign him

55 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We’re terrible as a club at assessing how age and injury affect players trajectory.

From our loan signings (Ramsay (past it) and Diallo (too young)

To giving Tav a 4year contract extension at 31 (despite all the evidence that full backs significantly decline at his age.)

Keeping on Davis, McGregor, Arfield

Spending 2 million on Colak at 28 etc

Age adjusted Tillmans fee is worth it. Before you factor in how rapidly players improve at his position between the ages of 20-23. His physicality, fitness, engine, tactical awareness will all get better

You think 2m for Colak is excessive??

11 minutes ago, don logan said:

You think 2m for Colak is excessive??

2m for a 28 year old is the same as 5 for a 20 year old.

13/5*2=5.2. So they’re the same in price per years. But imo Tillman will end up being a better player and has some chance of being sold for a decent profit. 

He has already scored more than Aribo had in his first full season and tbh thats with us playing less fluent football than previous seasons.

I think the lad is a right good player and once we have more creativity throughout the side I cam only see him getting better.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

13/5*2=5.2. So they’re the same in price per years. But imo Tillman will end up being a better player and has some chance of being sold for a decent profit. 

What is that Math?

Is we sign Tillman for £5m and Colak for £2m and they both stay for 4 years, they still cost us £5m and £2m.

Your Math seems to assume Tillman will sign a 13 year contract and stay for the full period.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

What is that Math?

Is we sign Tillman for £5m and Colak for £2m and they both stay for 4 years, they still cost us £5m and £2m.

Your Math seems to assume Tillman will sign a 13 year contract and stay for the full period.

Well Colak would be 32 and no team would pay a reasonable fee for him.

Tillman would be 24 and still have 8-9 years left. And so if he was still under contract with us we could sell him for eg 3 million. 

But yes you would need to make sure you keep extending Tillman’s deal if you wanted to then sell him on.

For me the Dundee utd game sums his time up with us so far. He was basically poor in large parts of the match but then he came up with a moment of magic that had an  impact on the game. 
He’s only 20 and I reckon around the 5 million mark would be fair price for him at this stage of his career. 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He has 9 goals and assists from 19 games 

He’s exactly the type of player we need to build our midfield around. He’s a better version of Rogic, who won plenty with them. Same languid style, strong on the ball, able to pick a pass and score goals

We just need to ensure we balance the midfield with legs to support 

That's a good assessment of him tbh. He looks lazy/ lethargic as fuck at times but has the skill, and gets himself into goalscoring positions.

Need players with stamina and skill roundabout him though, and for a young guy he has to improve his fitness also. 

I said 2.5 mill, but 3 or 4 max at a push. 

9 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Price per years hahaha.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He’s exactly the type of player we need to build our midfield around. He’s a better version of Rogic, who won plenty with them. Same languid style, strong on the ball, able to pick a pass and score goals

So we have to pay £5 million for a player we have to expect will fail to contribute much of the time in the hope and expectation that we can sign other players who will have to carry him when he can't be bothered.   There is no doubt he has ability but the reason we have him on loan is probably due to Bayern realising he fails to contribute much of the time.  On Sunday he looked drained when he went off despite the fact he had actually done very little work on the park.  Obviously he did well scoring the second goal but his work-rate is abysmal in most games especially when he loses the ball.  For a player of his age he should have more energy and drive.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I think a lot of people don’t really take into account just how young and inexperienced he still is too. Things like his influence on games will only grow as he plays more games. I think he’s a no brainer of a signing.

5 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

That's a good assessment of him tbh. He looks lazy/ lethargic as fuck at times but has the skill, and gets himself into goalscoring positions.

Need players with stamina and skill roundabout him though, and for a young guy he has to improve his fitness also. 

I said 2.5 mill, but 3 or 4 max at a push. 

If the loan agreement is set at a purchase price of £5 million then that is what we will have to pay which is a sum I consider far too high with our limited budget.   We need to find better alternatives at better fees.   

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If the loan agreement is set at a purchase price of £5 million then that is what we will have to pay which is a sum I consider far too high with our limited budget.   We need to find better alternatives at better fees.   

Good luck with that with our scouts.

Some fans will be in for a big shock if we don't grab Tilman.

If that is the agreed fee then I don't think 6 million is completely out of the question for him based on what he is contributing, his age, his potential and how good, or bad, we have actually been this season.

The standard bearers for that kind of money up here at the moment is Kent and jota. 

He has more goals and assists than Kent does domestically and is brand new to the team and much younger. He's only 2/3 goals/assists off jota who is playing in a better team at the moment, already a regular fixture after being there a year and 3 years older.

34 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Do we actually have scouts??? 

I just baulk at the price of £5 million for a player we hope develops drive and energy.  He's basically an expensive project player when we need the finished article.   In games where he can't be bothered we need to have signed someone else to come off the bench.

23 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

People seem to want an all action, goal scoring, ball winning, assist providing, young, but experienced centre midfielder who is affordable but will still be able to be sold on for massive money…on our budget.

I admire people wanting the best for us, it’s what everybody should strive for, and no doubt some older posters especially will reel off a load of names from the past who maybe did fit all of that criteria, but the game has changed massively now. Finding a player like a Barry Ferguson who isn’t already at, or is already being eyed up by a top club, is very rare these days and even if you do the chances are they are already well beyond us financially too.

You’ll no doubt have people going “aye but celtic manage it” because they did well to get somebody like Hatate, but they won’t mention the 4 million punt at left back who can’t break into their team ahead of Greg Taylor.