So far, how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?

Bad Robot

how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. So far, how much would you pay for Malik Tillman?

• £2.0 Million
    • £2.5 Million
    • £3.0 Million
    • £3.5 Million
    • £4.0 Million
    • £4.5 Million
    • £5.0 Million
    • £5.5 Million
    • £6.0 Million
    • £6.5 Million
    • £7.0 Million
    • I wouldn’t sign him

45 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Scroll back a half dozen posts and i said it had fuck all to do with racism.
When i posted it i never even saw what you saw.
I feel like it's getting where people will walk a couple of miles to be offended at the OO walking past the end of a street.

Your post absolutely does have something to do with racism. 

It may not have intended to cause harm/offence, but I'd really struggle to comprehend how you could think that. Ignorance probably doesn't cover it when you're quoting a picture of two black men and talking about monkeys. 

I honestly struggle to understand why you would ever think that's a good idea, no matter the context of your point. 

The way that the board will look at this is can we expect to make money off this signing. I suspect the answer will be yes and so the funding will be made available.

He is a young lad and looks a cultured footballer. I would pay the reported 5M that Bayern are looking for but I expect the board to haggle a bit.

On 10/01/2023 at 17:27, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What's the point in all the different fee's??? We have agreed a fee and either need to pay it or not. 

The options should only be pay £6 million or don't, anything else is pointless. 

Is it really 6m? Offft he is a good player but 6m is a lot for potential. Would have to be a long contract to 1 get good use of him and 2 make a decent profit when selling on

4 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Is it really 6m? Offft he is a good player but 6m is a lot for potential. Would have to be a long contract to 1 get good use of him and 2 make a decent profit when selling on

I'm certain this figure was banded about when he joined as it would cost £10+ million to sign him and sands if we made them both permanent. For me that kind of money they should be tearing it up and they aren't..........so it's a no for me. 

The thing is we’ll have paid a fee for the loan, either upfront or monthly as well as paying a lot if not all of his wages, so it could be the agreed fee is lower than people think and there will be a future sell on. I doubt we’d sign a player and have an agreed fee we’d likely never be able to afford/justify because if he comes good and the fans love him wilson/the board would want to be able to sign him.

On 09/01/2023 at 18:54, OrangeRab said:

The timing is bad as 5-6 million might eat up half our transfer budget. But he’s only 20. So it’s not actually a huge amount when you consider you’re getting 13+ years for it. We paid 2 million for Colak who is 28. So age adjusted that’s about the same fee. And Tillman has sell on potential and a higher ceiling.  

Doubt we'll sign him on a 13 year contract to be fair 

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Certainly not worth the money that's been bandied around so far. 

So you want more like Jack and Lundstram..who are limited and offer little.

Tilman has bags of talent and will get better. Fill the squad with guys like the above and enjoy watching titles slip away. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

So you want more like Jack and Lundstram..who are limited and offer little.

Tilman has bags of talent and will get better. Fill the squad with guys like the above and enjoy watching titles slip away. 

Where did I say that???? 

I said Tillman isn't worth the money that's been bandied around, if it was half the price then I'd be all over it but £5.5/6 million is way too much for someone who drifts in and out a game. There's players out there for less that can do what Tillman is doing. 

Had seven or eight crucial passes today that opened them up and led to chances or should have done, had other players shown better quality. As well as being well involved overall. 

People seem to just refuse to see this stuff. 

Bear in mind this is a guy that's played very little high level football. He's a rookie. People also seem to refuse to recognise this. He's doing very well for one. I think if he was our own youth product people would look differently.