*****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He mostly is shite, that’s why. Wouldn’t get a sniff at our rivals and shouldn’t here really either. Acceptance of mediocrity (or worse) is a real problem at our club at the moment. He and a number of others are no where near consistently good enough.

That said, did well today, apart from whatever that fuck he was doing right at the end. 

It's not an acceptance of mediocrity. It's realism. For Scottish football he's a decent squad player.  Now I'd much rather have someone of much higher quality than him, but it's not as if we've millions of pounds to spend and players queuing up to play for us.

39 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Apart from anything else today I'm fucking finished going to Hampden,  it's the worst  stadium in world football, nightmare to get in and nightmare to get home, I fucking detest the place, midden. 

A dump

var debacle was a farce

the pitch was a disgrace 

that’s Scotland for you

8 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Got there in the end

McGregor and Barisic need to go before they cost us yet more trophies 

Would be asking McGregor to retire now get him of the wage bill and give him a job as a Goalie coach. What a fucking Goalkeeper he has been for us and a great career but you can see it now his age catching up with him and his bravery is not the way it used to be. He is now one of the weak links in the team, Needs dropped for McLaughlin now until the end of the season

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

It's not an acceptance of mediocrity. It's realism. For Scottish football he's a decent squad player.  Now I'd much rather have someone of much higher quality than him, but it's not as if we've millions of pounds to spend and players queuing up to play for us.

Aye decent for a Hearts or Hibs maybe, we need better.

29 minutes ago, left winger said:

Scott Wright deserves far more credit than he is ever given. He is a decent squad player who can do a job, sometimes a very effective one, coming on as sub, or away in Europe.

However, saying he's shite is much easier for a large part of our support.

He almost cost us near the end of the game. Should’ve went for the corner flag to waste time, but no. Lost the ball and those cunts went up and threatened our goal. Did well for our goal, but no, he’s not intelligent enough for me. 

34 minutes ago, left winger said:

Scott Wright deserves far more credit than he is ever given. He is a decent squad player who can do a job, sometimes a very effective one, coming on as sub, or away in Europe.

However, saying he's shite is much easier for a large part of our support.

Scott Wright gets credit when he does decent things and it’s not very often and he is rotten most of the time in between.

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Aye decent for a Hearts or Hibs maybe, we need better.

Tbh, if we’re to win the league the majority of the time, wins cups regularly and consistently be in the CL we need better players - 11 better players. Some of our first 11 would be good squad players for that, but nowhere near all of them.

However, until we’re minted and better players want to come he’s our level for a squad player. Today’s assist, his cup final goal and some decent performances in the EL last season confirm that.

But just say he’s pish 👍

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He almost cost us near the end of the game. Should’ve went for the corner flag to waste time, but no. Lost the ball and those cunts went up and threatened our goal. Did well for our goal, but no, he’s not intelligent enough for me. 

So he didn’t cost us at the end of the game 👍

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Scott Wright gets credit when he does decent things and it’s not very often and he is rotten most of the time in between.

The most grudging credit you can imagine, and as soon as he has a shit game there’s the usual pile on. As a support we always have a player, or two, who gets dog’s abuse.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

He’s only 20 ffs playing his first year of senior men’s football in a new league.

The guy is blessed with height, strength and balance. Yes his pressing might not be perfect. 

But his engine will get a lot better. And he’ll pack on a bit of muscle and improve his positioning.

It’s like looking at a good player for under 15s who’s made the step up early to the under 18s because he’s better than everyone else his age. Then writing him off because she’s smaller than the age group up

No writing him off mate, just stating facts. 

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fair enough mate but I don't agree. He hasn't played that many first team games at his age and he impressed me in the first half with his tracking back and tackling off the ball.

Yes he tracked back and stuck his foot in a few times.

Just think hes not suited to some games but do we carry him and continue to finush 2nd every season or ?

6 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Scott Wright is an upper mid table SPFL player.

No more than that.

Ask yourself, if we were to let him go for free tomorrow, who would take him? It would be Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs.

Giving the ball away in the manner he did in the 123rd minute is the reason he finds himself on the bench more often. He has tremendous skills, but his football brain lets him down at times.

25 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Got there in the end

McGregor and Barisic need to go before they cost us yet more trophies 

McGregor made about 3 decent saves that won us the match, he can't do much if Barasic doesn't want to run and Davies doesn't want to mark his man.  

2 hours ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Haha I was tense as fuck too. I would have argued with the dug if he could speak. Apologies :lol:

No apology necessary :lol: see you again on 26th Feb most definitely, and Wednesday probably :thumbup: