Completely on the manager

hammer93

Beale completely fucked it with both his team selection and then his subs / timing of them

That said, I hope to never see Kamara in a Rangers top again, I’d happily let Lundstram go if we can get a fee for him and I’d be absolutely delighted if we replaced Tav with someone who might not be as good in terms of technique etc, but who has better decision making

Their 2nd goal came from him playing a pass into the middle of the park instead of running up the line with the ball (when he had a yard head start on Maeda)

21 minutes ago, Jelavic18 said:

"Michael Beale said he was bringing in 2 starters.  Not "squad players", starters.  He starts without them but when Raskin and Cantwell come on, the team lifted their level.  The manager will have to explain that one because that was a final there to be won"

Don't think I could put it any better myself 👏

Who was saying that?

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Surprised none of us seen it coming, what with many below par performances of late. 

"All that matters is winning". So what happens now?

Surprised they never feared us today given we were unbeaten in 13

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We tried pressing them in game at Ibrox and they tore us to shreds for 35 minutes.

If you think Lundstram, Jack, Kamara have the fitness levels or attitude to play high pressing football for even 70 minutes then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

We need to get away from this two-defensive midfield setup. It is clearly not working. Hoping to absorb celtic pressure and score on the counter is madness and a defeatist attitude.

The jury is still out on this appointment for me, especially after today’s selection. 
i sincerely hope he doesn’t turn out to be the new mark warburton, talking a good game, like a swanky car dealer from down south. You have to have the minerals to back it up son, at the moment you’re sadly falling short in the area’s where it counts. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

We need to get away from this two-defensive midfield setup. It is clearly not working. Hoping to absorb celtic pressure and score on the counter is madness and a defeatist attitude.

It should never be used in any games in Scottish football , Kamara and Lundstram are not the way forward , hopefully both are gone in the summer.

50 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Changing the midfield 3 in one swoop was bizarre, but we did seem to play better for it.

Bizarre?.....the way they were playing. His biggest folly was not changing them for the start of the second half but rather waiting until the 61 minute.

Fooking blind man could see the midfield was shit... and don't start me on Kent..:furious:

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Nonsense. Sitting off celtic is asking for trouble and the reason we lost. When you press them, players like Starfelt make mistakes. Our fitness levels are back to where they were last year and the year before. And besides, that's why you utilize your bench. The tactics and two defensive midfielders were the problems. Too much respect is given.

This is absolute pish.

Nothing says to me that we have the energy to match theirs. From minute 1 or minute 90. It is night and day compared to last year. Tactically we had issues but nobody won their individual battles - nobody. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We do the same against other teams, it’s not just Celtic.

Bar mibbe Hearts, we’ve not played pressing football since Beale returned.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Beale completely fucked it with both his team selection and then his subs / timing of them

That said, I hope to never see Kamara in a Rangers top again, I’d happily let Lundstram go if we can get a fee for him and I’d be absolutely delighted if we replaced Tav with someone who might not be as good in terms of technique etc, but who has better decision making

Their 2nd goal came from him playing a pass into the middle of the park instead of running up the line with the ball (when he had a yard head start on Maeda)

I would need to see that again as can't recall that, but thought Tav had a very good game overall today. Defensively he was very good overall and dealt with both Maeda and Jota when they switched well.

Great pass in behind Taylor to Sakala, great ball across the box that Carter Vickers put out for a corner, great free kick for Morelos' goal etc.

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

This is absolute pish.

Nothing says to me that we have the energy to match theirs. From minute 1 or minute 90. It is night and day compared to last year. Tactically we had issues but nobody won their individual battles - nobody. 

Who do you think was the better team and the stronger team in the second half? (other than the few breakaways at the end)

We matched their energy. You would think we got beat by five the way some talk. It was the starting midfield that was wrong.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We do the same against other teams, it’s not just Celtic.

Bar mibbe Hearts, we’ve not played pressing football since Beale returned.

Mate, that makes it even worse that we play defensive against others in Scotland. We need a different approach.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Who do you think was the better team and the stronger team in the second half? (other than the few breakaways at the end)

We matched their energy. You would think we got beat by five the way some talk. It was the starting midfield that was wrong.

Agreed. Though essentially he just needed to start Raskin. 

Playing Tillman was correct, and I wouldn't have necessarily started Jack over one of either Lundstram or Kamara, those three are a much of a muchness.

Thought Tav was v good today tbf to him. 

Blame on Beale for not starting Raskin. Other than that. We would ship some amount of goals if we try to go at them with a high line from minute one. Goldson and Davis lining up just inside our own half would get us a bit more possession. But mental how folks don’t think we would be exploited with their pace behind and guys like Hatate able to exploit it. We have a keeper that literally can’t move ffs. 

Trust in Beale that if/when we get a mobile keeper. And some fresh legs in midfield that are young, fit, can press and run off the ball. Then we can start to play a style closer to theirs next season. 

just got to be honest that we don’t have the players to do it at the moment. Our moment in the game was the second half when they tire. A combination of not taking our chances, getting the break of the ball and quality. 

Beale takes the blame for Raskin not starting and subs. But honestly don’t think the flow of the game would have been too different

Beale shat the bed today by trying to contain them and sneak a goal. 

He talks about playing to players strengths yet favours the weakness of Kamara and what he offers (actually fuck all)

we don’t have players to win a battle 

seeing Wright come on made my fucking piss boil  and Colak is a lump of wood who can’t fight, run or jump   

I’m fucking raging 😡 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Agreed. Though essentially he just needed to start Raskin. 

Playing Tillman was correct, and I wouldn't have necessarily started Jack over one of either Lundstram or Kamara, those three are a much of a muchness.

Tillman for him being so poor gets a bit of leeway from me for the fact if the two mida behind him are not lazy bastards then he can actually stay in areas that are dangerous for us and force the tarriers into worrying about him

Because of how shite, lazy and downright fucking abysmal kamara and lundstram were, tillman both doesn't see enough of the ball in the dangerous areas and is having to work more off the ball taking him away from the places he can do damage

Tillman in the ten role is supposed to link the midfield 2 to the striker, someone who can play between the lines, pick the ball up and link with morelos and ghost into the box with late runs to find the pockets of space

Instead he has to spend most of his time and energy goalside of the ball because kamara and Lundstram couldnt be fucking arsed today 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Team selection is on beale but the fitness levels are on the previous manager. We where not fit enough to go 90mins at a intensity that's the criminal thing for me. 

He's had two months with them, fitness after 15mins shouldn't be an issue whatsoever