Completely on the manager

hammer93

If ever there was a game to pick your strongest team this was it. I can't understand the midfield selection today. 

We have improved under Beale but some of our shakier performances have come when he has tried to rotate or do something different with the side. He has admitted as much in the pressers but did it again today. On recent form there can't be a justification for playing Kamara or Lundstrum who have been shocking all season. We are at a crossroads as a side, and the only way out will be not go with 'favourites' but to go with those on form. 

There are fine margins in games. We were not awful today but it's yet another one they have won and they are closing in on our trophies. My own view is we are still suffering from not investing after 55. They made some innovative moves in the transfer market and it worked for them. 

8 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

If ever there was a game to pick your strongest team this was it. I can't understand the midfield selection today. 

We have improved under Beale but some of our shakier performances have come when he has tried to rotate or do something different with the side. He has admitted as much in the pressers but did it again today. On recent form there can't be a justification for playing Kamara or Lundstrum who have been shocking all season. We are at a crossroads as a side, and the only way out will be not go with 'favourites' but to go with those on form. 

There are fine margins in games. We were not awful today but it's yet another one they have won and they are closing in on our trophies. My own view is we are still suffering from not investing after 55. They made some innovative moves in the transfer market and it worked for them. 

He played it safe and went with the thinking of Kamara and Lundstram doing a job like in previous seasons. They haven't been anywhere near it and should have went with his best 11.