*****The Official Scum v Rangers Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Wouldn’t expect to see the errors by Davies and Souttar at Sunday league. Was actually embarrassing in all honesty for a professional footballer to make those two decisions 

Sub par players like them are always going to do that🤢

Today really highlighted what we need to sort going forward. Our front 3 didn’t cause them any real problems from open play.

Yet again we get ourselves into good counter attacking positions and thanks to poor decision making / ability we don’t even get a shot away.

Morelos - not going to be the player he once was for us

Kent - doesn’t contribute enough and consistently in the wrong place / makes the wrong decision

Sakala - not good enough to be a starting regular

Wright - at present only thing going for him is he is home grown

Colak - think the fact we are chasing the game and it takes so long for him to come on tells us what Beal thinks about him

Roofe - can’t be relied on

We need to get a new front line & backups as that is our real weakness

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Wouldn’t expect to see the errors by Davies and Souttar at Sunday league. Was actually embarrassing in all honesty for a professional footballer to make those two decisions 

I went to see a horrific QPR yesterday who are about to get relegated to League One.

Their defence was better than ours today.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

In a way I’m glad Walter isn’t around to see how bad this Rangers team is

That's what's wrong, there's no one at the club with the mindset he had towards our club, all we've got now is folk that are mostly out their depth in most departments.

4 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Don't talk utter shite ya insane mong. Beales developing a pattern in games against the filth. Hope you enjoy watching them collect yet another trophy. It's blind optimism like that pish that's costing us. He loses again at Hampden you'll be in the blind faith minority. Daft cunt. 

We rarely win there. Today we competed far better and lost due a Clancy cheating by ruling out our opener and two defensive howlers.

Today the blame lies with those 3 not Tav or Beale. It's not optimism its realism. Beale fully deserved criticism for the last Hampden game, not for today.

But you're childlike so it's a grown up debate you don't understand. 

1 minute ago, rossco87 said:

Today really highlighted what we need to sort going forward. Our front 3 didn’t cause them any real problems from open play.

Yet again we get ourselves into good counter attacking positions and thanks to poor decision making / ability we don’t even get a shot away.

Morelos - not going to be the player he once was for us

Kent - doesn’t contribute enough and consistently in the wrong place / makes the wrong decision

Sakala - not good enough to be a starting regular

Wright - at present only thing going for him is he is home grown

Colak - think the fact we are chasing the game and it takes so long for him to come on tells us what Beal thinks about him

Roofe - can’t be relied on

We need to get a new front line & backups as that is our real weakness

None of those listed above are good enough mate.  Replacing them with quality costs a lot of money that we don't have.

6 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Alfie's goal stands...that's a different game today

Clancy/Walsh...ya pair o cheating cnuts

Agree. I'll take a bit of shite for this but I can SLIGHTLY cut Walsh some slack because under the VAR remit it has to be a clear and obvious error from the referee on the pitch for VAR to ask him to have a look at it. That said I think that Clancy should have been asked to look at it again.

Defence fucked the game though. Goldson plays today and we win. Davies was shocking but Souttar had a decent game for 99% of it with the 1% obviously being that 1 attempted pass back and another pass that went astray in the second half which went unpunished. I hope our fans realise how much game time Souttar has had which gives him a bit of an out. I think he probably fucked the pass but he also maybe thought that McGregor was in a more advanced position and only games together will help him build up that understanding.

Just now, GA1972 said:

I’d be unleashing hell on useless shite like Kent, Jack and Davies if I was Tav in that dressing room today 

Tav obviously done well today with 2 goals but he’s part of our defensive problems. He’s too weak and has had his arse handed to him by celtic wingers for far too long. 

59 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Souttar error is bad but you see them happen 

Ben Davies one though, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that before. If I done something that utterly incompetent in my job I’d be out the door sharpish 

Soutar and Davies are a legacy of our worst summer transfer window since Pedro was singing Pena and Herrera 

Never agreed with the narrative that they are miles ahead, they do the basics better than us and don't have to carry as many players 

The problem is I don't necessarily trust Beale/Wilson to make the decisions in the summer that we need

And we're now backed into a corner where if we lose at the end of the month the pressure on Beale (right or wrong) will be massive already.

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

No but he needs to do something different and starting players who have continually let us down isn't the way to do it. Neither is sitting on your hands to make a sub. He should have made some proactive changes but waited till we had fucked up.

Did you see our bench?

Lundstram, Colak, Wright, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi. Who would you have started?

He couldn't have set the team up any better today. Individual quality is what let us down.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We rarely win there.

Perhaps I'm older but I can remember us going to the knewcamp and winning pretty regularly. Course our players never shat themselves in those days at the sight of a Savco jersey or 60 000 inbreds. We silenced them.