Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

3 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

We don't replace Tav with anyone nearly as effective without spending multi millions.  He's earned the right to be here until the end of his career.  That doesn't mean we don't look at when that might be and developing an alternative, but if he had "more" he simply wouldn't still be here.  He is by far the best right back in the league over a long period of time, with assists and goals off the charts for a man who plays where he plays.  He has not delivered success as a captain, but that is a different conversation.  As a player, he is currently irreplaceable.  That doesn't mean he has to play every game, but he is 100% going to be part of our future.

Thats exactly the reason we have serial losers mentality and our captain has 2 of 15 potential trophies since we regain top flight status.

7 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

I can’t work out if John Bennetts statement re Wilson’s legacy being The Training Centre & Women’s Team are a subtle fuk you to Wilson or a cheap shot at the fanbase. 

Think it's just another example of him being out of touch 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The only one of the back five who should be guaranteed a start next season is Goldson. I know he divides opinion on here, but we are a better side when he’s in it and with the deal he has and the relationship he has with the manager he isn’t going anywhere, so there’s no point of people going on about it. 

Think we need a keeper, a proper successor for Tav who can start to play games next season with an eye to becoming first choice the season after, a centre back who’s less flakey than Davies is and a left back too because I know Borna isn’t the long term answer and I’m not entirely convinced that Yilmaz is either.

I just will never think of Goldson without seeing him watch that cross roll post him in Seville. Biggest moment of his career and he bottled it.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

I just will never think of Goldson without seeing him watch that cross roll post him in Seville. Biggest moment of his career and he bottled it.

Or duck of the way of the ball v the hivs.

Another chancer he needs chased. Given a 4 year contract at 30 🙈.

WBA is his level if lucky.

Shows the generation of the posters that back him imo if they see him as a proper Rangers cb.

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Shows the geberation of the posters that back him imo if they see him as a proper Rangers cb.

What generation? You were born in the mid 80s

34 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Shows the generation of the posters that back him imo if they see him as a proper Rangers cb.

If you are the age you say you are then you are the same “generation” as I am :lol:

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If you are the age you say you are then you are the same “generation” as I am :lol:

🎣

Cmon, trying to brighten it up and i caught a few.

On hindsight, we need better than goldson if we are to dominate in Scotland.

From European finalists, we have regressed so badly.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Thats exactly the reason we have serial losers mentality and our captain has 2 of 15 potential trophies since we regain top flight status.

You mean the guy who nearly dragged us to a result on Saturday?

Bad recruitment isn’t on Tav.

13 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

🎣

Cmon, trying to brighten it up and i caught a few.

On hindsight, we need better than goldson if we are to dominate in Scotland.

From European finalists, we have regressed so badly.

Who do you like/want, mate? You don't like Tillman; you don't like Goldson.

And please, don't say Ian Ferguson or John Brown types. I'm older than you and even I know that's not how the game is played anymore. 

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

We don't replace Tav with anyone nearly as effective without spending multi millions.  He's earned the right to be here until the end of his career.  That doesn't mean we don't look at when that might be and developing an alternative, but if he had "more" he simply wouldn't still be here.  He is by far the best right back in the league over a long period of time, with assists and goals off the charts for a man who plays where he plays.  He has not delivered success as a captain, but that is a different conversation.  As a player, he is currently irreplaceable.  That doesn't mean he has to play every game, but he is 100% going to be part of our future.

No player has earned the right to be here and play until the end of their career. That’s sentimental nonsense.

I’m a massive Tav fan, he’s been a great player for us, but he turns 32 relatively early into next season. Any club that’s good at succession planning, which we haven’t been, should already have one eye on identifying a successor who can be integrated into the team over the next year or so, with them eventually becoming the first choice.