*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And in the end, they lost again. 

Largely the same group of players that have won 2 trophies out of 14 domestic trophies available. 

Night and day comparing the Europa to the league. You can fluke a cup, you need to consistently win over the course of a season to become champions. This group has done that 1 time out of 5. 

Its acceptable now supposedly...

15 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Think they'll come after us today which should help us a bit

1-2

It is a strange situation indeed when teams that set out with the intention of beating us tend to end up on the wrong side of a spanking. No doubt that Sheepie will come at us today, their recent form and a supposed sell out home crowd will drive them on, but as we know, we have the players that can cause damage when not faced with the proverbial parked bus. As I said in an earlier post, a good test of our teams mentality today, even though the league is gone, will our guys be up for the fight, as it will be, today?

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

It is a strange situation indeed when teams that set out with the intention of beating us tend to end up on the wrong side of a spanking. No doubt that Sheepie will come at us today, their recent form and a supposed sell out home crowd will drive them on, but as we know, we have the players that can cause damage when not faced with the proverbial parked bus. As I said in an earlier post, a good test of our teams mentality today, even though the league is gone, will our guys be up for the fight, as it will be, today?

That's why I'm thinking we'll pump them, they're going to come at us with this new manager bounce and form that they've been in, and it plays into the way Michael Beale wants.

10 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

That's why I'm thinking we'll pump them, they're going to come at us with this new manager bounce and form that they've been in, and it plays into the way Michael Beale wants.

Whilst I hope, as you say, we pump them (something bothers me about pumping sheep mind you) a win, good performance and positive attitude with a mind to next Sunday is what we should be looking for today.

3 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

I may be wrong, but I do not believe that bookings in league games carry on to the Cup. Or is it bookings in the Cup to not carry on to the league?:hmmm:

Red cards, the likes of which Morelos has seen a few classed as violent or serious foul play up there, would rule a player out next weekend.