*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

37 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s just back from injury 🤷‍♂️

He’s just turned 17 and hopefully his time will come and soon.

We’ll need Morelos for cup semi so hopefully he bags a goal or two tomorrow and goes into Hampden with a bit of form behind him.

This is where we go wrong, we have already been let down all season by serial losers, same supects and morelos was indeed one of them with a pish attitude.

Id rather go down fighting with our future than our past.

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

So you are writing us off in the cup semi before we even take the field. 

We shoild have beat them at Ibrox in Jan but for Beale going ultra defensive for lastc15 minutes. LC final, again Beale gsme them too much respect in first half but we matched tgem second half, although game was lost by then. 

The last game but for a couple of terrible refereeing decisions and 2 defensive errors we could have won that game. 

To describe our players as serial losers is the type of language I expect from tarriers not our own fans. 

Should, could etc

Soundbites

10 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

This is where we go wrong, we have already been let down all season by serial losers, same supects and morelos was indeed one of them with a pish attitude.

Id rather go down fighting with our future than our past.

So you’d rather play a player who is nowhere near ready for the first-team? I’d rather we played the strongest team available

Anyone else heading upto Aberdeen today?

Feels mad being able to wake up, chill out and plan where I'm going for my breakfast before the bus rather than being in a mad rush flying out the door at the back of 7 with one eye barely open. This must be how fans of the diddy clubs feel when they go to an away game 😄

4-1 Rangers btw 

A test of character for the players today. Given that any chance of the Title is gone it will be interesting to see if the team is up for the fight that is coming there way this afternoon from an on form Sheepie. Whilst this game, and the remaining league games are dead rubbers, at least we still have the small matter of next Sunday in mind when it comes to motivation. A lot of noise is coming from the Mutton Molestors about this game, how nice it would be to shut them up and give us a good platform for the Semi Final.

3-2 Gers given that our defence is not exactly watertight at the moment.

5 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Players need to be up for a battle today

The sheep will be right up for it as always in one of their 4 biggest games of their season.

They have the chance to beat us and be almost the final nail in the league campaign, and to impact on semi final if they can injure us or cause suspensions. There's lots of incentives there that they'll be more than happy to make the most of.

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

After the cup semi we’ll have 4 league games to experiment, that’s the time to see what anyone from B team can do.

5 naw? 

or I take it you’re taking the Ibrox game against them into account in which we’ll play full strength.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

I may be wrong, but I do not believe that bookings in league games carry on to the Cup. Or is it bookings in the Cup to not carry on to the league?:hmmm:

I don't think league bookings affect the cup but a straight red for something like violent conduct would??? A bit of a guess on my part as well. @The Dude what's the rules mate? 

16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I don't think league bookings affect the cup but a straight red for something like violent conduct would??? A bit of a guess on my part as well. @The Dude what's the rules mate? 

Yellows are fine, reds would need to be violent conduct/serious foul play etc otherwise it’s league only

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Largely the same group of players were one kick away from being arguably the most celebrated Scottish side in 50 years

And in the end, they lost again. 

Largely the same group of players that have won 2 trophies out of 14 domestic trophies available. 

Night and day comparing the Europa to the league. You can fluke a cup, you need to consistently win over the course of a season to become champions. This group has done that 1 time out of 5.