General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Dykes is one of those massively unappealing links who you think might do a job, but still hold out hope for someone much better.

We are going to massively miss out on the physicality that Morelos offers when he goes, and Dykes would replace that.

I do think we should really be going for someone a bit more in the Defoe mould though. Tricky and nimble with a lethal finish. Not sure if the Maja links are still going, but he could be decent.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Just because Beale managed him at QPR is no good reason to suggest that he wants him at Ibrox.

We need someone of greater quality. 

It is when Beale has publicly said there will be a clear link to the majority of his signings as being people he knows or has worked with before.

We’ve been linked with Dykes on and off for 3 years now. Even if we don’t sign him, it’s clear that we have an interest of some sort or have him on a shortlist.

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

This isn't a rumour or a link. Just interested to hear people's thoughts on Dele Alli?

Look up “waster” in the dictionary and there’s a picture of Dele Alli.

Not even Rangers would be stupid enough to sign him.

Dykes would be good enough to help us beat "the rest" and claim second spot.

That's obviously not good enough, but if 2nd and a shot at the CL group stages is the best we can hope for in the next season or two I'll accept it. 

IF the CL money is spent on the squad and not on fucking court cases.

3 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Dykes would be good enough to help us beat "the rest" and claim second spot.

That's obviously not good enough, but if 2nd and a shot at the CL group stages is the best we can hope for in the next season or two I'll accept it. 

IF the CL money is spent on the squad and not on fucking court cases.

wtf

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Our defence has failed time and time again and is crying out for a radical overhaul. If we go into next season with Tav, Goldson and Barisic as three of our back four then we won’t win anything. 

Tav & Goldson aren’t going anywhere due to their contracts so that leaves Borna as the odd man out. Sell while we can still get something for him. 

Goldson we could get money for.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

wtf

It's about managing expectations to avoid disapointment.

We spent beyond our means to stop the 10 and whilst that was the right thing to do, we are still paying for it.

If spending wisely in the next two seasons means we're more likely to come 2nd than 1st, I take it. If it means we can then mount a serious challenge on all future titles

Just now, RoboBearToo said:

We spent beyond our means to stop the 10 and whilst that was the right thing to do, we are still paying for it.

If spending wisely in the next two seasons means we're more likely to come 2nd than 1st, I take it. If it means we can then mount a serious challenge on all future titles

That last line is fucking pathetic and wrong on so many levels.

Since we front loaded 55 we have reached the Champions League group stages, reached a European final and broke our player sales record twice.

2 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said: