General Transfer Talk

Broxi

8 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You're a liar if you say you'd rather play football for any championship side over fenerbahce. Regardless of the surrounding areas I'm sure rich folk have nice places to stay, always fucking warm and passionate fans. If he fails then so be it but it's a better league than ours and the championship. 

Who cares? 

22 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You're a liar if you say you'd rather play football for any championship side over fenerbahce. Regardless of the surrounding areas I'm sure rich folk have nice places to stay, always fucking warm and passionate fans. If he fails then so be it but it's a better league than ours and the championship. 

Because there’s no such thing as passionate fans in England

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Thought with Leeds going down they might show some interest? 

Like others say though. 30k/week or £15k..... However back yourself in the English championship and he could have a decent money move in 6/12mths.

Or if he continues to be shite he gets overpaid again for another few years or until the Turks hunt him out.

Bielsa wanted Kent. Leeds had no interest after they fired Bielsa.

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Thought with Leeds going down they might show some interest? 

Like others say though. 30k/week or £15k..... However back yourself in the English championship and he could have a decent money move in 6/12mths.

Or if he continues to be shite he gets overpaid again for another few years  2 weeks or until the Turks hunt him out.

Fixed that mate, knowing how Turkish teams  usually work

30 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Don’t think passionate fans is a motivating factor for him 

I don’t think it is for 99.9% of footballers. It’s a lovely wee platitude dished out to curry favour with supporters of a (usually) new club for a player. Money, trophies and/or lifestyle are what motivate players generally - you’ll also get the odd few who want to play for a club for sentimental reasons 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I can see the appeal in either tbh. Depends what you're after.

I don't fancy his chances in Turkey, but I don't get folk that say he's a waster or whatever going to Fenerbahce. It's a big club in a decent league where he'll be well paid in surroundings that I can see appealing to alot of people. 

Equally could see a Championship club being of appeal to others.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What’s the point? Good chance you go over, get fucked over on your wages and spend more trying to recoup what you’re owed. 

Dont follow the league well enough to know but surely that doesn't happen at the big 3-5 and is only a problem the lower down you go?

7 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Dont follow the league well enough to know but surely that doesn't happen at the big 3-5 and is only a problem the lower down you go?

Sure it was reported as happening at Fenherbachce last year with Ozil