Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

16 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

This squad should have been broken up and changed after 55. Hindsight is a great thing, but you change from a position of strength.

There has always been a soft underbelly in this squad when the going gets tough.

And by tough, I mean winning Finals, semi finals, bottling title races in February.

Namely Tavernier, Goldson, Arfield, Davis, Kent, Morelos, Barasic, Jack to name a few have all been part of the major fuck ups and let downs of the last 5 years.

I've always thought if we had a last day of season to win league I'd really not fancy us. As it happens we haven't realistically had a chance any time past the split in the ones we lost anyway, which is fucking disgraceful.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I watch the premier league too :lol:

Shows how the captaincy role has changed, everyone knew when it was Gerrard, Keane, Viera, Terry etc.

It has and I don't actually think tav is a bad modern day captain. It takes balls to take pressure pens and he always trys tbf just we need a change.

No.  Not worth it.  At times, Tav has left a lot to be desired, but you could say the same for all his teammates. Not worth the hassle giving it for example to Goldson, for the friction it might cause against the benefits it might reap, which I don't think would be any. 

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

It has and I don't actually think tav is a bad modern day captain. It takes balls to take pressure pens and he always trys tbf just we need a change.

Like all of that until the needing to change part.

I do understand the frustration though, I just don't think there's a benefit in changing unless we're selling him. Keeping him and naming someone else captain is a recipe for disaster.

There is no Barry Ferguson type player/personality to hand it over to.

2 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Although Tav's numbers are very good as a player his leadership has been poor imo, he has been here a few years now and all we have is the 55 championship and a cup under his leadership, whether we win the SC or not i reckon its time to hand the captaincy to someone stronger for next season. This isnt a knee jerk reaction to yesterday , we have won very little unter Tav and things need to change.

Who do you think should be our Captain?

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think its less about the captaincy and more about the general mentality of the squad and unfortunately 55 and the Europa Final were blips in what is a team of serial losers. I think Bassey had a massive part to play in the fight and drive during the run in Europe last year and we replaced him with Davies. Too many have been here too long and lost too many times to that lot and dropped points against the rest of the teams in the league.

Tavs numbers would be hard to replace but I feel we are at that point where difficult decisions need to be made for the good of the squad and club going forward

Bassed almost single handely dragged us to a europa league final.

Yet had some clowns on here still on j8s case 🙈

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Borna and king are much worse

Borna and him are asbad as each other. Ive called borna shitebag out again on here for upto 2 years now.

Tav is a wigan athletic right back, whos overstayed his welcome as captain. The clubs outgrown him now and dilly dally goldson.

Well if you want to win league titles and domestic cups that is.

Continue as you are, rinse, repeat, etc