Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

Personally think he's really grown as a leader.

His performances, including yesterday, are far from our problem.

He seems universally respected amongst the squad and he's a good ambassador for us off the park.

Changing the captain particularly whilst he's still a first choice player will do absolutely fuck all except cause problems.

11 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

He has won next to fuck all since being captain, he doesnt seem vocal enough on the park and moans at every cunt when he fucks up.

So who would you appoint in the team who has won more?

Tav has been shite this season. However, he has won silverware, has captained us to a major European final whilst being our most influential player and generally seems to be the most vocal player on the park. He also doesn't miss games and seems to be quite popular as well as (like it or not) a hall of famer. Who is a better option?

No disrespect but I sometimes feel we play Rangers bingo after a bad result and go to the same people to point the finger at.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tav has been shite this season. However, he has won silverware, has captained us to a major European final whilst being our most influential player and generally seems to be the most vocal player on the park. He also doesn't miss games and seems to be quite popular as well as (like it or not) a hall of famer. Who is a better option?

No disrespect but I sometimes feel we play Rangers bingo after a bad result and go to the same people to point the finger at.

Basically leaves McGregor or Davis and that can fuck right off. 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I personally would prefer Goldson, comes across as someone who doesnt take shit, Tav as a player i love as a captain he doesnt do it for me.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Personally think he's really grown as a leader.

His performances, including yesterday, are far from our problem.

He seems universally respected amongst the squad and he's a good ambassador for us off the park.

Changing the captain particularly whilst he's still a first choice player will do absolutely fuck all except cause problems.

I get what your saying, however ive followed Rangers, with Greig, Butcher, Gough & Fergie etc as captains and they were real leaders who didnt take any shit, Tavs like a kitten compared to them.

You can't have threads like 'gutless, spineless, clueless... and exclude the captain from all of that. He is a major part of the problem.

As the above poster said, he is a tremendous ambassador for the club, but on the park, he has let us down a lot.

If we are having a major overhaul, it starts with changing the captaincy. Tavernier will be here as a player for the next few years, so I have to accept that because I doubt anyone would take on his contract.

I know that removing the armband from him will never happen.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

You can't have threads like 'gutless, spineless, clueless... and exclude the captain from all of that. He is a major part of the problem.

As the above poster said, he is a tremendous ambassador for the club, but on the park, he has let us down a lot.

If we are having a major overhaul, it starts with changing the captaincy. Tavernier will be here as a player for the next few years, so I have to accept that because I doubt anyone would take on his contract.

I agree with everything apart from doubting anyone would buy him. A right back that's scored 100 goals would be a must have for championship/lower premier league clubs.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Nail on head.