Team for the rest of the season

Makes absolutely no sense to paly a team full of youths when there are players going to be here next season but I do agree they should be integrated into the team. It's disappointing that Gio saw how well a near team of youth players did against Hearts and then gave none of them a chance the following season but I think the right players at the right time could come in. Would have no hesitation stickign a young winger out on a flank and maybe even starting one of the strikers. With the right players around them they can learn from the experience.

4 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

No Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Sakala or Barisic would be a start 

He should definitely be focusing on the players who want to be here now, and the ones who will be here long term. 

League and cups are done, 2nd place is cemented, we should be seeing if the rest of the squad are capable from now until the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Roond ye. Yer obessions rotten.

Sphelling and still on a big salary eh 😎🤣

Goldson, Tav and Tillman are all on bigger salaries than you so why should they care what you think 

Need to use this time to be crystal clear on who is good enough to be a squad player or starting player. So the manager knows who to move on and/or replace either this window or subsequent ones.

We can’t afford any more “McLaughlin is fine to be number one next year”. Then find out he’s pish and have to play a 41 year old. 

Can Souttar play a run of games injury free, can he play lcb? How good is he and can he be relied upon as 3rd choice Cb next year?

How good is Hagi after his injury?

How good is Matondo and will he improve with a run of games or will he never make it here?

Is McCrorie good enough to be back up keeper?

What stage are Lowry and Devine at? 

Is Yilmaz good enough to be first choice LB?

These are all just basic but key things we need to use this time for. Along with potential new formations or position switches.

On 30/04/2023 at 17:56, ForeverAndEver said:

Play McCrorie, Devine, Yilmaz, Lowry and give King and Rice some games too

If we see Devine it'll likely be at left back, or from the bench,I don't see Beale benching Tav. We need to see Souttar play too, see what he's like with a run of games in him, which may limit Kings minutes unless Goldson is dropped. 

Would like to see Lovelace too, simply because I don't want to ever see Morelos or Sakala lead the line for us again. 

22 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Anyone know when Tom Lawrence is suppose to be fit? Hopefully be like a new signing when he's back 

Not heard however just hope to fek he’s on schedule, doesn’t suffer any more setbacks and returns similar to a standard to when he left us.  

20 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Anyone know when Tom Lawrence is suppose to be fit? Hopefully be like a new signing when he's back 

Towards the end of preseason, probably take a good few months after that before he's up to speed.

57 minutes ago, donegal_ger said:

Towards the end of preseason, probably take a good few months after that before he's up to speed.

Ridiculous tbh. Swear he will be out for pretty much as long as hagi was? No idea what the problem is but didn't think it was a big serious injury like an ACL. Still think we need to find better back room staff!

4 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Ridiculous tbh. Swear he will be out for pretty much as long as hagi was? No idea what the problem is but didn't think it was a big serious injury like an ACL. Still think we need to find better back room staff!

Best to completely forget about him and when hes back its a nice bonus

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Fucked his Achilles iirc which does have a very long recovery time

On 30/04/2023 at 19:35, shaka said:

Barcelona just gave a debut to a 15 year old.... we seem to have this irrational fear of playing youth players.  Give them a chance and who knows they might succeed.

Absolutely, it is a good thing that the likes of Willie Henderson, Derek Johnstone were not coming through now since they would have no chance of any game time. In the 59,s and 60,s 16 and 17 year olds came into the team and became legends and when you take into account the vast increase in nutrition, health and conditioning of modern day teenagers who are probably the equivalent of 23/24 year olds then it is crazy that our youth are protected to the point of never being tested. I imagine Mbappe  being told he was too young to be thrown into the two team backwater league that we play,

Anyone going at the end of the season doesn't play for the club again, really is that simple!

Want to see minutes for Lowry, Lovelace, McCrorie, Rice etc..

And big experimentations with formations and tactics that under normal circumstances would be unfeasible.

Get the wheels in motion for ingoing and outgoings rolling now and look to next season but in the meantime use these 5 games wisely.

I don't think it's realistic to play 11 kids but I'd definitely be prioritising Souttar, Yilmaz, Lowry (if he's in a good enough place emotionally), Matondo and Lovelace over the next five games, including the tim game, along with the four we can say for guarantee will be regulars next season (Cantwell, Raskin, Goldson and Tavernier), if McCrorie is fit I'd give him game time too, work around those principles and give ourselves a chance to see who can realistically offer us what.

54 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Anyone going at the end of the season doesn't play for the club again, really is that simple!

Want to see minutes for Lowry, Lovelace, McCrorie, Rice etc..

And big experimentations with formations and tactics that under normal circumstances would be unfeasible.

Get the wheels in motion for ingoing and outgoings rolling now and look to next season but in the meantime use these 5 games wisely.

Agree with the rest of what you've said but you also need to give game time to players you want to sell to boost their value hopefully. Nobody will buy players if they're not showing anything. 

McCrorie 

Tavernier Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

Raskin 

Lowry            Hagi 

Cantwell     Colak/Lovelace    Matondo 

I’d go with something like that, gives us a chance to see if Ridvan and Souttar can be starters going forward or if it’s another 2 positions for us to fill and the same with McCrorie who didn’t put a foot wrong last time he was called upon. I’d give King some minutes alongside Goldson as well, he didn’t impress me at all earlier this season but he was playing next to Sands for most of it (still doesn’t excuse getting your pants pulled down by Stevie May) 

I want to see more of Hagi, I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that he’s finished after the injury. He was already slow and it can’t have helped, he’s also someone Beale loves and we’ve barely seen him since he got back. Rice needs to be getting game time in midfield as well 

Matondo is going to be part of the squad going forward because we can’t get rid of him so we’re as well giving him a chance to see if he can be a useful squad player as much as none of us can see that happening 

McCrorie/McGregor

Tavernier/Devine  Goldson  Souttar/King   Barasic/Yilmaz

Lundstram/Jack

Raskin                    Cantwell/Lowry

Sakala/Hagi                                                    Matondo/Youth

Colak/Youth

Second options should all get a couple of appearances at least of the bench before the end of season.

51 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Hagi’s not lost his touch anyway, that ball he brought down was a thing of beauty.

Gut feeling is selling him and replacing with someone like Dowell is a mis-step.

For every touch like that he has a game like that one against Dundee Utd.

Mccrorie

Tav    Goldson     Souttar     Ridvan

Hagi (in the Pirlo role)

Tilman    Raskin

(Lowry, if Tilman injured) 

Cantwell                      Matondo

Lovelace

subs -  Cervantes (love the name lol), King, Devine, Arfield, Colak (the rest can gtf)