***** The Official Rangers v Other Mob Match Thread *****

11 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Probably already mentioned on here, but I would imagine that I am not the only one whose enjoyment of yesterdays game is being enhanced by reading and hearing all the claims from Them that they did not really care about yesterdays game. This despite spending the week prior telling us how much they were looking forward to destroying us, putting us in our place, record points total and so on. We even had him of the dodgy moustache sitting in that Republican rat hole in the Gorbals telling us how much they were looking forward to silencing Ibrox.

Of course in the grand scheme of things it was all a bit too little, too late, but the nature of the victory is a huge morale boost for those players who will still be in the squad next year, the air of invincibility building around that Mhob has been shattered, the smug, arrogant smiles have been wiped off their faces, to be replaced by delighted grins on the Bears coupons this morning.

Something to smile about after another clusterfuck of a season, just hope that yesterdays good work is a portent of things to come and not, as is being claimed by Them, a result of their players downing tools.

Over to you MB.

Anyone heard from Rod yet?:whistle:

10 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Probably already mentioned on here, but I would imagine that I am not the only one whose enjoyment of yesterdays game is being enhanced by reading and hearing all the claims from Them that they did not really care about yesterdays game. This despite spending the week prior telling us how much they were looking forward to destroying us, putting us in our place, record points total and so on. We even had him of the dodgy moustache sitting in that Republican rat hole in the Gorbals telling us how much they were looking forward to silencing Ibrox.

Of course in the grand scheme of things it was all a bit too little, too late, but the nature of the victory is a huge morale boost for those players who will still be in the squad next year, the air of invincibility building around that Mhob has been shattered, the smug, arrogant smiles have been wiped off their faces, to be replaced by delighted grins on the Bears coupons this morning.

Something to smile about after another clusterfuck of a season, just hope that yesterdays good work is a portent of things to come and not, as is being claimed by Them, a result of their players downing tools.

Over to you MB.

As expected they are now playing down the game and pushing a B team narrative. Despite that not even being our strongest team.ย 

Great to see so many of them backtracking.ย 

Time will tell if it's a turning point.

What it does do is as the manager said is give us some oxygen going into the biggest rebuild we've had in years.ย 

We need more signings like Cantwell and Raskin. Straight into the first 11 and able to contribute right away.ย 

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need more signings like Cantwell and Raskin

In a nutshell. We have to assume that Cantwell & Raskin were Beale signings and hope that this demonstrates that MB has an eye for a player. Given the millions we have wasted over the years on utter flops, literally too many to list here, getting the recruitment right in the respect of immediately improving the squad, but also with an eye to bringing in funds down the line, is obviously priority 1.

The pressure on MB to get things right over the summer is enormous, and for all the benefits, the privilege and honour of being Rangers FC manager, I really do not envy him the task that lies ahead.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

In a nutshell. We have to assume that Cantwell & Raskin were Beale signings and hope that this demonstrates that MB has an eye for a player. Given the millions we have wasted over the years on utter flops, literally too many to list here, getting the recruitment right in the respect of immediately improving the squad, but also with an eye to bringing in funds down the line, is obviously priority 1.

The pressure on MB to get things right over the summer is enormous, and for all the benefits, the privilege and honour of being Rangers FC manager, I really do not envy him the task that lies ahead.

Raskin has been on the radar a while, I think since the Gerrard era.ย 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Raskin has been on the radar a while, I think since the Gerrard era.ย 

Fair enough, still going to be interesting though to see how Beale handles the situation, or if the Club decides to go down the Director of Football route. Personally I would prefer Beale to have the first and last say on incoming players, after all he is the one who has to use them to play the game he wants to play. Maybe an old fashioned way of doing things, but it worked in the past, no reason it cannot work again, especially if, as we hope, Beale does have the skills to identify the talent that we realistically can look to bring to Ibrox.

Hopefully their arrogance continues over the summer and they sit on their arses whilst we re-build and slaughter them next season. Any taig who says they dont care about being destroyed 3-0 is a lying bastard. Oh wait its kind of what they do anyway.ย  I mean in reality I doubt anyone in our support takes this match for anymore than it is, but in terms of Beale getting over the line with a win thats huge, go into next season without, fail to win the first match against them and the pressure mounts more. But dont tell me any of those fucks dont care about blowing their points record and look at the fat aussie's body language in his after match interview and tell me he didn't care.ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Get in their faces, press them and flatten one of them early doors and they can't handle it,

We did exactly what they do to most teams, including us sadly a few times, to them, and as you say they could not handle it. No secret to beating that Mhob, do not treat them as the Gallowgate Galacticos, standing aside watching in rapt admiration as they Angeballย :mutley:ย around the pitch, get the high press on, high tempo and yes, boot a few of the bastards up in the air every now and again. Show Them the same respect that they show us, i.e fuck all.

51 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

As expected they are now playing down the game and pushing a B team narrative. Despite that not even being our strongest team.ย 

Great to see so many of them backtracking.ย 

Time will tell if it's a turning point.

What it does do is as the manager said is give us some oxygen going into the biggest rebuild we've had in years.ย 

We need more signings like Cantwell and Raskin. Straight into the first 11 and able to contribute right away.ย 

just tell them we played our 3rd choice keeper who had only played 3 times for us before, our second choice left back, dropped our ยฃ7 million player and had sakala and matondo up frontย 

:troll:

7 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Hopefully their arrogance continues over the summer

While we wiped the smug smiles off their faces yesterday, they will be back in full blown swagger mode once they dispose of ICT in the final and wrap up the Treble. Sadly I doubt that this will stop Them from going out to bolster their squad, as, although no one will say it out loud, there is pressure on the Fat Mess to do something in Europe other than have their pants pulled down.

Whilstย  we should enjoy the weekend, the reality is that that Beale, indeed the whole Club have a huge task ahead of us as we go into yet another summer rebuild.

29 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Fair enough, still going to be interesting though to see how Beale handles the situation, or if the Club decides to go down the Director of Football route. Personally I would prefer Beale to have the first and last say on incoming players, after all he is the one who has to use them to play the game he wants to play. Maybe an old fashioned way of doing things, but it worked in the past, no reason it cannot work again, especially if, as we hope, Beale does have the skills to identify the talent that we realistically can look to bring to Ibrox.

Yep and that definitely didnโ€™t happen under Wilson. (Or at least when Gio was in charge). Wilson had first and last say.

Butland was blacklisted under Wilson. Itโ€™s only now heโ€™s gone Beale is able to get his man