***** The Official Rangers v Other Mob Match Thread *****

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Wondering what people made of Jack today?Β 

I know its harsh as he is obviously coming back after injury but I thought he was really poor in terms of slowed everything down too much and was caught out a few times daydreaming in possession.Β 

He is synonymous with everything that was wrong with this season, everything that needsΒ eradicated in our game was on show from him today, He'll get a deal but he shouldn't, sounds harsh I know but we're supposed to be changing it root and branch and he should be out with the rest imo.

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Watched the game again.. by fuck we were superior to them. But.. the ref was absolutely horrendous. They got absolutely every small foul.

Watching it atm and said the same just moments ago. Some of his decisions were downright laughable - a couple of the fouls he called on Cantwell particularly so. There was also another decision he made (not a foul) that was beggared belief - just after Goldson slipped at around at the 52’ mark when the ball went out of play off of Jota and he gave the shy to the Unwashed.Β 
Β 

4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

It was indeed a pumping. Beale got his tactics spot on.. I feel that he did in previous games as well, but was let down badly by silly mistakes and poor finishing. Beale is a much better Manager than the greasy greek.

Ive only seen the highlights but to me it looked like our fullbacks were a bit more defensive minded, a few times the tarriers got down the line but not as many and not with as much space

Highlights were pish on sportscene though

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ive only seen the highlights but to me it looked like our fullbacks were a bit more defensive minded, a few times the tarriers got down the line but not as many and not with as much space

Highlights were pish on sportscene though

Ridvan made overlapping runs throughout the game and he defended well.

The only criticism I can make was his final ball let him down on a few occasions after getting into great positions.

I thought Tav played a wee bit deeper than usual but he did a good job stifling out their wide player.

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He can stay until the second window of the rebuild. Gone next summer.Β 

I thought he had missed his chance again today. I’ve next to no time for him.

McCrorie, Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Yilmaz, Raskin, Cantwell, LawrenceΒ 

Thats what I would keep and buy around.Β 

I hope we can get Lawrence fit. He's a very good player, who hit the ground running when he came in. I've just got one of those feelings about his injuries though, not hearing much of an update either, which isn't a good sign.

Watching highlights. Difference yesterday was we were constantly pressing. Totally mauled them. Mccrorie looked great. Jack, sakala and cantwell, souttar, yilmaz πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‘πŸ»

As for them I dont understand hype over starfelt, hart and mcgregor. Garbage.

All year been hearing how strong their squad is. Yesterday shows they would have struggled with our level of injuries.

Well done Rangers, yes meaningless but sets a tone for next year, plants a bit of doubt for them and gives us something to hang on to for next year.Β 

If beales signings carry on at cantwell and raskins standard we have nothing to fear πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ˜„

3 hours ago, delparlane said:

Watching it atm and said the same just moments ago. Some of his decisions were downright laughable - a couple of the fouls he called on Cantwell particularly so. There was also another decision he made (not a foul) that was beggared belief - just after Goldson slipped at around at the 52’ mark when the ball went out of play off of Jota and he gave the shy to the Unwashed.Β 
Β 

He was giving them every 50/50. That being said you know clancy gives pen for goldson incident they were calling for

Β 

Been saying for ages about playing 2 fast players up front slightly apart that can occupy a fullback and CH each. And marking McGregor out the game. Need to press them into errors and dispossession.Β  We done it perfectly yesterday.

That and having no-one hiding or with a lack of graft in our starting 11.

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Ridvan made overlapping runs throughout the game and he defended well.

The only criticism I can make was his final ball let him down on a few occasions after getting into great positions.

I thought Tav played a wee bit deeper than usual but he did a good job stifling out their wide player.

Yes, Tav was definitely told to stay back and be more defensive as it should be at times.

We beat them with pace that always what causes them problems playing Morelos and Tillman played into their hands as both were a bit slow.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyο»ΏArse said:

Been saying for ages about playing 2 fast players up front slightly apart that can occupy a fullback and CH each. And marking McGregor out the game. Need to press them into errors and dispossession.Β  We done it perfectly yesterday.

That and having no-one hiding or with a lack of graft in our starting 11.

Total drive yesterday. Couple of things went for us. Hart was very poor and their dumping up front hitting post but we were well up for it and on top of them constant like 55 season, forcing errors.Β 

Lets be honest they had 4 players out yesterday that makes their team much stronger but that being said our team was a patchwork side too.

Great effort from the boys