Tom Lawrence

graeme_4

Mind in 2011 when we were flying in the league and naismith done his cruciate again and we fell apart big time

Lawerence injury last season imo was exactly like that with the effect it had on us

Had he stayed fit all season, we finish closer to the tarriers (debatable about winning the league) but we defo win a cup, possibly both them 

His drive in the middle of the park was badly badly missed, we never came close to replicating it until it was too late (with cantwell when he finally settled into his groove) 

If lawerence can get back to pre injury form, him and cantwell will absolutely destroy teams in this league

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mind in 2011 when we were flying in the league and naismith done his cruciate again and we fell apart big time

Lawerence injury last season imo was exactly like that with the effect it had on us

Had he stayed fit all season, we finish closer to the tarriers (debatable about winning the league) but we defo win a cup, possibly both them 

His drive in the middle of the park was badly badly missed, we never came close to replicating it until it was too late (with cantwell when he finally settled into his groove) 

If lawerence can get back to pre injury form, him and cantwell will absolutely destroy teams in this league

Must admit I worry about Lawrence. That was a long time out with the injury. Hope he returns to proper match fitness and doesn’t break down. Anybody know what the actual injury was? 

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Pure guess work. We might not have signed Cantwell, if Lawrence had stayed fit.

6 hours ago, left winger said:

You can flip that round and say we might not have needed to sign Cantwell. While I get Jim's point and slightly agree for me the injuries which had the biggest impact on last season were to the centre half's. At one point we were playing our 5th and 6th choice centre-backs in games as big at the Champions League. One was a youth player and the other a midfielder. 

17 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Must admit I worry about Lawrence. That was a long time out with the injury. Hope he returns to proper match fitness and doesn’t break down. Anybody know what the actual injury was? 

What type of injury did lawrence have?

10 hours ago, left winger said:

Where did i guess anything, i only said we missed his drive in the middle of the park until cantwell settled and if the two of them are on top form this season we could destroy cunts

Yeah if lawerence stayed fit we might not have signed him, but i never said we would have

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

You can flip that round and say we might not have needed to sign Cantwell. While I get Jim's point and slightly agree for me the injuries which had the biggest impact on last season were to the centre half's. At one point we were playing our 5th and 6th choice centre-backs in games as big at the Champions League. One was a youth player and the other a midfielder. 

The centre halves outwith the CL werent the reason we dropped silly points though, only scoring 3 goals in 3 games against shite like livi, st johnstone and st mirren was the reason, 

Even with fully fit centre halves we were losing a goal sometimes two a game, it was up front that cost us they points imo 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Where did i guess anything, i only said we missed his drive in the middle of the park until cantwell settled and if the two of them are on top form this season we could destroy cunts

Yeah if lawerence stayed fit we might not have signed him, but i never said we would have

'We defo win a cup' if Lawrence wasn't injured is guess work.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

'We defo win a cup' if Lawrence wasn't injured is guess work.

Disagree, tarriers were rotten when we actually pressured them, something Lawrence does in abundance

The league cup final, tarriers played on their halfway line cause we were so static, fully fit lawerence pushes them back and gets us going imo 

33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Disagree, tarriers were rotten when we actually pressured them, something Lawrence does in abundance

The league cup final, tarriers played on their halfway line cause we were so static, fully fit lawerence pushes them back and gets us going imo 

Yeah, he does. Doesn't mean we definitely win, though.

8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

A good point, and I’d agree with you if it was the same manager at the time.

however it was under  gio who signed Lawrence, and under Beale who signed Cantwell.

who’s to say Beale wouldn’t have wanted Cantwell anyway?

I’ve had a theory that Lawrence would have taken Kent’s place, as he was playing his side early in the season. We might have sold Kent last summer? All pie in the sky I suppose after Lawrence got injured.

Kent’s value was high start of last season due to his showings in Europe. We will never know I suppose.

I  also don’t buy the argument Wilson ruled the roost on every transfer. Surely a manager has most of the say? Or he should have imo.

• 1 month later...