Tom Lawrence

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mental toughness based on what? 

Which players have demonstrated they don't have that same mental toughness that Lawrence does?

I agree, he looks a player alright.

I think Lawrence played like a guy that made things happen in his appearances before injury. Mental toughness isn’t just going in and leathering someone anymore. It’s taking responsibility. 

There’s a few that have regularly gone into their shell when we needed goals, likes of Kent for example, or have completely fallen asleep defensively, Barisic or Davies for example.

Don’t think we’ve seen enough of Lawrence to decide either way, but sure he’d been a captain previously too. 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Lawrence played like a guy that made things happen in his appearances before injury. Mental toughness isn’t just going in and leathering someone anymore. It’s taking responsibility. 

There’s a few that have regularly gone into their shell when we needed goals, likes of Kent for example, or have completely fallen asleep defensively, Barisic or Davies for example.

Don’t think we’ve seen enough of Lawrence to decide either way, but sure he’d been a captain previously too. 

I don't think we've seen enough of him to know if he's demonstrated he's got mental toughness or not. I'm not sure Smiles post is about pre or post injury which is why I'm asking. 

21 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

We were robbed of a player that would have contributed immensely last season imo. 

Yes, a decent player gets stuck in which is important here and a goal threat also covers every inch of the pitch as he works so hard. 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, a decent player gets stuck in which is important here and a goal threat also covers every inch of the pitch as he works so hard. 

Gets stuck in and likes a dig from outside the box, something so badly missing from our team at times, and his goal at easter road was amazing. Nearly scored a worldie away to PSV too. Gutted we never got to see him properly last year because his early signs were encouraging. 

21 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Gets stuck in and likes a dig from outside the box, something so badly missing from our team at times, and his goal at easter road was amazing. Nearly scored a worldie away to PSV too. Gutted we never got to see him properly last year because his early signs were encouraging. 

Yes, he was a real miss last season we have to hope he can get back to his best as he's a first team starter for me.

42 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

If you watch back some of the goals he scored at Derby you'd see a very good footballer who can make things happen. We just need to hope that he fully recovers from injury as that's no given with the length of time he has been out.

I really hope he can get the same preseason under his belt as the others. Might be pushing it to do so. If he doesn't then I do think he'll struggle to be as influential and start as many games as he will if he does get the full preseason with all it entails with fitness, bonding, tactical planning and practicing etc.

Really difficult after a year out to come back not having had a good preseason and then go on to be top of your game.

He was really coming on to a game, settling into the squad and contributing. We missed out on an excellent player when he went down. I still watch the highlights vs PSV back and hope that effort in the away leg goes in. Would have been goal of the season big time. 

9 hours ago, LaaRFC said:

Beale says he’ll be joining the team once they return from Germany. That’s as much as he said so dno if that means full contact training or what but sounds positive. 

It does sound positive. Let’s hope so. 

it’s going to be some forward line/midfield with a fit Lawrence and Roofe to add in.

FWD - Dessers, Lammers, Sima, Roofe, Colak, Sakala, Wright, Matondo.

midfielders - Cantwell, Dowell, Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry, Raskin, Jack, Lundstrum. 

5 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

It does sound positive. Let’s hope so. 

it’s going to be some forward line/midfield with a fit Lawrence and Roofe to add in.

FWD - Dessers, Lammers, Sima, Roofe, Colak, Sakala, Wright, Matondo.

midfielders - Cantwell, Dowell, Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry, Raskin, Jack, Lundstrum. 

Ideally shift Wright and Matondo that doesn't look like happening then move on Hagi and get Lowry out on loan. 

8 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

He looked as if he was gonna be a diamond for us, just hope he gets back and shows us what we’ve missed.

Nice long range drive past that mhob would be the icing on the cake.

Should fit in well with our new 1-1-8 formation. We'll soon have loads of attacking options.