Tom Lawrence

graeme_4

Michael Beale has updated on Tom Lawrence 

“He came in as an important signing and experienced member of the squad. He didn’t come in to be a player for the future, he came to be a ‘now’ player.”

Beale added: “Tom started the season ever so well. He was important in the PSV games for example.

“And then he got a horrific injury. He was on his way back from that and had some complications from that.

“I expect him to be back probably a couple of weeks into pre-season. Either at the same time as everybody else or a couple of weeks behind. But having said that he needs to make up maybe eight or 10 months.

“So we need to clean that up for sure. We need to have our strongest, oldest, most experienced players available more often next year, playing with a bit more consistency and a slightly tighter squad.

“And then we will see where it takes us. The challenges will still be the same, the pressures and the expectations are maybe going to be a little bit higher. It is an exciting time because it’s a time of change and I’m going into it with real optimism.”

37 minutes ago, left winger said:

Heeeeellllllllooooooooo, this is Rangers!

My money’s on christmas, and we’ll pretend he’s like a new signing in January.

Yep. We’ve seen this so many times before. 

The usual Rangers setback will be just around the corner probably. 

Hope to fuck I’m wrong because he was shaping up nicely. 

I don’t see this as a positive tbh.

He will have been out for nearly a year and Beale will likely do a heavy pre-season with the team more akin to what we had with Gerrard.

I appreciate its different injuries but Hagi has looked miles off it and he was out for not much longer.

We need to come out of pre-season flying for CL qualifiers and the league rather than playing catch up to the filth.

Just now, esquire8 said:

If he's playing before September it will be a welcome bonus.

Agreed.

Meant to add in my post above, Lawrence is a smashing player and was settling in nicely to the team, he has leadership qualities and it was a huge blow to the squad last season.

Just don’t think the timeline on that update is particularly positive for our start to the season.

12 minutes ago, ayro said:

Agreed.

Meant to add in my post above, Lawrence is a smashing player and was settling in nicely to the team, he has leadership qualities and it was a huge blow to the squad last season.

Just don’t think the timeline on that update is particularly positive for our start to the season.

Really clever footballer but he has a confidence about him too which so many in the squad are lacking. 

A team with a fit Lawrence, Raskin and Cantwell should start to turn things around hopefully.

Him and Cantwell should chip in with a high number of goals 

20 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Really clever footballer but he has a confidence about him too which so many in the squad are lacking. 

A team with a fit Lawrence, Raskin and Cantwell should start to turn things around hopefully.

Him and Cantwell should chip in with a high number of goals 

You can see already from Cantwell and Raskin that they have a bit of shithousery about them and are not going to be intimidated, Lawrence gives a bit of that as well which should help the mentality of the squad overall.

Can't see a way back for him unfortunately.

Beale will be recruiting in the summer knowing Lawrence won't be match fit possibly until half way through the season. We're looking at wingers along with players like Cantwell and Raskin. 

I can see him being shipped out on loan in January. 

11 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Can't see a way back for him unfortunately.

Beale will be recruiting in the summer knowing Lawrence won't be match fit possibly until half way through the season. We're looking at wingers along with players like Cantwell and Raskin. 

I can see him being shipped out on loan in January. 

Doubt he wouldn't be issuing a statement out of the blue on a player he didn't fancy.

I think we’re looking at him coming back after Xmas a la Hagi. 

If he’s been out for a year and isn’t even going to make the start of pre season, he’ll be behind everyone and that’s before taking into account set backs. Such a shame, but don’t expect to see him in Autumn would be my bet based on that presser. 

What was the 'horrific injury'?

I know it's the knee

Complete tear? Multiple ligaments?

It must have been a complete tear whatever it was.

Perspective--this in my mind qualifies as 'horrific'.

Warning--it's rough

2002 Fiesta Bowl--Positive--McGahee still drafted R1--played 10 years in the league after this.