Tom Lawrence

graeme_4

3 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

What was the actual injury? Feel as though it’s not been mentioned a lot. Just that it was a bad injury. 

Not sure, when it first happened it was said he'd be back after the groups of the CL. It then went very quiet  

2 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Can't see a way back for him unfortunately.

Beale will be recruiting in the summer knowing Lawrence won't be match fit possibly until half way through the season. We're looking at wingers along with players like Cantwell and Raskin. 

I can see him being shipped out on loan in January. 

I won't be writing him off just yet.

Lawrence can easily play on the wing as well.

Let's just hope all goes well in his recovery 

3 hours ago, ayro said:

I don’t see this as a positive tbh.

He will have been out for nearly a year and Beale will likely do a heavy pre-season with the team more akin to what we had with Gerrard.

I appreciate its different injuries but Hagi has looked miles off it and he was out for not much longer.

We need to come out of pre-season flying for CL qualifiers and the league rather than playing catch up to the filth.

Yeah , I'm not sure I'm reading it as positive as everyone else which is a shame cos I like TL , but sounds like being a ' now ' player , if he's not 100% within a couple of weeks of preseason MB won't be hanging about waiting on him . 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Michael Beale has updated on Tom Lawrence 

“He came in as an important signing and experienced member of the squad. He didn’t come in to be a player for the future, he came to be a ‘now’ player.”

Beale added: “Tom started the season ever so well. He was important in the PSV games for example.

“And then he got a horrific injury. He was on his way back from that and had some complications from that.

“I expect him to be back probably a couple of weeks into pre-season. Either at the same time as everybody else or a couple of weeks behind. But having said that he needs to make up maybe eight or 10 months.

“So we need to clean that up for sure. We need to have our strongest, oldest, most experienced players available more often next year, playing with a bit more consistency and a slightly tighter squad.

“And then we will see where it takes us. The challenges will still be the same, the pressures and the expectations are maybe going to be a little bit higher. It is an exciting time because it’s a time of change and I’m going into it with real optimism.”

He has achilles injury - strong chance he wont come back same player. Thats my concern. Only thing about that is his game wasnt really based on pace so perhaps be ok.

Thought he was becoming a great threat b4 the injury so heres hoping

3 hours ago, Tao said:

What was the 'horrific injury'?

I know it's the knee

Complete tear? Multiple ligaments?

It must have been a complete tear whatever it was.

Perspective--this in my mind qualifies as 'horrific'.

Warning--it's rough

2002 Fiesta Bowl--Positive--McGahee still drafted R1--played 10 years in the league after this. 

Weirdo

The sample size for Tom Lawrence's Rangers career is small. Yes, he got off to a flying start, but he was still at the stage of proving himself. I hope he comes back stronger than ever, however, I can't help but think some fans have him on a pedestal to which he may or may not belong. Here's hoping he does...

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The sample size for Tom Lawrence's Rangers career is small. Yes, he got off to a flying start, but he was still at the stage of proving himself. I hope he comes back stronger than ever, however, I can't help but think some fans have him on a pedestal to which he may or may not belong. Here's hoping he does...

Its a good point but so rare a Rangers signing, in recent years, has started so well.

Also cant remember any other players in recent years, correct me if im wrong, that has a long range pop at goals as frequently (and accurately)

44 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It isn't just based on his limited performances for us though. I'm sure when we signed hin that we were told something along the lines of he was the best player in the Championship last season and far too good for that level. The guy can play that's for sure. Just hope he can get back to those levels after such a long time out. 

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Not sure, when it first happened it was said he'd be back after the groups of the CL. It then went very quiet  

Im sure he got injured in training while on the recovery from his initial injury, not sure if its the same one but worsr or completely different injury

Really liked the look of Lawrence but we can't rely on that version of him being the one we'll see next season.

A year out, and potentially not coming back until after pre season will make it hard for him to get back to what he was. Similar with issues Hagi faced.

16 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Its a good point but so rare a Rangers signing, in recent years, has started so well.

Also cant remember any other players in recent years, correct me if im wrong, that has a long range pop at goals as frequently (and accurately)

Agree with this. Was nice just to see someone who wanted to get forward. Once he got injured the only midfielder we have who wanted to get in the box was Arfield 

On 17/05/2023 at 16:56, Jamie0202 said:

It isn't just based on his limited performances for us though. I'm sure when we signed hin that we were told something along the lines of he was the best player in the Championship last season and far too good for that level. The guy can play that's for sure. Just hope he can get back to those levels after such a long time out. 

Yes, he's a player.

Fantastic player.

Will miss pre season.

Then pick up a few niggles and break down again.

Winter break to get him back up to speed - then just need match time.

Will be like a new signing in January.

Will benefit from a full pre season 24-25.

Feeling of deja moo :headwall:

EDIT - just read the thread and noticed lots said the same :thumbsup:

At the end of the Ross County game he got injured and sat in the centre circle holding his knee when the players were walking off. Medical staff went over to him and he apparently jarred his knee, whatever happened in training during his recovery he got injured again which stated he would almost be certain to miss the rest of the season. 

On 17/05/2023 at 10:18, ayro said:

I don’t see this as a positive tbh.

He will have been out for nearly a year and Beale will likely do a heavy pre-season with the team more akin to what we had with Gerrard.

I appreciate its different injuries but Hagi has looked miles off it and he was out for not much longer.

We need to come out of pre-season flying for CL qualifiers and the league rather than playing catch up to the filth.

Not many players are going to come back flying after being out so long during playing season (Hagi) Lawrence returning during pre-season suits everyone, he will obviously be managed during pre-season, very unlikely he will be involved in CL qualifiers.

On 19/05/2023 at 21:48, Fergie_6 said:

Not many players are going to come back flying after being out so long during playing season (Hagi) Lawrence returning during pre-season suits everyone, he will obviously be managed during pre-season, very unlikely he will be involved in CL qualifiers.

Thing also with lawrence - beale said he wont even be back for start of pre-season