Ryan Jack signs 1 year extension

Broxi

4 hours ago, rossco87 said:

Nope. That would be an absolute nightmare. How do you build a team / momentum around someone who is only there half the time.  We have done it with Roofe this season and look how that has panned out…

I am not saying I don’t understand peoples concerns about his injury record and it is far from ideal but is probably just about manageable if we are not counting on him as a starter.

Built a team around roofe? 

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He's been a great signing for the club. I actually thought he was quiet last week but that could be a good thing with his role and also Lundstram and Raskin were excellent.

Think team plays better when hes in it as a whole. Retains the ball well, wins the ball back well, motivates the team and in general a tidy player.

However id be in the only if salary isnt excessive camp. No point having any player that misses 30-40% of games a season

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Lowry and Jack aren’t even remotely close in terms of playing style though.

Jack’s being kept on because he’s a guy you can bring on to shut a game down and see it out. Lowry is a guy you bring on when you need some creativity and flair.

One couldn’t do what the other does. It’s apples and oranges 

Think ppl were comparing arfield to lowry

52 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Built a team around roofe? 

Ok, built a team around is a bit far but this season he would probably have been first choice had he been fit.

My point was we can’t afford to have someone who would probably be the first pick in their position being injury prone. It’s not exactly ideal having a back up that is injury prone but is at least a bit more manageable.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Reduced wages at Rangers is still more than any Scottish club will pay him and that club will want 38 games out of him for what they pay him,

Was it only Scottish clubs interested in him?

Where is it coming from that it's on reduced wages other than speculation?

I’m a bit meh with this. I’d rather we get another 2 young more dynamic midfielders in there along side Raskin and Cantwell (if he plays the 10 role).  You’ve got to imagine Raskin or perhaps Cifueuntes could play that holding role or both play it, and then we have the options of Cantwell, Hagi, Tillman (if he returns) and Lowry and even Lawrence as the attacking midfielders. 
I like Jack but just feel he could be let go, as I feel he’s slowing down and a bit cautious now especially when he comes back from any injury lay-off. The chance in the OF game they got thru O’Riley was because he dithered on ball, and later in game he had a chance to play ball wide and open up play(yilmaz was free in acres of space) and just went back to Goldson, but he took several touches beforehand which meant Goldson came under pressure, ball went back to keeper and we launched it and it went out for a shy to them.  It’s that kind of style of play that hinders us and slows us down.  He doesn’t break up play as well any more and he’s not a goal threat.

Tbh, I’d rather take a chance with Arfield as the senior player to keep, he gets it just as much as Jack, he’s not injured as much. He’s popular with players I believe, and he can be a goal threat when brought on in say last 20 mins of games. 

I just believe we needed a clearing of the decks in midfield and 3 new first team midfielders to come in supplemented by some youths. 

It will be interesting to see whether he is a starter next season. 

57 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Been busy working and other stuff and I've just seen this, so glad I've renewed my season ticket again, hopefully snap McGregor and Arfield up on 4 month extensions, got that new season buzz on already. 

Moody wee man, hope you chuck it for a week again :lol:

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Was it only Scottish clubs interested in him?

Where is it coming from that it's on reduced wages other than speculation?

I don’t think Jack has realistic options elsewhere, but assuming a League 1 or even Championship club would be interested in an aging permacrocked midfielder, would they really pay him more than Rangers will?

9 hours ago, Sket said:

Obviously depends on the conditions of the deal. He's capable of playing a part when fit but he's never fit. He should have been released long before now. 

He's been a fucking disaster of a signing. 

Thats just complete bullshit…. A disaster of a signing. Nobody can deny he’s had shocking injury problems bit he’s more than capable of being a big player for us when it matters. Some others should take note👍🇬🇧