Ryan Jack signs 1 year extension

Broxi

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

When Jack is fit and in the team, our winning % improves. Last week, he showed how valuable a player he is.

If Beale manages his minutes properly, I see this as a good piece of business. Experience plays a big factor.

He's been a great signing for the club. I actually thought he was quiet last week but that could be a good thing with his role and also Lundstram and Raskin were excellent.

31 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Ok but he's only been here 6 months so doesn't really mean much against 6 years worth of data.

It's the current 6 months to date though and that's arguably as relevant as his historical absences.

I'm not overly bothered either way by it, just hope there's a belief that he's over the worst of his injuries.

56 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It would be different if he was some world class player we would start whenever fit and we would be happy getting only 25 games a season out of him, but he's not. 

Nope. That would be an absolute nightmare. How do you build a team / momentum around someone who is only there half the time.  We have done it with Roofe this season and look how that has panned out…

I am not saying I don’t understand peoples concerns about his injury record and it is far from ideal but is probably just about manageable if we are not counting on him as a starter.

Absolutely no issues with Jack getting an extension on less money, but if Arfield gets an extension, then it's very worrying.

We need changes in midfield but it'd be difficult to get someone in to play the Jack role of a similar quality as purely a back-up option.

We're already bringing in better quality as first choice, but someone needs to be a squad option. 

Arfield, on the other hand, is older and at current levels easily replaceable by someone from the youths. 

16 minutes ago, shaka said:

Absolutely no issues with Jack getting an extension on less money, but if Arfield gets an extension, then it's very worrying.

We need changes in midfield but it'd be difficult to get someone in to play the Jack role of a similar quality as purely a back-up option.

We're already bringing in better quality as first choice, but someone needs to be a squad option. 

Arfield, on the other hand, is older and at current levels easily replaceable by someone from the youths. 

Which one?

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I can actually see it now despite wanting every out of contract player to go. 

Raskin, Cantwell, Cifuentes as starters with Lundstram, Jack and Lawrence providing cover means the midfield is pretty much there for next season and this one isn’t even over yet. 

In my opinion Lawrence is good enough to start for us if he gets back to pre injury performance levels. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which one?

As a back up option of the bench... Lowry, Lyall or McKinnon could be options from our youth team.  If we're looking at youth players elsewhere that could come in and provide an alternative then Barron at Aberdeen looks a good prospect. 

Lowry’s had a tough year. A bad injury then losing his mum. And few rumours about losing his way a bit off the park. All understandable.

Would expect him to step up more next year. With a good pre season and a bit more bulk, he can be a better option than Arfield

Lowry and Jack aren’t even remotely close in terms of playing style though.

Jack’s being kept on because he’s a guy you can bring on to shut a game down and see it out. Lowry is a guy you bring on when you need some creativity and flair.

One couldn’t do what the other does. It’s apples and oranges 

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Jack’s being kept on because he’s a guy you can bring on to shut a game down and see it out. Lowry is a guy you bring on when you need some creativity and flair.

Yeh I think people saying Jack extension is fine. But less need for Arfield because Lowry can be more of a direct replacement 

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It's replacing Arfield not Jack that's being discussed.

Imo no-one I've seen at the club does what Arfielld does / did.

He's all.about timed runs into the box, relatively little involvement in build up play, not renowned for creativity. 

Certainly not Lowry who wants on the ball and to dictate play imo.

24 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's replacing Arfield not Jack that's being discussed.

Imo no-one I've seen at the club does what Arfielld does / did.

He's all.about timed runs into the box, relatively little involvement in build up play, not renowned for creativity. 

Certainly not Lowry who wants on the ball and to dictate play imo.

Yeah I fucked it.