The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

Some comments from Beale;

"I expect us with the quality we have to execute in the moments we had. If we don't, I expect a hard-fought away draw rather than coughing up a really poor goal."

What fucking moments, don't think their keeper made a save 😂.  Going on to say he expects a hard thought draw is criminal.  Should be saying it like it is, absolute shite tactics/player selection and he will change it.

Got it badly wrong today

We’ve had a terrible pre season and I know folk want to brush it off as we’re just trying to get fitness etc

We hardly looked like scoring in preseason and it continued today - Lammers was lost today

I have absolutely no idea why Cantwell never started, the myth he’s held back for a Wednesday won’t cut it when we have domestic games to win

If we don’t start well on Wednesday he and the team will know all about it

One thing I noticed is we've played the diamond the whole preseason, then in the first game proceed to play the most basic 4231 with absolutely no width whatsoever. No attacking from the fullbacks, barely any attempts to run at defenders and like for like subs. Totally baffling 

5 minutes ago, Jelavic18 said:

"I expect us with the quality we have to execute in the moments we had. If we don't, I expect a hard-fought away draw rather than coughing up a really poor goal."

What fucking moments, don't think their keeper made a save 😂.  Going on to say he expects a hard thought draw is criminal.  Should be saying it like it is, absolute shite tactics/player selection and he will change it.

I missed that bit. Did he fucking say that?

4 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

One thing I noticed is we've played the diamond the whole preseason, then in the first game proceed to play the most basic 4231 with absolutely no width whatsoever. No attacking from the fullbacks, barely any attempts to run at defenders and like for like subs. Totally baffling 

Today wasn't a 4231, it was the boggin 433 with 3 sitting mids to cover attacking fullbacks pish that we watched win one trophy in 3 years under him previously 

7 minutes ago, Jelavic18 said:

wit??

I think /hope beale brings us success however if he's sacked we know as a fan base the replacement will be another up and coming project. Our last 3 managers have been 2 novices and a manager that was the easy option at the time . If he goes the next man needs to be of some managerial pedigree. 

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've never been a fan as most on the forum would know.

Quite surprised at the reaction though and how many people are calling for him to be sacked on here, FF, Twitter and some of the group chats I'm in.

He's in danger of losing the majority of the support over the next couple of weeks if things don't improve.

I’m hesitant about being too reactionary as it’s definitely not impossible to come back from this and succeed - Postecoglou won the league having lost on the opening day to Hearts and then to us (with half our team missing).

However, he was helped massively by Gerrard leaving, Gio having no clue how to set up domestically and us being distracted by the EL. I doubt Beale will get a similar set of circumstances, unless Rodgers’ tactics start being exploited in a way Postecoglou’s weren’t.

OF game suddenly becomes a lot more pressurised now, he can possibly be forgiven for struggling in Europe (like Postecoglou did when he first came in) but if he’s still struggling domestically then it’s going to be very difficult for him.

16 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Can’t see this formation working. Is there any team in Europe that is a title challenger that plays with no wide forwards?

We look incredibly easy to defend against. Just pack the middle of the park. 0 space

I was trying to think of one during the game funnily enough.

You could maybe say Liverpool but there can’t be many.

17 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've never been a fan as most on the forum would know.

Quite surprised at the reaction though and how many people are calling for him to be sacked on here, FF, Twitter and some of the group chats I'm in.

He's in danger of losing the majority of the support over the next couple of weeks if things don't improve.

I won’t go as far as to call for his head yet, filth fans were doing the same thing when they got beat off Hearts on the opening day a couple of years back and look how that turned out, but it was vital that we went into the first OF game level on points with them and he’s absolutely fucked it on literal day one and has us on the backfoot already. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Because the atmosphere was already toxic and it would only have got worse if Gio had stayed in his position. Beale might not prove to be the answer, but Gio had to go. It was already weeks overdue when we did it.

If a win on September 3rd cannot put us level with them the atmosphere will be just as toxic dont kid yourself