Official match thread: Hoffenheim vs Rangers.

KaiserJon

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We should have enough going forward to beat the majority domestically but i worry if we are going into European games without drastic changes in the back 4.

Positive is Butland looks to be a safe pair of hands. 

Our left side of defence is a bombscare and teams are going to be targeting it.

We need to strengthen new LB and New Left sided CB. I doubt but we'll add a new LB unless one is sold. 

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You've excelled in that already 

Raskin is not in the team for his defensive ability and pretty clear if you look at the goal we lost against the fenians. Having 2 workers in the middle would give him a free role to play.

It's an opinion, what the forum is for but you'd rather try act the smart arse for your wee bitch likes. 

Davies is a fucking bombscare and sterling has only just came back so there's no chance Beale would start him. As I said it's not through thinking Lundstram is good I'd pick him, even beale picked him over Davies last season coz he was brutal. 

I’m trying but like most others, i’m struggling to reach your dizzy heights. 

Raskin’s a combative midfielder, no one said he was in the team for his defensive work alone, its just you thats come to the conclusion he doesnt like the defensive side of the game which is idiotic at best. 

I’ve never posted on a forum for likes, i post my opinion. 

Davies is far better equipped to play CB against Kilmarnock away than Lundstram. Beale did not pick Lundstram to play CB over Davies that i can remember. 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Middle to forward will hopefully click but we’re going to be watching the same stupid mistakes at the back all season if nobody is brought in. Target the fullbacks and you get joy - every team knows this now. Ridvan, Barasic and Tav caught out with balls inside and over the top time and time again. 
Silly points dropped all over the shop 

Our defence is ropey. Hesitant and disorganised.

12 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I’m trying but like most others, i’m struggling to reach your dizzy heights. 

Raskin’s a combative midfielder, no one said he was in the team for his defensive work alone, its just you thats come to the conclusion he doesnt like the defensive side of the game which is idiotic at best. 

I’ve never posted on a forum for likes, i post my opinion. 

Davies is far better equipped to play CB against Kilmarnock away than Lundstram. Beale did not pick Lundstram to play CB over Davies that i can remember. 

So you agree Raskin is not in the team for his defensive work, which is pretty obvious and I can base MY OPINION (the same thing you claim to do) on his statuesque effort when we lost that horrific goal against them. He's a baller and if someone is near by he'll attempt to get stuck in but he's certainly not someone who'll work his arse off to get back into position or track someone. 

Your clearly on for an argument and likes even though you've agreed with my point. 

Davies is woeful and your basically debating wether you'd rather be punched in the balls or kicked. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

So you agree Raskin is not in the team for his defensive work, which is pretty obvious and I can base MY OPINION (the same thing you claim to do) on his statuesque effort when we lost that horrific goal against them. He's a baller and if someone is near by he'll attempt to get stuck in but he's certainly not someone who'll work his arse off to get back into position or track someone. 

Your clearly on for an argument and likes even though you've agreed with my point. 

Davies is woeful and your basically debating wether you'd rather be punched in the balls or kicked. 

Fanny

Ok looking back Davies went off injured which is why Lundstram played a few games at the back. However there were games where Davies was hooked and Lundstram had to slot in St mirren at home was 1 of them. 

Davies played 77 minutes against st mirren at home. You think that suggests Beale thinks Lundstram is a better option?

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Davies played 77 minutes against st mirren at home. You think that suggests Beale thinks Lundstram is a better option?

He was terrible and it was 2-2 when he was hooked. I genuinely think beale doesn't rate him and obviously wants another CB. The fact he goes to Lundstram when he has issues says a lot. 

They are both shite and my initial lineup is only for 1 game hoping that Goldson will be ready after that. 

56 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Doent work like that though Jim.

You don't just band together 8 odd signings and they instantly fit into the style, that's pure myth. Name a team that's done a sizeable rebuild and gone out all guns blazing?

Beale may have been here half a season but the players he wanted weren't. It will take time and time we don't have. Folk will just need to accept it

The 8 odd signings wont all start though, in every pre season game we have looked poor and thats with a well known backline along with cantwell and raskin 

And while the front line do need time to gel, they aren't being helped by the shitshow going on behind them that we have witnessed for years

The fact that our back 4 at some point could potentially be the same as the one who flopped at home to malmo 2 years ago should be settling alarm bells off

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He was terrible and it was 2-2 when he was hooked. I genuinely think beale doesn't rate him and obviously wants another CB. The fact he goes to Lundstram when he has issues says a lot. 

They are both shite and my initial lineup is only for 1 game hoping that Goldson will be ready after that. 

He made 3 subs at the same time and Davies started the next game. In fact 2 games after he started against celtic with Souttar on the bench. You're trying to read something in a sub that just isn't true.

Davies will start at centre half before Lundstram. That's a fact.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That we agree on, i keep banging on about it but ibrox is fucking huge and we jam everything into the middle 3rd and expect tav and the left back to control the wide parts themselves, its fucking nuts 

Hate saying it but we seen last year just how much more damaging to the sit in teams, that wide men can do, the tarriers were averaging 3 goals a game or something like that till the split, and they rampaged against the shite using wide players

My main worry is that our skillful players will be crowded out, lammers looks to have excellent footwork but if we continue playing narrow, games away to the shite on wee pitches will nullify his abilities, same with cantwell and his ability to drift in between the lines, 

Yeh. I really thought we would just go out and sign better wide players to replace Kent and Sakala and a striker. We already had the CAM role well stocked with Cantwell and Lawrence to come back.

Now we’re going to be in the situation that our attack requires Tav and Barasic/Yilmaz to bomb forward when they just aren’t going to be able to without getting pillaged at the back

Just now, RockwellGers said:

I'm not denying that. But it's been like that since time immemorial 

Fuck up ya dick!

Seriously though, anyone who goes from debating to insulting people has lost the argument.

Fun to watch their rapid mental regression right enough. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He made 3 subs at the same time and Davies started the next game. In fact 2 games after he started against celtic with Souttar on the bench. You're trying to read something in a sub that just isn't true.

Davies will start at centre half before Lundstram. That's a fact.

We'll see next week, either way both aren't good enough but imo Lundstram is better than Davies who's an empty jersey. 

If you refer Davies that's fine, my initial post was about our lineup for 1 game next week, the fact folk have got soo upset over 1 player and arguing over someone equally as shite is laughable. 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fuck up ya dick!

Seriously though, anyone who goes from debating to insulting people has lost the argument.

Fun to watch their rapid mental regression right enough. :lol:

Cunt!

I realised recently though these blazing arguments and insults are definitely part of the appeal, it's often very amusing

3 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

We'll see next week, either way both aren't good enough but imo Lundstram is better than Davies who's an empty jersey. 

If you refer Davies that's fine, my initial post was about our lineup for 1 game next week, the fact folk have got soo upset over 1 player and arguing over someone equally as shite is laughable. 

Nobody is upset.