Welcome to Rangers, Danilo!

• 2 weeks later...

Really like the look of Danilo, his touch and close control are outstanding at times. Think he just needs to adjust to the pace of the Scottish game and work out where the space is and he'll rattle them in. Also don't think it helps him having Dessers and Lammers operating in basically the same space on the pitch, I'd play him thru the middle as a lone striker. 

Another example of a player where people look for evidence to support their view and ignore any evidence to the contrary. He has done no better and no worse than Sima or Dessers yet the attitudes towards him are far more positive. I'd actually say Dessres, in very quick flashes, has shown more quality, but been denied by good saves etc.

Whereas Danilo gets a free pass for a miss that Van Vossen would struggle to replicate and doesn't even look an upgrade on Sakala so far.

He scored today, but Dessers set him up. Yet Danilo gets full credit and benefit of the doubt and Dessers gets dismissed.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Looked sharper today but big few weeks coming up for him.

Can he do it against PSV and them.

Let’s hope so mate, needs good energy in behind him and creativity. Defo looks like what we’ve been missing in terms of finsihing, tuesday aside obviously 

36 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Another example of a player where people look for evidence to support their view and ignore any evidence to the contrary. He has done no better and no worse than Sima or Dessers yet the attitudes towards him are far more positive. I'd actually say Dessres, in very quick flashes, has shown more quality, but been denied by good saves etc.

Whereas Danilo gets a free pass for a miss that Van Vossen would struggle to replicate and doesn't even look an upgrade on Sakala so far.

He scored today, but Dessers set him up. Yet Danilo gets full credit and benefit of the doubt and Dessers gets dismissed.

He missed a sitter, so what? It’s one fucking chance and he’s literally just arrived. His technique and composure on the ball is clear for everyone to see, you must be blind, stoned, drunk, or all of the above, if you don’t think he’s an upgrade on Sakala ffs

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

He missed a sitter, so what? It’s one fucking chance and he’s literally just arrived. His technique and composure on the ball is clear for everyone to see, you must be blind, stoned, drunk, or all of the above, if you don’t think he’s an upgrade on Sakala ffs

Or supports another team?

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Sakala wasn't good enough but created more chaos that Danilo has so far. I've seen nothing from Danilo yet that suggests he's any better than Dessers but the difference in how they are treated is night and day.

On 13/08/2023 at 07:52, KeyserSoze said:

Thought he’s got a very similar style to Jermain Defoe.  Which can’t be a bad thing

Reminds me of Defoe too. Think he will be a great player for us once he settles in. 

His link up play was good today. He had a trio of one twos In the box on the run in one attack. So the lad has vision. 

10 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Sakala wasn't good enough but created more chaos that Danilo has so far. I've seen nothing from Danilo yet that suggests he's any better than Dessers but the difference in how they are treated is night and day.

They are Just in the door mate are comparing all Sakalas games to all Danilos for Rangers?

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Quite like him. Against the grain, but I also think there’s a player in Dessers. 

I think both have the potential to come good and form a lethal partnership but they're being held back a bit by the manager's tactics or lack of game plan.  Once we settle on a formation and game plan that suits our players we should be flying up front and in midfield, still not sold on our defence but hopefully we get someone in to add some solidity. 

8 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

What a pile of shite mate....van vossen got rolled in from 6yrds out for an open goal....how the fuck you even think that is comparable to the other night beggars belief....you are another crank who clearly knows fuck all about football :confused: