*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

24 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

When you run across the park of the final third to demand the ball for a throw in at 1-0 down when your teammates about to throw it in and then cedes possession to the captain who rather than play it into the final third area proceeds to play it back to our defender and then keeper that sums up the mentality of this fucking bampot .

That clueless cunt of a manager no doubt let that slide at full time .

Totally clueless the lot of them no wonder the opposition are fucking laughing at them witnessing a shitshow like that .

That summed up our problem for me. It's time for change. Other than score penalties and two wonderous FKs, he has done nothing for 12 months but continues to have major influence. There are so many new players, that i don't think it would be as unsettling as people think. 

Two trophies under his tenure is not good enough. If we persist until his contract is up on 26, we are in trouble.

No doubt people will come on to say a captaincy is overrated in the modern game.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That summed up our problem for me. It's time for change. Other than score penalties and two wonderous FKs, he has done nothing for 12 months but continues to have major influence. There are so many new players, that i don't think it would be as unsettling as people think. 

Two trophies under his tenure is not good enough. If we persist until his contract is up on 26, we are in trouble.

No doubt people will come on to say a captaincy is overrated in the modern game.

No it’s not you need a leader on the pitch who leads not slow the game down that disadvantages the team’s momentum 

Just back from that shit. The smoke display was good then all downhill from there. Dont think Killie were troubled, cant remember their GK having to make a decent save. First game of the season and already playing catch up. Grim

As an aside I saw the commotion just before KO at the Killie main stand. Seemingly an older guy had a heart attack so thoughts are with him. 

Can guarantee Killie wont have an easier game v the OF this season. 

1 minute ago, Madina said:

Just back from that shit. The smoke display was good then all downhill from there. Dont think Killie were troubled, cant remember their GK having to make a decent save. First game of the season and already playing catch up. Grim

As an aside I saw the commotion just before KO at the Killie main stand. Seemingly an older guy had a heart attack so thoughts are with him. 

Can guarantee Killie wont have an easier game v the OF this season. 

They’ll probably play us again there so they could easily have another easier game. celtic will roll over the top of them 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It must come from the manager. 

I can understand it from the point of view of Tav taking corners if it's going into the box, or taking free kicks that are around the penalty box, but it makes absolutely no sense for Tav to be taking every single throw in. 

Completely kills any sort of momentum or advantage by the time he ambles across and throws it backwards.

There's no momentum or urgency or positivity in our play. Not until the last 10 mins like today when we are chasing a draw or trying to get a winner and then it's desperation long ball tactics.

1 hour ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

There's something fucking rotten at the core of this club. Wtf it is and how we get rid of it I've no idea. 

Not enough players moved on I think. There is still a core in this team of perennial losers.

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It must come from the manager. 

I can understand it from the point of view of Tav taking corners if it's going into the box, or taking free kicks that are around the penalty box, but it makes absolutely no sense for Tav to be taking every single throw in. 

Completely kills any sort of momentum or advantage by the time he ambles across and throws it backwards.

The exact opposite of them at celtic park last season, I think. They had a throw in, took it quickly, we were strolling about and they scored.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I honestly can’t believe that Cantwell started on the bench.

He's the one, fit, creative player we have. It's mind-blowing.

If ever I've seen a line-up that screamed complacency and underestimating an opponent, it was that.

What is the point in signing 9 players, almost all attacking players, to start with 3 central midfielders, of which one of them spent most the game at centre back?

I've been quite supportive of Beale and felt he needed to get in his own players before he can be judged, but it's not a case of him bringing in new players and changing the system and it taking time for them to get used it it, he's changed nothing. It's exactly the same system, just different players.

Anyone that watched us last year would have told you our biggest failing was not being able to create good chances, yet who have we signed who can be considered creative and can unlock defences? Maybe Cifuentes but we're yet to see him.

See the wee clipped ball into the box from the edge of the box instead of shooting? That is just embarrassing for a team like us with £12m attacking players. Begging to feed off wee scraps in the box instead of having a bit of dig or guile to have a shot from outside the box. How dare we do that eh. Boring. Even Raskin has started to do it. 

19 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Neil McCann's summary on SportScene was spot on. 

The front 3 were all playing like individuals and not taking turns in dropping back to create gaps for runners to find space. There was one clip the 3 of them were so narrow they were a few yards apart from each other. 

Creativity was poor today, but we definitely saw a team who don't quite understand each others movements or the tactics they are being asked to play. 

That falls on Beale. 

It better start gelling sooner rather than later because a few more games like that into the season and the balls burst.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He's the one, fit, creative player we have. It's mind-blowing.

If ever I've seen a line-up that screamed complacency and underestimating an opponent, it was that.

What is the point in signing 9 players, almost all attacking players, to start with 3 central midfielders, of which one of them spent most the game at centre back?

I've been quite supportive of Beale and felt he needed to get in his own players before he can be judged, but it's not a case of him bringing in new players and changing the system and it taking time for them to get used it it, he's changed nothing. It's exactly the same system, just different players.

He’ll always start with a defensive midfield in  bigger matches, Europe and even the Taigs on September 3rd, that is his MO.

In the bigger games, Cantwell will be fighting for a spot with Lammers.