*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

Butland

Tav      Souttar    Davies   Yilmaz

Jack Raskin Dowell

Cantwell

Danilo   Lammers  

I know it's only Kilmarnock, but I'd rather we controlled the game, pushed the full backs high and protected them with players in midfield that can cover.

Yilmaz was terrible at weekend, but rather than stick with Borna I'd rather see if Ridvan can improve and capture some of the promising form he showed in flashes last season, hoping he's better with some cover in front of him. Its still a nightmare picking a left back atm. Jack covering Tav and helping Raskin play with a bit more freedom.

Cantwell back in his best position where he was the main man for us.

Dessers not starting until he gets sharper and up to speed.

Defence still gives me the fear, so giving some cover. 

3 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Butland

Jack Raskin Dowell

Cantwell

Danilo   Lammers  

I know it's only Kilmarnock, but I'd rather we controlled the game, pushed the full backs high and protected them with players in midfield that can cover.

Yilmaz was terrible at weekend, but rather than stick with Borna I'd rather see if Ridvan can improve and capture some of the promising form he showed in flashes last season, hoping he's better with some cover in front of him. Its still a nightmare picking a left back atm. Jack covering Tav and helping Raskin play with a bit more freedom.

I'd put Sterling in instead of Yilmaz.

39 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz 

Raskin 

Lammers Cantwell Dowell

Dessers   Danilo

Pretty all out attack - Raskin is not a defensive midfielder and if we want to play like this Jack or Lundstram would be better in the DM role.

4 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Lundstram does well with the game in front of him and breaking up play - against the like of Kilmarnock who will want to counter I think hes good.

When he can be bothered, he doesn't look like he is at the moment.

Butland

Tav   Souttar     Davies     Sterling

Raskin

Dowell     Lammers   Cantwell

Dessers  Danillo

I fully expect Beale to pick one of Jack or Lundstram and he always speaks highly of Sima, so maybe he starts as well.

8 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Butland

Jack Raskin Dowell

Cantwell

Danilo   Lammers  

I was for the idea of Lammers up front with Cantwell in behind, but on 2nd thoughts Cantwell hasn't kicked his own arse through preseason, whereas Lammers has impressed in the number 10 position that Cantwell plays his best stuff in. 

I know Dessers hasn't really done anything, but he and Danilo will be playing a lot together imo, so the quicker they gel, the better. Hopefully with Lammers continuing his pre-season form to make it easier for them and creating chances. 

Like I said in another thread, I would've built the team around Cantwell before preseason, but Lammers has came in and been decent. At the minute, he should be in that role for Killie away. 

Just now, maverick1200 said:

I can't see anything but the below, possible Borna replacing Ridvan. 

Butland 

Tav Souttar Davies Ridvan

Cantwell Raskin Dowell

Lammers

Sima Dessers

Sima hasn’t looked great so although Danilo is just in the door I’d be starting him, he’ll be fit enough at least.

8 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I just don’t see the hype around Yilmaz I’m all honesty, I’d punt… but Barasic is a man down too often… we need another in here and CB

Would still go with barasic as at least he’s got an end product going forward.