*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

5 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

I'd go with something like this based on the players we have available.

Fully expect we will get the job done, but no doubt a frustrating watch. 2-1 Rangers.

LINEUP111691071917600.png

5 atb against Killie, no chance.

1 minute ago, NI said:

I'd rather stick Dessers up top alongside Danilo than go 5 at the back on Saturday.

Although not against a 5 at the back at some point through the season if we don’t improve in the centre back area and we start leaking goals. 

8 minutes ago, NI said:

5 minutes ago, King Rager said:

I'd rather stick Dessers up top alongside Danilo than go 5 at the back on Saturday.

Although not against a 5 at the back at some point through the season if we don’t improve in the centre back area and we start leaking goals. 

5 at the back isn't more defensive, it frees up our full backs and stops them from exposing our weakness.

3 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

5 at the back isn't more defensive, it frees up our full backs and stops them from exposing our weakness.

I agree. I've seen it used very effectively in attack.

Think Dessers and Danilo will be playing alongside each other a lot though and will need to form a relationship sooner than later. Killie's the perfect game to start that. 

2 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

I would say it adds a defender and takes away either a striker or midfielder. Maybe you feel all teams are now going to abandon their usual tactics of sitting back defending for most of the game this season? Basically if we play midfielders who are mobile enough, smart enough or willing enough to drop back to cover for our advancing full backs there would be no need to add another defender to stand about or play square passes to keep occupied.

If we go 2 up top against Kilmarnock we’ll batter them

Will tell me a lot about Beale‘s tactical intentions this season if we end up resorting to two holding midfielders again with Danilo or Dessers having ridiculous demands on them up top on their own 

21 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Never great games on the eye away to killie and livi with the shambolic playing surfaces so any kind of win will do for us. The performances will come

Absolutely. This’ll take weeks for this side to settle. Points on the board is all that matters. 
They’ll drop very little - we have to cut out the cheap dropped points 

11 hours ago, Essandoh said:

If we go 2 up top against Kilmarnock we’ll batter them

Will tell me a lot about Beale‘s tactical intentions this season if we end up resorting to two holding midfielders again with Danilo or Dessers having ridiculous demands on them up top on their own 

If it’s endless balls in from Tav and Barasic then we know we’re in trouble.