Excitement quelled

hammer93

4 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Were we not missing several players due to COVID? 

You said loads, we didn’t have our first choice keeper or a proper right back 

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We did. Our manager 2 goalies 2 right backs all in the house if memory serves

Not loads is it? Still had the majority of our first team playing 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

You said loads, we didn’t have our first choice keeper or a proper right back 

Not loads is it? Still had the majority of our first team playing 

Fair enough, I thought we were missing more than that. Was it the European game we were missing more in? 

That makes it even worse anyway :lol:

Just now, AGM_72 said:

Fair enough, I thought we were missing more than that. Was it the European game we were missing more in? 

That makes it even worse anyway :lol:

Can’t remember tbh mate, just know that people keep saying we had half a team missing in that old firm game when we didn’t 😂

Most excited person in the country will be Martindale.

He's said before his entire game plan for coming to Ibrox is about frustrating Rangers to get the crowd annoyed. Yesterday means that makes his job even easier. First couple of slack passes and the crowd will do the job for him.

And that's even with a good result against Servette mid week.

Just now, hammer93 said:

I'm talking more of his first game with what he now sees as his team

Yup and was worse than what we saw last season. Hopefully it clicks and comes good but let’s be honest how many times we seen this same movie and know how it ends.

I’m normally positive person mate always look for the good things or find excuses.  I’m really struggling with what I’m seeing and hearing from our manager just now. I hate being like this but canny help how I see it and how I feel. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Yup and was worse than what we saw last season. Hopefully it clicks and comes good but let’s be honest how many times we seen this same movie and know how it ends.

I’m normally positive person mate always look for the good things or find excuses.  I’m really struggling with what I’m seeing and hearing from our manager just now. I hate being like this but canny help how I see it and how I feel. 

Mate I totally get what you're saying but in the last 18hrs this is what I've took from RM

The majority have no faith in Beale

The majority have written Sima off as a donkey 

Some now questioning the point in signing Lammers 

Dessers isn't good enough 

Souttar is a donkey 

Colak should still be here

Sakala & Wright are now nowhere near as bad

We missed Kent

Fuck knows how someone hasn't mentioned bringing back Alfie yet, it is one game ffs, I'm not going to pretend this will all click in overnight but we seem to have reached the armageddon stage after just one game 

Last week again a lot of posters claimed what a transfer window we are having, I am pragmatic enough to wait and judge players over a certain period of time before I write them off or declare my undying love for them....we move onto Wednesday and hope we get a positive outcome mate:tu:

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Bubble was burst yesterday.

Buys attacking players and plays the usual defensive mind numbing pish. Picks roasters like Lundstram and subs on crocks like Jack.

He killed the buzz

This is exactly my thoughts mate....I was buzzing thinking we would be playing two up top with support from Cantwell & Lammers.....my heart sunk when I saw Lundstram in the line up and Danilo on the bench

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Mate I totally get what you're saying but in the last 18hrs this is what I've took from RM

Souttar is a donkey 

We missed Kent

Fuck knows how someone hasn't mentioned bringing back Alfie yet, it is one game ffs, I'm not going to pretend this will all click in overnight but we seem to have reached the armageddon stage after just one game 

Last week again a lot of posters claimed what a transfer window we are having, I am pragmatic enough to wait and judge players over a certain period of time before I write them off or declare my undying love for them....we move onto Wednesday and hope we get a positive outcome mate:tu:

Did you expect any less mate. Couple of mates Im going to avoid for a few days as the armageddon style meltdown is unbearable.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Souttar is a donkey 

We missed Kent

Same year, after year, was the same last season. People buzzing about signing a centre back from Liverpool despite the fact he was signed in a defensive crisis, never played a minute, and was loaned out, weren’t allowed to doubt the signing either.

28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Shocked at it myself to be honest. Over £10m on Dessers, Danilo and Lammers he simply has to play the 3 of them. 

On yesterday’s form, Dessers should be starting on the bench.

Lawrence would have balanced Lammers on the other side and Cantwell for Lundstram is glaringly obvious.

Thought Dowell was better than most.

Just now, hammer93 said:

This is exactly my thoughts mate....I was buzzing thinking we would be playing two up top with support from Cantwell & Lammers.....my heart sunk when I saw Lundstram in the line up and Danilo on 

Lundstram out and cantwell in I would have been happy with that 11 (based on current fitness/injuries)

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He's said before his entire game plan for coming to Ibrox is about frustrating Rangers to get the crowd annoyed. Yesterday means that makes his job even easier. First couple of slack passes and the crowd will do the job for him.

And he’ll pack the middle of park forcing us to go wide and cross ball into his giant centre halves.

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, still excited to see how this team perform when they’re all up to speed with playing alongside each other 

We are still a work in progress and have the likes of Cifu to come in. However the lack of fight in the likes of Lammers and Sima has me more than a little worried. Scottish football can be very attritional as yesterday showed and they didn’t show up well.

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've pretty much accepted we're dropping points on Saturday barring a set piece goal or some other variable. With Wednesday's game we'll likely have no time to work on shape and tactics; recovery and fitness prep only.

Sad state of affairs

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, still excited to see how this team perform when they’re all up to speed with playing alongside each other 

Beale will need time to get it right with his new squad but will he get it, that's the question. A key month for him.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Same year, after year, was the same last season. 

We were all excited going into last season probably based on the fact we thought we had strengthened the squad on the back of the Europa run, we never really saw the true benefit with far to many injuries....we were a shell of a team by the time Gio left the building, it's hard not to feel upbeat when we see a major overhaul of personnel, no way was this transition period be straightforward